The Student Room Group

Ladies, how much have you researched into the male psychology before..

How much have you really read into the male psychology before getting into a long term relationship?

So I've been looking to get married soon, I've not really had proper relationships in the past. In order to be two steps ahead, I am actively reading into the male psychology and what makes us different. I've watched a couple of scientific documentaries and read quite a few articles on how men think.
I have never read into male psychology let alone before getting into a long term relationship mostly because I have no idea how long the relationship is and secondly because I've never thought that I need to read about it. You learn as you are together and everyone is different anyway
Reply 2
I fail to comprehend the implication that there is a correlation with your knowledge of male psychology and having a good relationship...

it seems like you're looking for a 'how to' guide but everyone is different anyway. just focus on your partner as an individual and get to know THEM. if you research too much into this sort of thing you will start to form stereotypes (or reinforce ones you had before) which will actually make your relationship more difficult.
Original post by 1501
I fail to comprehend the implication that there is a correlation with your knowledge of male psychology and having a good relationship...

it seems like you're looking for a 'how to' guide but everyone is different anyway. just focus on your partner as an individual and get to know THEM. if you research too much into this sort of thing you will start to form stereotypes (or reinforce ones you had before) which will actually make your relationship more difficult.

I completely agree.
Yes, Psychology is a fascinating field that we can all learn from, but I think this is essentially over thinking it in terms of your own relationships. If I had a partner and knew they were doing that I think it would make me feel a little on edge. Like you said..there isn't any how to guides or lessons on forming long term relationships.
You make it sound that they're some kind of species so radically different than us. While there are some "common patterns of behaviour" men (males?) can be very diverse, affected by different experiences, having different goals...It's kind of pointless to research male psychology and then apply the theories you read about on your partner. I don't think it works that way. :dontknow:

Original post by Foo.mp3
Welcome to what you need to know about male psychology 101. There are two main types of male:

Beta 'nice guys', who will try to get into your pants, by hook or by crook
Alpha douchebros, who will proceed directly to said pants

It is advisable to marry someone who has made the rare leap between classifications and been frozen in time :beard:

And hence you marry Foo.mp3 :u:
Seriously though, isn't this a bit inaccurate? Few guys I know fit neatly into any of the above two categories. Men are so much more interesting/complex than that!
Original post by Foo.mp3
Correct anzaaaa

Sure..

Spoiler

I was being a little tongue in cheek/oversimplifying, yes

Spoiler

Fair enough!

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
How much have you really read into the male psychology before getting into a long term relationship?

So I've been looking to get married soon, I've not really had proper relationships in the past. In order to be two steps ahead, I am actively reading into the male psychology and what makes us different. I've watched a couple of scientific documentaries and read quite a few articles on how men think.

What have you learned? There's this guy I really like and I think he is interested in me as well but I'm way too shy to do or say anything. What should I dooo?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by maisievaan
What have you learned? There's this guy I really like and I think he is interested in me as well but I'm way too shy to do or say anything. What should I dooo?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he has not done anything and you are correct in your assumption that he liked you then instead of me giving you advice try this:

He most probably has YouTube'd videos of "signs girls are into you" or asked his mates.
Either way, you should YouTube the same thing above, see what they say women do when they are interested (e.g play with hair, pivoting on spot whilst looking down...) then do them around him and that'll spark his confidence level to man up and do something.

Thank me later, PM for help.
Original post by iAmanze
If he has not done anything and you are correct in your assumption that he liked you then instead of me giving you advice try this:

He most probably has YouTube'd videos of "signs girls are into you" or asked his mates.
Either way, you should YouTube the same thing above, see what they say women do when they are interested (e.g play with hair, pivoting on spot whilst looking down...) then do them around him and that'll spark his confidence level to man up and do something.

Thank me later, PM for help.

Thanks love. Never thought of that. We used to spend hours together and because I'm such a wimp, I never did anything and I just have this feeling that he thought I wasn't into him anymore and we stopped hanging out together. I need to do something, defo trying that. I'd love to just tell him how I feel and ask what he thinks but I would rather die than do that....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending