The Student Room Group

I won't have sex until I'm in a relationship!Do I stand a chance in the dating world?

Scroll to see replies

OP, and everyone else who's waiting for a decent relationship: I think you're all heroes <3
Original post by EmmzAyr
Does it matter if we are both happy with the arrangement?

We still cuddle etc, but, not going "all the way!"

We are both content with that!

All that matters is that you're both happy.
Reply 62
Original post by Mankytoes
You're past the age of consent, but a lot of girls your age don't feel ready for sex. Age matters for the reason I said, people just generally tend to have sex earlier when they're older. You're lucky, because most nineteen year old guys wouldn't be happy in your boyfriend's situation. But good for you if this is what you really want!

He seems happy with it - as I am too! it's not what I really want, but, as long as we continue together, as we are, then we are both happy!

Believe me, we have discussed it, it's not a big issue for us.
Reply 63
Original post by OU Student
All that matters is that you're both happy.

Thanks! x
Original post by Anonymous
Hello people!

I prefer a bit of more traditional approach to dating and I won't have sex without a commitment and a deep connection. I also like a bit of courtship and romance.

What do you guys think? Do you think I'm being entitled or that I sound dis-empowered? Maybe even needy? I feel like I just know what I want now :smile:

I tried a more modern approach to sex/dating once and it ended up in me getting hurt and feeling used. I realised I'm just not cut out to have sex like that e.g on third date etc. It's not for me but I understand that it works for others

I'll admit I now have a much harder time finding men who are willing to wait and I some ways think I've got a lot of work to find someone who respects this. I've dated many guys so far who were not willing to wait. I've only had one boyfriend in my life because of this and I'm 24. So if you do the maths I've slept with 2 men in my life.

How long would you guys realistically wait? And ladies you too?

Thanks!

How long would I wait? 48 hours... IF I like you.

You'll be fine, you just need to find a partner who doesn't like sex either and doesn't really take relationships seriously.
Original post by EmmzAyr
He seems happy with it - as I am too! it's not what I really want, but, as long as we continue together, as we are, then we are both happy!

Believe me, we have discussed it, it's not a big issue for us.

Can I ask why you haven't had sex? Only if it's not too personal likes.
Reply 66
Original post by Mankytoes
Can I ask why you haven't had sex? Only if it's not too personal likes.

it is personal "likes" - We are not religious or anything, just, don't feel the need - We love each other, & feel that might change things.

If it happens, then fine. Not going to do it for the sake of it though, that's the whole point!
I'm a virgin because I'd like to go out with a girl, become her bf, fall in love, then have sex.
I'm 21 and have never had a gf sadly but I'd rather do it this way than have sex with someone casually (at least for my first experience).
It seems a better way to me.
Original post by averagenerdykid
I'm a virgin because I'd like to go out with a girl, become her bf, fall in love, then have sex.
I'm 21 and have never had a gf sadly but I'd rather do it this way than have sex with someone casually (at least for my first experience).
It seems a better way to me.

Sure sure.

If an ugly girl offered you sex right now, you'd have your pants down faster than clark kent in a phonebox.
Original post by cole-slaw
Sure sure.

If an ugly girl offered you sex right now, you'd have your pants down faster than clark kent in a phonebox.

Wow what an insightful comment!
Original post by averagenerdykid
Wow what an insightful comment!

It is, because it is 100% true.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending