The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Motorbiker
This. You have beastmode lynch there to smash it in the yard and you throw it ffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Terrible. Full credit to Butler though, took the interception really well.
Reply 401
This. Lynch easy one yard gain.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep, that's what Lynch does, he's one of the best RBs in the NFL, 1 yard is a piece of piss for him, you could even say Seahawks deserve to lose making a call like that, but hey, gutted at that, though seeing them win it last year was good nevertheless, few teams make the SB in consecutive years and even fewer win it in consecutive years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 402
Fantastic game though, its times like those last few minutes that remind me why I enjoy NFL, months of football coming down to those dramatic last few plays, its a great sport despite all its critics in this country.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mojojojo101
Terrible. Full credit to Butler though, took the interception really well.

True, he did seize the opportunity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who's mad now?
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Who's mad now?

How many points did the Patriots win by?

FOUR

Need to find that image.
Brady MVP? No clear stand-out, but it shouldn't be him.
Gronk should have spiked the trophy
Brady MVP? No clear stand-out, but it shouldn't be him.

I disagree. Someone had to make those throws. Could have given it to Gronkowski and Edelman too though.
Original post by Malevolent
How many points did the Patriots win by?

FOUR

Need to find that image.

I feel privileged to have witnessed this Superbowl. Holy moly that was intense and the finale was simply incredible.
Original post by MrDystopia

I feel privileged to have witnessed this Superbowl. Holy moly that was intense and the finale was simply incredible.

Ah yes thats what Im looking for man haha

It was unbelievable. I thought after that catch that they would lose. No way they could but somehow some way they did.
Original post by Malevolent
I disagree. Someone had to make those throws. Could have given it to Gronkowski and Edelman too though.

It's a tough one. All of his receivers made it easy for him on the TD drives. But Brady kept his composure after those earlier mistakes.
It's a tough one. All of his receivers made it easy for him on the TD drives. But Brady kept his composure after those earlier mistakes.

Agree it could have gone to any of his receivers or him. Butler though man. After that insane catch I was thinking here we go again but somehow there is a god.
Does anyone have that Sherman gif, as he sees the throw, gets excited, and then how his face turns to horror at the game-ending pick...

Here are my thoughts on the superbowl...

Congratulations to the Patriots. I thought it was an even game...and yes, both teams were the cream of the NFL crop, hands down.

Seattle made some curious decisions...really weird...Putting KJ Wright on Gronk is fine, but get him up to the line of scrimmage, and press him. FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS SACRED, DON'T GIVE GRONK A FREE RELEASE...IT DOESN'T END WELL. Make sure he doesn't get a free release. Brady was always going to go to Gronk after noticing that Wright was 7-10 yards off him, and well, you'd back Gronk to pick up the first down, more and a TD 9/10 after that...Triple teaming Gronk at the expense of leaving Edelman free, or just man-to-man was asinine.

Bevell gets too cute. You have Lynch. You have one of the best run blocking lines in Football. Run three times more if you need to...the math favors the offense every single time. You could use your DTs as TEs, and another as a fullback, with an extra tackle. Trust Lynch. Trust Wilson as a great scrambler.

Why, do you get too cute, and throw a 1 yard pass into the end-zone?!!! It's madness. LYNCH WAS AVERAGING OVER 5 YARDS A CARRY. Execution wins football games, and that's why the Patriots are SB champions, credit to them. They stepped up in the name of the AFC.

At the end, the Seahawks got really undisciplined. Rushing the victory formation was kind of bush league to be honest. I could see it, with Brady in the endzone, but after the 5 yard penalty, there was no need for Irvin to do what he did. Punching Gronk...wow...he has a death wish.

But they didn't execute at key times during the game either. The Patriots, just executed better, in all facets of the game. The late hit out of bounds, was a stupid move by ET3, and well, there was some very questionable decision making on the interception returns. I liked that Jeremy Lane wanted to fight for extra yards, but just get down... It's silly. I thought the key change after the half was that Wilson was using his legs more, and it showed...he just didn't do that in the first half, and it makes you wonder why...was it the coaching staff being too conservative to start the game?! IT'S THE SUPER BOWL. NO TIME FOR BEING CONSERVATIVE...GREATNESS AWAITS. The playcalling on the INT at the end was shocking, but at the end of the day, coach wants to trust his players to execute his plan, or to for his QB to change it if he sees something better...

I don't want to take away from the Patriots at all...it would have been hard to see them basically lose as a result of a fluke hail-mary...because they absolutely dominated the Seahawks. They executed better, they moved the chains...they got more yards...they played well.

I created this meme though...
You know what's stupid.

That's a catch by matthews but the Bryant catch at the end of the packers game was not. This game is stupid sometimes .

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a catch because the WR's knees were never down, and the ball never touched the floor. I think I have seen a play like that before...I think it was one of the college football games, and the ball was kicked into the end zone, and one of the punt team, got down there and he was able to flick it out of the end zone, to be downed at the one yard line. He like cushioned the ball against his body and flicked it out. (You can't do that in the nfl, but you can in college). I guess it's similar on the catch.

Yes he bobbled it and stuff, but there was no reciever, so he wasn't "down by contact" either. And, well, he completed the process of the catch, by the time he was contacted.
Regarding the half time show...

Lynch standing there like: "wtf am I here for then, lads?"
Man even almost 12 hours on I'm on such an emotional high.

I'm not gonna lie I was crying when Kerse made that absurd catch where the bounce seem to go Seattle's way, was thinking here we go again. First we have the Tyree catch, Manningham catch and now this.

Then suddenly the pick and those sobs turned to sobs of joy. It sort of makes up for how painful 2007 and 2011 was.

Not gonna lie I find this image absolutely hilarious :rofl:
Best Running Back in the league and Wilson throws it, someone's getting sacked today.

Best Super Bowl I've seen so far though (admittedly only the fourth).

Quick Reply

Latest