The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by thstudent
I got an unconditional offer for B.Sc in Management

Congrats, i know the feeling when you get an acceptance conditional, but unconditional i would kill myself
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 1541
im not sure but I think it depends on the modules you choose if you pick more maths and econometrics you might get into more bank related jobs have you done a level maths
Original post by OmarZ
Congrats, i know the feeling when you get an acceptance conditional, but unconditional i would kill myself

Why would you kill yourself if you got an unconditional offer? :confused:
Reply 1543
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Why would you kill yourself if you got an unconditional offer? :confused:

Happiness/Excitement, i would just throw my books away and burn em
Original post by 5@NA
im not sure but I think it depends on the modules you choose if you pick more maths and econometrics you might get into more bank related jobs have you done a level maths

I got offered for eco and finance and plan to do all the maths modules I can an.
Got my interview for Geography on Wednesday. Does anyone know if they ask you stuff from your personal statement - haven't looked at that in months!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iceangel8
Got my interview for Geography on Wednesday. Does anyone know if they ask you stuff from your personal statement - haven't looked at that in months!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course they ask you stuff from your PS!
Original post by iceangel8

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, they will do. I had an interview for BioMed ( i know it's not exactly the same but they're both a little sciency...so yeah!). Don't worry though, majority of the interviewers are quite nice.
I pretty much analysed my p.s and thought of questions an interviewer would ask and come up with at least 3 points for each potential question. I know you can't cover every questions they could ask but it's a good foundation to have.....

Hope this helps! :biggrin:
I have applied for midwifery and have an interview on the 12th Feb. has anyone had an interview yet or due to have one?
Reply 1549
Original post by jessicahamilton
I've applied for french and spanish at manchester, recently got an interview to invite me to an interview. Has anyone been to one of these/know the format/will they ask me to speak in either of my languages?
Also, I responded to the email saying I will be attending on 19th Feb but I didn't get a reply to confirm this date, bit worried I'll fly from northern ireland and be told I'm not registered for that day! did anyone else get a response?

Hiya, I applied for Spanish and Italian and I had my interview back in December... my interview was really casual and the language tutor was friendly, the questions were mainly based on my personal statement, why I wanna do the course, why Manchester etc. and the whole interview was in English. I didn't get a confirmation email either, so don't worry about that as I'm pretty sure they put everyone on the registers once they've responded with their chosen date :smile:
Original post by bronwencerimarsh
I know that Richmond Park has eight blocks, which each have eight flats and hold eight people (convenient right?). The only other Fallowfield one which has your requirements is Sheavyn House but I'm not quite sure on the numbers for that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, quite convenient actually...where did you get the numbers for richmond park from ?
Original post by Einstein16
Yes, quite convenient actually...where did you get the numbers for richmond park from ?

They're all on the accommodation website :smile:
http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
I received my first answer from Manchester 2 days ago and I am really excited. It's a conditional offer but my excitement was over the top. But I read a couple of replies that include interviews ? Are interviews mandatory ? Is it bad that I wasn't asked to do an interview
Original post by katrinhong
I received my first answer from Manchester 2 days ago and I am really excited. It's a conditional offer but my excitement was over the top. But I read a couple of replies that include interviews ? Are interviews mandatory ? Is it bad that I wasn't asked to do an interview

It depends on the course. In any case, you've got an offer so it obviously wasn't bad that you weren't invited to an interview.
Can any IB students tell me if Manchester's offers include bonus points?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel so conflicted about what to do with my offer...I really liked Manchester but the offer's the same as my firm choice...
Reply 1556
Original post by milkberries
Can any IB students tell me if Manchester's offers include bonus points?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes they do, what's your predicted :biggrin:?
Original post by OmarZ
Yes they do, what's your predicted :biggrin:?

You're positively sure? Because my other offers mentioned __ IB points + bonus points but Manchester just asked for 35 IB points.
And I'm predicted 40 points :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1558
Original post by milkberries
You're positively sure? Because my other offers mentioned __ IB points + bonus points but Manchester just asked for 35 IB points.
And I'm predicted 40 points :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i have 35 predicted (including +2)

and my course needed 35

got the offer
Anyone here firming PPE for Manchester? Or insuring?
:smile::smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending