The Student Room Group

Nonce hunter do you agree

do you agree with what he does or is it "mob justice" or vigilatism.
personally i think hes doing a wonderful job and these very sick individuals need to be outed.
Original post by matthewduncan
do you agree with what he does or is it "mob justice" or vigilatism.
personally i think hes doing a wonderful job and these very sick individuals need to be outed.

He's a national hero.
Had to look it up, but it looks a bit like catch a predator.

I'm not a fan of vigilante justice or mob hysteria, both of which this promotes; if he has evidence he should pass it to the police instead of this self-promoting 'nonce hunter' stuff.

Ironically, the knuckle-dragging 'hurr hurr name and shame' crap with ambush videos actually gives the paedophile chance to run home, chuck his hard drives in the river and be sitting there nice and safe if/when the police do come calling.

Not a fan myself.
No, he's a ****.
Original post by russellsteapot
Had to look it up, but it looks a bit like catch a predator.

I'm not a fan of vigilante justice or mob hysteria, both of which this promotes; if he has evidence he should pass it to the police instead of this self-promoting 'nonce hunter' stuff.

Ironically, the knuckle-dragging 'hurr hurr name and shame' crap with ambush videos actually gives the paedophile chance to run home, chuck his hard drives in the river and be sitting there nice and safe if/when the police do come calling.

Not a fan myself.

tbh weve seen on numerous occasions that paedos don't get the time in jail that they deserve and are even let out into the community without the general public knowing.
at least we can know who they are
Original post by matthewduncan
tbh weve seen on numerous occasions that paedos don't get the time in jail that they deserve and are even let out into the community without the general public knowing.
at least we can know who they are

Who decides what they 'deserve'? You?

And whether they're released, under what conditions and who knows about it is also far better dealt with by the justice system. Failure to properly integrate former offenders back into society tends to lead to former offenders becoming far more likely to be reoffenders. Contrary to what the Daily Mail would have people believe, there really isn't a paedo around every corner waiting for any child to walk past, like some Brass Eye sketch.

I don't doubt that there are dangerous predatory paedophiles who should never be let loose on society. But vigilantism and the assumption that someone else has the right to unilaterally decide what's the 'correct' way to deal with a crime, without any due process, will always gain my opposition, whether they target paedophiles, muggers or fly-tippers.
Reply 7
yes for jokes and trolling, no for providing evidence that somebody is a ped0

same concept as the police egging someone into comitting a crime

Quick Reply

Latest