The Student Room Group

BIMM Manchester Accommodation 2015!!

Hey guys!
Anyone else here thinking they'll be starting BIMM Manchester in September 2015?:smile:
I'm hoping to start the Music Business course, and was just looking at accommodation and wondered where is everybody looking for their accommodation?
I have heard mixed reviews about a lot of places and some are pricey so would value anyones advice!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gabbyfabrizio
Hey guys!
Anyone else here thinking they'll be starting BIMM Manchester in September 2015?:smile:
I'm hoping to start the Music Business course, and was just looking at accommodation and wondered where is everybody looking for their accommodation?
I have heard mixed reviews about a lot of places and some are pricey so would value anyones advice!

Hey :smile:
I've applied for music business and music events and hoping to get an offer.
I've read some bad reviews about the student village but when I went up for the open day a lot of the students from bimm were staying there and it's the cheapest accommodation I can find, everywhere else is so expensive so I think I'll be staying there if I get an offer :smile:
Original post by georgiapedleyx
I've applied for music business and music events and hoping to get an offer.
I've read some bad reviews about the student village but when I went up for the open day a lot of the students from bimm were staying there and it's the cheapest accommodation I can find, everywhere else is so expensive so I think I'll be staying there if I get an offer :smile:

aw great! I hope we both get an offer!
Yeah, I read some bad reviews about the student village, was hoping to try and get a visit there at some point! I did like the look of Student Castle but that's so pricey compared to the student village. :smile:
Will have to let me know if you get an offer, would be ace if we were on the same course!
Yeah, I read some bad reviews about the student village, was hoping to try and get a visit there at some point! I did like the look of Student Castle but that's so pricey compared to the student village. :smile:
Will have to let me know if you get an offer, would be ace if we were on the same course!

Yeah student castle was so expensive! I'll be visiting Manchester in June so if I do get an offer I'll definitely book a viewing for student village then :smile:
Yeah definitely, hopefully I'll get an offer for both courses, just torn which one I'd go for! If you get your offer let me know! :smile:

Got my offers this morning for Music Business and Music Events Management! just got to make up my mind which one i want to do now!! :smile:
Reply 5
Hey guys I've got an offer for the songwriting degree. I'm moving over from Ireland. Anyone able to give me a few pointers with accommodation? Thanks
Got my offers this morning for Music Business and Music Events Management! just got to make up my mind which one i want to do now!! :smile:

Well done!!! They both look like excellent courses! Such a hard choice! What you thinking on doing?:smile:
Original post by Pfox561
Hey guys I've got an offer for the songwriting degree. I'm moving over from Ireland. Anyone able to give me a few pointers with accommodation? Thanks

Hey! Well done, that sounds great!
Yeah, I've done a bit of looking and the few that stand out to me are student castle (this looks really nice but is really quite pricey), parkway gate and new medlock house. There's also the student village, which although has quite a lot of negative reviews online, I have heard that quite a few people like it there!
Reply 8
Hey! Well done, that sounds great!
Yeah, I've done a bit of looking and the few that stand out to me are student castle (this looks really nice but is really quite pricey), parkway gate and new medlock house. There's also the student village, which although has quite a lot of negative reviews online, I have heard that quite a few people like it there!

Hey thanks for that. How do I go about applying? Are there any upfront fees? And is the rent due before student loans come in like in student village? Thanks
I'm doing Professional Musicianship- Guitar and I'm off to Manchester in a couple of weeks to take a look around the accommodation :smile: Student Village looks ideal as lots of BIMM students go there and it's so cheap!
I'm also talking a look at parkway gate and new Medlock house :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dillonski
I'm doing Professional Musicianship- Guitar and I'm off to Manchester in a couple of weeks to take a look around the accommodation :smile: Student Village looks ideal as lots of BIMM students go there and it's so cheap!
I'm also talking a look at parkway gate and new Medlock house :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

let us know what they're all like :smile:
i did want to stay at student village at first but im not so sure anymore, i think im going to stay at parkway gate but im up in manchester in june so i'll book some viewings for then :smile:
Yeah I'll let you all know! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
let us know what they're all like :smile:
i did want to stay at student village at first but im not so sure anymore, i think im going to stay at parkway gate but im up in manchester in june so i'll book some viewings for then :smile:

Yeah! Parkway gate does look good, I have a viewing there for March so will let you all know!!
Yeah! Parkway gate does look good, I have a viewing there for March so will let you all know!!

Okay great!! :smile:
Reply 14
Hey! I've got offers for Songwriting and Music Production :smile: and I'm going round Manchester tomorrow to look for accommodation. Grafton street looks quite nice and I'm also looking round Chandos Halls. Places seem to be booking up quite quickly!
I've got an offer for Songwriting so I'll be there in September, same story as you guys though, not sure where to stay!
Rather stay with people that are going to BIMM than people going to Manchester Met or Uni of Manc though..
Original post by BurnellSam
I've got an offer for Songwriting so I'll be there in September, same story as you guys though, not sure where to stay!
Rather stay with people that are going to BIMM than people going to Manchester Met or Uni of Manc though..

Me and another girl, Elle that I have been speaking to who is also going to bimm in September have been looking at getting a flat for 4 in the student village :smile: they give you £100 off rent when you book a flat of 4 people and it's literally a 2 minute walk away from bimm so most bimm students stay there :smile:
What type of rooms are you looking at booking? I know MSV do loads of different rooms :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, got my offer for professional musicianship at BIMM Manchester, need help with different types of accommodation, please help!!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, I've accepted my place for Music Business at Bimm Manchester and I'm wondering if anyone's thinking of staying at Parkway Gate? Tried New Medlock but got the 'Sorry, you missed out' page when I tried to book :frown:
I've just heard that Parkway isn't too social so I'm not sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending