The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

عن البراء بن عازب رضى الله عنهما قال‏:‏ كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم ِإذا أوى إلى فراشه نام على شقه الأيمن، ثم قال‏:‏ ‏"‏ اللهم أسلمت نفسي إليك، ووجهت وجهي إليك، وفوضت أمري إليك، وألجأت ظهري إليك، رغبة ورهبة إليك، لا ملجأ ولا منجى منك إلا إليك‏.‏ آمنت بكتابك الذي أنزلت ‏.‏ ونبيك الذي أرسلت‏"‏‏.

Al-Bara' bin 'Azib (May Allah be pleased with them) reported:
Whenever Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) went to bed, he would lie down on his right side and recite: "Allahumma aslamtu nafsi ilaika, wa wajjahtu wajhi ilaika, wa fawwadtu amri ilaika, wa 'alja'tu zahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika, la malja'a wa la manja illa ilaika. Amantu bikitabikal-ladhi anzalta, wa nabiyyikal-ladhi arsalta
[O Allah! I have submitted myself to You, I have turned my face to You, committed my affairs to You, and depend on You for protection out of desire for You and out of fear of You (expecting Your reward and fearing Your punishment). There is no refuge and no place of safety from You but with You. I believed in the Book You have revealed, and in the Prophet You have sent (i.e., Muhammad (ﷺ)).]"

[Al-Bukhari].
^ Ameen
Family tree of Muhammad pbuh
''The relationship between the prophets under the lineage of Abraham's two sons Ishmael and Isaac''

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Incredible97

LOL!

Lol. Found this a bit more amusing then I should've.
[video="youtube;u2xSZMDAx8E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xSZMDAx8E[/video]
[video="youtube;AtmEChkqBSY"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtmEChkqBSY[/video]
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
[video="youtube;u2xSZMDAx8E"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2xSZMDAx8E[/video]

Great response Alhamdulillah. I was also thinking, is it possible to feel positive emotions in the total absence of negative emotions? Isn't it all relative?

Those weird plankton that live their entire lives in the depths of the ocean probably don't even realise what water is, because they don't know anything else. I don't know if that is a good way to explain it haha. I think what I'm trying to say is; if there was no negativity in the world, you would not have any 'good' to appreciate, as there wouldn't be a point of reference.

For example, Surat Ash-Sharh (94:5 and 94:6)

For indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

Indeed, with hardship [will be] ease.

Any thoughts? :smile:
[video="youtube;mmfLIfxuKpU"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmfLIfxuKpU[/video]
How merciful is He: On the authority of son of Abbas (may Allah be pleased with them both), from the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ), among the sayings he related from his Lord (glorified and exalted be He) is that He said:Allah has written down the good deeds and the bad ones. Then He explained it [by saying that] he who has intended a good deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as from ten good deeds to seven hundred times, or many times over. But if he has intended a bad deed and has not done it, Allah writes it down with Himself as a full good deed, but if he has intended it and has done it, Allah writes it down as one bad deed. It was related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection: Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade. It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik)
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:
If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him. He (the Prophet pbuh) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet pbuh) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him. So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him. He (the Prophet pbuh) said: So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi)
Original post by ImNotMe
Great response Alhamdulillah. I was also thinking, is it possible to feel positive emotions in the total absence of negative emotions? Isn't it all relative?

Those weird plankton that live their entire lives in the depths of the ocean probably don't even realise what water is, because they don't know anything else. I don't know if that is a good way to explain it haha. I think what I'm trying to say is; if there was no negativity in the world, you would not have any 'good' to appreciate, as there wouldn't be a point of reference.

I think that's quite a good answer and one of the few things that we probably agree on. You need opposites to be able to experience anything in particular :smile:
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I think that's quite a good answer and one of the few things that we probably agree on. You need opposites to be able to experience anything in particular :smile:

cHekm8 AthiEst5 :cool:
Original post by ImNotMe

I think what your saying is that you need an opposite to understand it. So you need evil to understand what good is and vice versa?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
I think what your saying is that you need an opposite to understand it. So you need evil to understand what good is and vice versa?

Pretty much. :wink:

I think even then it's all a bit subjective outside of Objective morality. One person's evil is can be another person's good...and vice versa.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
If Allah has loved a servant [of His] He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: I love So-and-so, therefore love him. He (the Prophet pbuh) said: So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him. And the inhabitants of heaven love him. He (the Prophet pbuh) said: Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him. So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him. He (the Prophet pbuh) said: So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth. It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi)

I love this! I always remind myself this :yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
"It is possible to fall into injustice even as you fight against injustice"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lezIO8yg2r4
AsalaamAlikum wa rahmatallahi wa barakhatuh

Help please! Does anyone know where i can find Incredible 97? i need to ask her something really important.
Original post by Amazing!!
AsalaamAlikum wa rahmatallahi wa barakhatuh

Help please! Does anyone know where i can find Incredible 97? i need to ask her something really important.

Wswrwb

Pm her inshallah. She was online last night so I'm sure she's available soon and will get back to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GeorgeAndLennie
Wswrwb

Pm her inshallah. She was online last night so I'm sure she's available soon and will get back to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok i will send her a private message now.
Thanks a lot.

Latest

Trending

Trending