The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
We're not ones to get complacent don't worry. It's you guys who should buckle up, I'm hearing talks about a possible title surge? No one's guaranteed a top 4 spot bar Chelsea probably like you suggested.

Understandable :h:

We got a bit giddy in November/early December. Since then there has been no talk of a title challenge. We just want to finish 2nd-4th and have a good FA cup run.
We're not ones to get complacent don't worry. It's you guys who should buckle up, I'm hearing talks about a possible title surge? No one's guaranteed a top 4 spot bar Chelsea probably like you suggested.

Understandable :h:

Actually after today I'm hearing lots of Arsenal title chat which is frankly outrageous considering you couldn't win it from 1st place this time last season with 11 more pts than now.

Our fans are more pessimistic about top 4 that anything. Only need to look in the #mufc forum to see that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hayles101

Our fans are more pessimistic about top 4 that anything. Only need to look in the #mufc forum to see that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And rightly so. We seem to have an aura of vulnerability at the moment, like we can just crumble at any second. No victory is assured, I was nervous for Leicester at home. Can't believe we lost to them and drew to Villa, who actually scored as well :laugh:
Original post by hayles101
Actually after today I'm hearing lots of Arsenal title chat which is frankly outrageous considering you couldn't win it from 1st place this time last season with 11 more pts than now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lolwut: I haven't seen any Arsenal fan on here talking about us winning the title. Even if they did surely it was just a joke/banter? That's quite simply outrageous considering the fact we have to get into top four first. You can't run before you walk.

Yes and that's because you came 7th last year. Of course you're going to be a bit more pessimistic, the hope is going to wither a bit isn't it. And that's not helped by the fact that at least 6 teams are in for a top 4 finish.
Original post by AR_95
Think what he's trying to say is we have a better overall squad and first XI compared to yours of last year, which is evident. Anyways iirc your real streak of success came after beating us which was early/mid Feb, so still lots of time left in the season.

And I'm saying it's irrelevant how good you think you are on paper since it's about how you perform. Liverpool last season were regularly the best or one of the best in the country. Have Arsenal regularly been playing as one of the best teams in the country this season?
We've got an outside chance at the title, no more than 2%. We can only drop 3-5 points to stand any kind of chance and have to beat the rentboys.
Truth is, I would sell Walcott to any old team willing to pay a good price. It is possible that we can get Reus in the summer, I see him preferring to work with Wenger rather than Mourinho (seems like a level headed guy in footballing terms). He was very close to joining us in the summer before he got injured in a World Cup warmup game, Sanchez was in fact our backup option. Him + Schneiderlin in the summer would be perfect business.

I think Real are our biggest competition for him, if they can convince him he can fit into their team.
(edited 9 years ago)
I'd focus on trying to finish 3rd/4th before aiming for the stars.
Bearing in mind you were playing a very naive Aston Villa side, I wouldn't think realistically of the title.
Original post by Zerforax
I'd focus on trying to finish 3rd/4th before aiming for the stars.

You do know you are all being trolled right?
Original post by angelfox
Also this sums up Wilshere:

Wilshere has actually improved his performances this season. Not sure how you can say he is disrupting Ozil and Ramsey's link up play considering we haven't seen them play well together for over half a year.

He's far from perfect but I'd say his performances this season for club and country have been better than Ramsey's.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hope we get a tie against Real or someone like that if we get through the Monaco tie. Banter them off in their own back yard. CL should be priority, beating a big team in a tie. Luckily, Wenger always takes the CL more seriously in a tactical sense.
I think Bellerin is going to be a top RB. Always liked the fella.
Original post by Mr Pink
Wilshere has actually improved his performances this season. Not sure how you can say he is disrupting Ozil and Ramsey's link up play considering we haven't seen them play well together for over half a year.

He's far from perfect but I'd say his performances this season for club and country have been better than Ramsey's.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because he personally has done well, doesn't mean the team has. Look at the painful performances earlier in the season.

Original post by angelfox
Just because he personally has done well, doesn't mean the team has. Look at the painful performances earlier in the season.

So ideally he'll be on the bench when he can play

(but most likely Ramsey/Cazorla/Ozil gets crocked again before that)
In all seriousness, I like the light hearted student vibe of the thread. No one claims to be an expert or have insider knowledge like on Arsenal dedicated forums. It has it's own niche and for that I think it has re-visit value to it's members. Even from genuinely enlightened members such as Qua, there is none of the academic-like arrogance attached to it (lovely member btw).
(edited 9 years ago)
I make good posts tbf :moon:
Original post by AR_95
x

Original post by Tom_Ford
x

Sighh.

Hi guys, can I just quickly ask that you keep it friendly. I really don't want to have to take action here, come on now. Love and peace yeah? Thanks :smile:

And to everyone else, please don't make posts intended to make certain users feel bad, that's not what this thread's for.

What's with all the personal insults these days? Seriously, put an end to it.

Edit: Just to add, any insulting posts or posts intended for trolling/directed at specific users will be removed.
(edited 9 years ago)

What's with all the personal insults these days? Seriously, put an end to it.

bruh

its Peggles starting it with the casual racism

#drysnitching
Also, got to give credit to Giroud and Monreal - both have stepped up, and should be in our first choice XI.

Latest