The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Incredible97
Listen goobypls, if beautifulxxx wants to defend saudi then she is right, i will defend saudi aswell, only cuz you hate saudi doesnt mean everybody else has to, and who said it has the worst human/women rights record, thats what ur thinking but not others. I love saudi and i would like to live there.

And yeah please control that mouth of yours *stupid king*.

Well said sister :yy::yy:
Original post by Tpos
no female only gyms?

Some women here are so rich they have their own gyms at home *cries*. Yeah there are. Quite far however and quite expensive too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
We are taught that a Muslim should respect and appreciate his or her parents every day throughout the year. In the Qur'an, appreciation and treatment of parents is described beautifully in Surah Al-Isra in which Allah (swt) says, "Your Lord hath decreed that ye worship none but Him and that ye be kind to parents. Whether one or both of them attain old age in thy life, say not to them a word of contempt, nor repel them, but address them in terms of honor. And out of kindness lower to them the wing of humility and say: 'My Lord! Bestow on them Thy Mercy even as they cherished me in childhood.'" (Quran 17:23-24)
Original post by Ankabout
Assalam ul Alaikum,

No that's just a formality haha. You can still post but it's good to sign up to show you are an I-Soc member. :smile:

Here is a welcome drink. :pepsi:

Oh haha I'll make sure to sign up soon and ahh man Pepsi. Gonna get fat 😂
Recognition and respect of parents is mentioned eleven times in the Qur'an. In every instance, Allah reminds children to appreciate the care and love they received from their parents. In one aspect, Allah demands that children honor their parents by saying, "We have enjoined on man kindness to parents." (Quran 29:8 & 46:15)
Original post by Amazing!!
Recognition and respect of parents is mentioned eleven times in the Qur'an. In every instance, Allah reminds children to appreciate the care and love they received from their parents. In one aspect, Allah demands that children honor their parents by saying, "We have enjoined on man kindness to parents." (Quran 29:8 & 46:15)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah my parents always rambling about that.
Original post by beautifulxxx
Insha'Allah wouldn't that be a dream man. Of course!!! I'd take you Makkah and Madinah above all.
Lol and after that restaurant, we spend the rest of our energy on shopping. How r u?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep an awesome dream.
Aww really that's great hun :jumphug: your making me excited now!
Oh yeah better spend that energy on shopping, we don't want to get fat he he, we will buy awesome things, :cool:
Im good alhamdullilah, just busy doing my psychology essay and soz if im replying late sis.
How are you?
(edited 9 years ago)
"I then wish to rouse you from your sleep, O you who recite the Quran to a great length, who take its study as an occupation, and who imbibe some of its outward meanings and sentences. How long will you ramble on the shore of the ocean, closing your eyes to the wonders of the meanings of the Quran? Was it not your duty to sail to the midst of the fathomless ocean of these meanings in order to see their wonders, to travel to their islands in order to see their wonders, and to dive into their depths so that you might become rich by obtaining thir jewels? Do you not feel ashamedof being deprived of their pearls and jewels by your persistence in looking at their shores and outward appearances?

Has it not come to your knowledge that the Quran is an ocean..."

[Kitab jawaahir al-Quran, Imam al-Ghazali (rahimahullah)]
Reply 2648
Original post by Tennumbers
JazakAllahu khayran. :smile: I have so much more to share from the speech. InshaAllah will do later on.

Wa iyyaki please do! :smile:
Salaam everyone.

Are Muslim men allowed to wear silver chains? I read that rings are allowed but anything in ears, nose or around neck isn't coz it's an imitation of women.......?
Jazaak Allah
Original post by mali167
Salaam everyone.

Are Muslim men allowed to wear silver chains? I read that rings are allowed but anything in ears, nose or around neck isn't coz it's an imitation of women.......?
Jazaak Allah

Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullah

See here:
http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5753
http://islamqa.info/en/6697
http://seekershub.org/ans-blog/2012/07/03/why-is-gold-impermissible-for-men-but-permissible-for-women/
Muhammad Tim Humble retweeted this.

Spoiler

Reply 2652
[video="youtube;ejPZdadYab4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejPZdadYab4[/video]
Reflect upon Surah Al-Isra and read the meaning and tafsir behind it by Ibn Kathir... you'll then understand how special this ummah and your parents are! :smile:
Salam brothers i need some advice my best friend has left islam due to the actions of isis and blames the sharia law for being barbaric and by the way he doesn't know anything about islam he judges islam by the action of the muslims. And when i speak to him it feels like i'm speaking to a wall
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by islam786
Salam brothers i need some advice my best friend has left islam due to the actions of isis and blames the sharia law for being barbaric and by the way he doesn't know anything about islam he judges islam by the action of the muslims.

Walaikum assalam,

My advice is to be patient and gather evidence on why ISIS is NOT true Islam and present it to him. Do not feel responsible if he doesn't come back as your job is only to give Naseeha (advice).
Reply 2657
Original post by islam786
Salam brothers i need some advice my best friend has left islam due to the actions of isis and blames the sharia law for being barbaric and by the way he doesn't know anything about islam he judges islam by the action of the muslims. And when i speak to him it feels like i'm speaking to a wall

Wa alaykum salaam (a sister over here), I imagine it would be quite hard to talk to someone who has made their decision. Make sure you keep making dua for him and try not to push the conversation too much as he may take it the wrong way. But do let him know that you'd love to talk about Islam with him and clear up any issues he has and offer to get him books or share video links etc to useful talks to clear up his misunderstandings.
Currently I'm listening to this:
In this highly controversial yet scintillating interview, Dr. Yasir Qadhi gets into the mindset of radical “Islamic” movements and unveils the psychological framework that leads to terrorism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gGYVsbRvDQ
Original post by Ankabout
aikum assalam,

My advice is to be patient and gather evidence on why ISIS is NOT true Islam and present it to him. Do not feel responsible if he doesn't come back as your job is only to give Naseeha (advice).

Salam jazakallah for the advice
Brother i spoken to many shaikhs and all of them condemn the action of isis but my freind who never spoken to any scholars he gets his info from the web i tell him to go speak to the shaikh and that they will answer is questions but he says that the scholars will make him more angry and also he thinks that every muslim that doesn't follow isis are apostates because he thinks that isis are following the true islam. I tell him so many times that they have broken the law of islam and they transgressed but he refuses to listen.

Latest

Trending

Trending