The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Bit of an awful weekend depression wise. Family struggling with money, all my fault due to gambling. They want to move 2 and a half hours away by the coast, said it would make them happier but it's caused arguments and friction as although the coast sounds appealing, I don't want to have to change my GP practice. Dentist fine as no boundaries so can stay registered there. But I like my GP practice and moving to another will just add to my depression :frown:

Heard some practices from 5th January were allowing out of area registration but practices don't have to provide home visits, which I have never had anyway. Nothing on my surgery website and feel embarassed asking

Brother spoke to dad tonight who has said if my brother gets good news on a job he was interviewed for they may well look at moving local instead, but now I feel guilty at stopping my dad doing what he wants at 50 years old

Eating me alive stress levels risen, no doubt blood pressure be high at nurse check tomorrow. I want to make dad happy and say fine move by the coast, but don't want GP practice to change

Be up local regularly anyway if they moved as my dad bowls here every Tuesday, and visits auctions every 2 weeks. But can't see that changing any GP practice decision
Reply 161
Original post by Scott_Maslen_Fan
Bit of an awful weekend depression wise. Family struggling with money, all my fault due to gambling. They want to move 2 and a half hours away by the coast, said it would make them happier but it's caused arguments and friction as although the coast sounds appealing, I don't want to have to change my GP practice. Dentist fine as no boundaries so can stay registered there. But I like my GP practice and moving to another will just add to my depression :frown:

Heard some practices from 5th January were allowing out of area registration but practices don't have to provide home visits, which I have never had anyway. Nothing on my surgery website and feel embarassed asking

Brother spoke to dad tonight who has said if my brother gets good news on a job he was interviewed for they may well look at moving local instead, but now I feel guilty at stopping my dad doing what he wants at 50 years old

Eating me alive stress levels risen, no doubt blood pressure be high at nurse check tomorrow. I want to make dad happy and say fine move by the coast, but don't want GP practice to change

Be up local regularly anyway if they moved as my dad bowls here every Tuesday, and visits auctions every 2 weeks. But can't see that changing any GP practice decision

I know you dont want to move, and i know its hard to change drs, but if your parents want to move you shouldnt stop them... Iv spoken to 3 different surgeries about my mental health because i was diagnosed at uni, then moved home then moved in with my boyfriend, none of them i could go to the same dr with! But all have been amazing with supporting me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I know you dont want to move, and i know its hard to change drs, but if your parents want to move you shouldnt stop them... Iv spoken to 3 different surgeries about my mental health because i was diagnosed at uni, then moved home then moved in with my boyfriend, none of them i could go to the same dr with! But all have been amazing with supporting me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

completely agree with this ^

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is hard, its the social anxiety combined with the depression that makes it even harder. In reality any house move won't happen until much later in the year but it has still knocked me really low to the point I've not really ate much or been out of bed

Said I'd move out and find a flat local, so I don't have to change haha, but in reality can't has only on benefits so never be able to afford it

To be honest if my brother gets good news on this job tomorrow, they may reconsider anyway as taken long enough for either of us to get anywhere job wise
Why do trolls prey on me so much? I've had 3 today

Spoiler

I'm ****ing fed up of this the moderators are doing their best but ever since the trolls realised I had serious mental health issues and insecurities factoring into them that can easily be exploited they have consistently, persistently exploited them :frown:

I feel like a blue-pill whiny hint posting here
Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Why do trolls prey on me so much? I've had 3 today

Spoiler

I'm ****ing fed up of this the moderators are doing their best but ever since the trolls realised I had serious mental health issues and insecurities factoring into them that can easily be exploited they have consistently, persistently exploited them :frown:

I feel like a blue-pill whiny hint posting here

I may be wrong but I think you're seen as quite easy prey because of how much you post and the nature of what you post :frown:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
I may be wrong but I think you're seen as quite easy prey because of how much you post and the nature of what you post :frown:

I think it's fair to say TLG that I came to TSR because I was ill, but for the illness I would probably not be here nearly as much, most of my posts will be influenced by that

it's just really irritating and it's getting late, they know when my anxiety spikes and paranoia kicks in

have you had a good day? :hugs:
Reply 167
It really is hard, its the social anxiety combined with the depression that makes it even harder. In reality any house move won't happen until much later in the year but it has still knocked me really low to the point I've not really ate much or been out of bed

Said I'd move out and find a flat local, so I don't have to change haha, but in reality can't has only on benefits so never be able to afford it

To be honest if my brother gets good news on this job tomorrow, they may reconsider anyway as taken long enough for either of us to get anywhere job wise

Everyone finds moving hard, im not disputing that. But drs are becoming more and more aware with mental illness, and they will recieve your medical history when you move. Whats harder is moving and being diagnosed with brand new illnesses both mentally and physically as the support isnt already in place for you!
I just think you really need to think about the fact your potentially stopping your parents from living their lives over something that isnt massively important.

My parents recently put my childhood home up for sale, the one id lived in since i was about 1 year old. I was devestated, but i realised they were doing it to better their lives and i was being selfish not wanting them to move because that was my safe place and where iv only ever been truly happy and my best friend lives there... But its not up to me its my parents choice

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it's fair to say TLG that I came to TSR because I was ill, but for the illness I would probably not be here nearly as much, most of my posts will be influenced by that

it's just really irritating and it's getting late, they know when my anxiety spikes and paranoia kicks in

have you had a good day? :hugs:

I'm not condoning what they're doing at all. I think people treat you horribly on here. But you don't always help yourself by the amount of threads you post and the questions you ask others to comment on :no:

Is there anything I can do to help calm the paranoia down, whilst I'm still up? :console:

I've had a good (though unproductive) day, thanks :h: How about you? :smile:
I'm not condoning what they're doing at all. I think people treat you horribly on here. But you don't always help yourself by the amount of threads you post and the questions you ask others to comment on :no:

Is there anything I can do to help calm the paranoia down, whilst I'm still up? :console:

I've had a good (though unproductive) day, thanks :h: How about you? :smile:

it's true I'm my own worst enemy. That's why I try to save it for Reddit. I guess sometimes I am pulled into people who already have similarly warped philosophies

I don't really know just fun happy things to talk about that don't involve people being utter ****s to each other? :redface:

also unproductive :tongue: my proud moment of this weekend was the creation of the Crash Bandicoot Society :colondollar:

I don't really know just fun happy things to talk about that don't involve people being utter ****s to each other? :redface:

I can try that :biggrin: Watch the start of Love Actually, when Hugh Grant is talking about people in airports. Always gives me warm fuzzies inside :h:
think its gonna be a long night. haven't been this stressed/worried/generally unhappy in months. I don't know what to do with myself. :emo:
Everyone finds moving hard, im not disputing that. But drs are becoming more and more aware with mental illness, and they will recieve your medical history when you move. Whats harder is moving and being diagnosed with brand new illnesses both mentally and physically as the support isnt already in place for you!
I just think you really need to think about the fact your potentially stopping your parents from living their lives over something that isnt massively important.

My parents recently put my childhood home up for sale, the one id lived in since i was about 1 year old. I was devestated, but i realised they were doing it to better their lives and i was being selfish not wanting them to move because that was my safe place and where iv only ever been truly happy and my best friend lives there... But its not up to me its my parents choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitely get what you are saying , other option is to say do what you want and I will approach local benefits office or council office for housing

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the news that from 5th Januaru this year surgeries are allowed to register an out of area patient but with no obligation to provide home visits, those instead will be provided by local emergency care providers

Some surgeries have about it on their website, unfortunately mine doesn't but they don't really tend to update their website. Have an appointment with nurse in morning for blood pressure check so may mention it in conversation if anxiety doesn't get the better of me
I can try that :biggrin: Watch the start of Love Actually, when Hugh Grant is talking about people in airports. Always gives me warm fuzzies inside :h:

awww I don't have a copy at home :redface:
awww I don't have a copy at home :redface:

:eek:

This must be rectified immediately! :fuhrer:

(Though come to think of it, I'm not sure I have a copy at home either :eek3: )
:eek:

This must be rectified immediately! :fuhrer:

(Though come to think of it, I'm not sure I have a copy at home either :eek3: )

:tongue:
Reply 176
Definitely get what you are saying , other option is to say do what you want and I will approach local benefits office or council office for housing

I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the news that from 5th Januaru this year surgeries are allowed to register an out of area patient but with no obligation to provide home visits, those instead will be provided by local emergency care providers

Some surgeries have about it on their website, unfortunately mine doesn't but they don't really tend to update their website. Have an appointment with nurse in morning for blood pressure check so may mention it in conversation if anxiety doesn't get the better of me

There is a massive shortage of counsel housing and you get offered houses on a points based system and from what i can tell you will basically have no points so wont get one, my sister was quite high up the list and it took over a year to get a house...
Even me and my boyfriend couldnt get a council house and we were classed as vulnerable and in need!

Iv never heard if this and dont see hiw it can work considering Drs are already covering a massive amount of patients...

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is a massive shortage of counsel housing and you get offered houses on a points based system and from what i can tell you will basically have no points so wont get one, my sister was quite high up the list and it took over a year to get a house...
Even me and my boyfriend couldnt get a council house and we were classed as vulnerable and in need!

Iv never heard if this and dont see hiw it can work considering Drs are already covering a massive amount of patients...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've no idea either, but it definitely came in to force on 5th January with some surgeries posting it on their site. Here for example is one surgeries website on the matter:

http://www.alcesterhealthcentre.co.uk/News/6fa95b5b-4e78-475b-a91b-c7505d9b685b
Reply 178
I've no idea either, but it definitely came in to force on 5th January with some surgeries posting it on their site. Here for example is one surgeries website on the matter:

http://www.alcesterhealthcentre.co.uk/News/6fa95b5b-4e78-475b-a91b-c7505d9b685b

Nicely ignored there.

And i guess not all drs have to offer it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nicely ignored there.

And i guess not all drs have to offer it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't ignore what you said about the housing thing, read it but didn't know what to say in reply haha. Sorry

Nope, you're righ not all have to. I'll ask my surgery out of interest and see what they say anyway :smile:

Latest