The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i have high targets which i really need to achieve (brentford column)
what i am currently achieving:
Maths- C
English- B
Triple Science- C
RE - B
Geography- B
ICT- B
French-C

my goals: An A in every GCSE, however i am not too sure on ways to improve on all my grades, which is what i am hoping this may help me with.
Thank you.
Original post by Gingerbread101
:woo: Introducing TSR's new Grow your Grades Competition!! :woo:

Linked image copyright Matt Biddulph.

I'm in. I mucked up my mocks (in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Chemistry) more than I was willing to so I've decided that I'm going to work really hard to make things right.
I want to get 4As at the end of AS so I have few limitations when it comes to picking a career.
(edited 9 years ago)
This sounds like an awesome idea :smile:
My goals are to try and achieve an A in all four of my subjects at AS :smile:
Biology and French I think will be achievable (I have always loved Biology and I am half French so that has always been a bonus :wink: )
However Chemistry and Maths will be a challenge (so far I am achieving a high B in maths but B/C's in Chem :/ )
I'm kinda confused about this whole thing but I thought I might as well enter so I'm in yr 11
subject predicted aim
eng lit B A
eng lan B A
triple bio B A
triple phy B B
triple chem B B
history A A
re A A*
Original post by kira1
Oh my !
Psychology is my weakest subject too !
I really dislike it

Ikr?! IT'S JUST APPLYING THE STUFF YOU LEARN IN THE EXAM THATS DIFFICULT. As well as learning the evaluations for all the experiments .___.
I really need to get A*/A's in my subjects and need to move my B's in law and maths to A*'s.. So how do I enter?
Hello!!! i might as well come clean now as i didn't revise for any of my mocks at all but i did alright, mostly a's and b's which i was quite happy with however i'm struggling to start revising in order to get my grades up so... this seemed like a good idea.

predicted grades
Geography-A*
phys,chem,bio-A
maths-B
English language/lit-A
media-B
business-B
r.e-A
French-C

hopefully increase all grades by one boundary??
(edited 9 years ago)
I hope I'm not too late to enter.
I'm in year 11 and my mocks weren't fantastic but they were okay:
English Lit/Lang - A
French - C
History - B
Maths - A
Music - C
R.S - D
Statistics - A
My aims are to get nothing less than a B, even in R.S, which is probably my least favourite subject. I won't lie, I didn't put as much effort into some of these as I could've and should've (´・_・`).
I'm aiming for an A* in maths and statistics though.
Oh, and I'm also aiming to pass drama. I didn't get a grade for it because we didn't do a mock and I haven't finished my coursework yet (*˘︶˘*).
Original post by smartguy32
Hello!!! i might as well come clean now as i didn't revise for any of my mocks at all but i did alright, mostly a's and b's which i was quite happy with however i'm struggling to start revising in order to get my grades up so... this seemed like a good idea.

predicted grades
Geography-A*
phys,chem,bio-A
maths-B
English language/lit-A
media-B
business-B
r.e-A
French-C

hopefully increase all grades by one boundary??

Original post by Glenis.k
I hope I'm not too late to enter.
I'm in year 11 and my mocks weren't fantastic but they were okay:
English Lit/Lang - A
French - C
History - B
Maths - A
Music - C
R.S - D
Statistics - A
My aims are to get nothing less than a B, even in R.S, which is probably my least favourite subject. I won't lie, I didn't put as much effort into some of these as I could've and should've (´・_・`).
I'm aiming for an A* in maths and statistics though.
Oh, and I'm also aiming to pass drama. I didn't get a grade for it because we didn't do a mock and I haven't finished my coursework yet (*˘︶˘*).

Not late, don't worry! Got till the 9th anyway!! Best of luck!
Reply 289
I would enter but did really bad in my mocks, anyway I'm trying my best to pick myself up from that and reach my target grade.
Original post by mobbsy91
Not late, don't worry! Got till the 9th anyway!! Best of luck!

Awesome... How do I email puddles the monkey though?
I'm aiming to be a vet so my goals are:
A* in history, maths, biology, chemistry, physics, English literature and English language
A in art, French
B in dance

how do I email puddles? :smile:
Original post by Glenis.k
Awesome... How do I email puddles the monkey though?

You can send her a PM or she'll send you one if you wait!

Puddles the Monkey
x
I have just PMed everyone! :woo:

:bl:

:banana:
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
I have just PMed everyone! :woo:

:bl:

:banana:

Hey Puddles, sorry I havent sent proof yet, my grades come in on Wednesday, hope that is okay (:
I'm really interested in this! I'm resitting year 13 as a private candidate after fluffing up my first sittingdue to extenuating circumstances (got CCD).

Aims for this year:
A in Maths (got an A at AS).
A in Chemistry (got a B at AS)
B in Biology (got a C in AS)

Didn't get the chance to do mocks since I'm not at school, but I can Pm my A2 results for verification?
Goals:

-To bump my grade in maths to an A (Re-taking C1 and C2)
-to get a B in psychology and Geography. (Currently on a C)

Is that okay?
Reply 297
Hi I really need some motivation right now:

I'm aiming for an A* in English Language IGCSE and English Literature AQA - currently at a B+/A-
Also an A* in AQA History and Edexcel Psychology and Spanish 😖
I need help passing my as levels.
Hoping for for:
Chemistry: A
Maths: A
Economics: A
Biology: A/B
YAY!!
I've only just discovered this thread, but I think entering would act as a very good motivation for me. Especially since my GCSEs are like this close :eek4:
Okay then, here are my goals:
Maths A*
English (both lang and lit) = A*
Science = A*
Business Studies = A*
History= A*
Humanties = A/B
French= A

I really hope I get the grades I want :crossedf:

Latest

Trending

Trending