The Student Room Group

CAS

I was wondering if teaching my mom a language I've learned considered a service for cas?
Nah, I don´t think it counts if it´s your mum that you´re teaching, but some of my classmates get CAS for teaching each other languages. Ask you CAS coordinator though.
Reply 2
Original post by Hyuk_D
I was wondering if teaching my mom a language I've learned considered a service for cas?

Whos going to be your supervisor? If its your mom then it probably won't count. My school doesn't allow us to use family members as supervisors for any of our CAS activites - I'm not sure if this a school based rule or if its a rule initiated by the IBO.

But as always, ask your cas coordinator - he/she is the only person that can give you the correct answer to your CAS related questions as each of our schools have different CAS rules and regulations!
Original post by pbunny
Whos going to be your supervisor? If its your mom then it probably won't count. My school doesn't allow us to use family members as supervisors for any of our CAS activites - I'm not sure if this a school based rule or if its a rule initiated by the IBO.

But as always, ask your cas coordinator - he/she is the only person that can give you the correct answer to your CAS related questions as each of our schools have different CAS rules and regulations!

It's an IB rule.
IB supervisor? We don´t need those. I mean, we do need some sort of evidence (e.g. training schedule), but we don´t always need to have someone observing our activities.
Original post by Rikke1996
IB supervisor? We don´t need those. I mean, we do need some sort of evidence (e.g. training schedule), but we don´t always need to have someone observing our activities.

you will need a supervisor for each CAS activity and they shall sign your CAS form when it's completed. It can however, be an external supervisor, say, someone else's father (who plays tennis) when you are teaching some kids tennis for CAS hours. After you get the supervisor's signature all you need is some photos as "evidence" (in different clothing and lighting, for any reason you might have) and some write-up of self-reflection and personal growth crap/cliche.
Original post by sweatypig
you will need a supervisor for each CAS activity and they shall sign your CAS form when it's completed. It can however, be an external supervisor, say, someone else's father (who plays tennis) when you are teaching some kids tennis for CAS hours. After you get the supervisor's signature all you need is some photos as "evidence" (in different clothing and lighting, for any reason you might have) and some write-up of self-reflection and personal growth crap/cliche.

Nope, I´m an IB senior and I know that that´s not the way we do it at my school. My CAS is due in two weeks and I´ll have signatures on some self evaluations and pictures and/or training schedules on others.
Original post by Rikke1996
Nope, I´m an IB senior and I know that that´s not the way we do it at my school. My CAS is due in two weeks and I´ll have signatures on some self evaluations and pictures and/or training schedules on others.

and I am an IB graduate. Maybe it operates in different fashion at your school but I assume many other schools prefer otherwise.
Reply 8
Okay, since its an IB rule look for another CAS project, your coordinator definitely won't approve this one.
Original post by sweatypig
and I am an IB graduate. Maybe it operates in different fashion at your school but I assume many other schools prefer otherwise.

Fair enough, I know little on how it functions at other schools in other countries. That just underlines the importance of always asking the IB coordinator - they aren´t all the same.
and highlights the inequality as well
:sigh:
Reply 11
Original post by LeviosaNight
and highlights the inequality as well
:sigh:

This! Its so unfair how some schools allow their students to count going to the gym/working out at home as CAS - if I was allowed to do that I would have been done with action ages ago! :mad:
Original post by pbunny
This! Its so unfair how some schools allow their students to count going to the gym/working out at home as CAS - if I was allowed to do that I would have been done with action ages ago! :mad:

I know! Even within our school there are massive differences between CAS advisers and their requirements

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending