The Student Room Group

"Do you want to go out?"

Do girls dislike it when guys say this? Because I know it's associated with being a childish way of I guess asking someone to a date or to be in a relationship.
You're overthinking it.
If someone asked me that, and I really liked them, then I wouldn't mind at all. In fact, I'd probably appreciate them for being so upfront about it. I'm sure it'll vary from person to person, though.
Reply 3
Don't overthink it. Simple is best.
It's fine in terms of a date, but in my opinion it's better to be more direct with it. "Do you want to go for a coffee/drink/dinner?". Just "Do you want to go out?" Is a bit vague.
Original post by xOHarriet
It's fine in terms of a date, but in my opinion it's better to be more direct with it. "Do you want to go for a coffee/drink/dinner?". Just "Do you want to go out?" Is a bit vague.

Yes! Being more direct is good. However what you propose to say is fine.

But after you get a yes you need to push that forward immediately.

"Do you want to come out with me some time?"

"Yes, that would be really nice :smile:"

"What are you doing Thursday evening? We could go to x"

Little tip here fella. Two places in one night. (Not the cinema....get that idea out of your head for a while"

For instance near me is like an entertainment complex. It had a cinema, a couple of restaurants, an arcade, some pool tables and a bowling alley.

So I might start of playing pool with her

(Little joke you can pop in for free. If she hits your ball, "Don't worry, I don't mind you playing with my balls" and have a cheeky grin on your face while you say it)

Then move over to the arcade after 3/4 games.

You want to go from low energy to high energy. The reason for two places is you create two sets of memories from two different environments. This in turn creates a deeper connection with her as its like two dates in one. :smile:
Original post by RussMack
Post appreciation comment as much as anything here!

I'd say whatever comes into your mind when you think about saying it just go with it and say it quick before you get the chance to back out and overthink it yet again

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a good point that I didn't even think about. My thought process is that you need to keep pushing forward and escalating. But thats another good reason for getting a date quickly.

I don't think the location is the most important thing, it's more likely whether she's open to going *anywhere* with him in the first place :lol: - your reaction is rather like expecting a man to specify the location of a wedding when proposing
As much as I love Iron Maiden can we please keep it on topic and sensible, thanks.
Original post by zippity.doodah
I don't think the location is the most important thing, it's more likely whether she's open to going *anywhere* with him in the first place :lol: - your reaction is rather like expecting a man to specify the location of a wedding when proposing

Sorry, but that's a terrible analogy. As a girl, I can vouch that it's far more attractive when a guy specifies a place to go on a date as it shows he can make plans and has put some thought into asking you out. Nothing worse than:
"Hey, want to go out sometimes?"
"Yeah, okay. Where?"
"I dunno. You choose."
"Do you want to go out?"

"Yes, I want to go out but on my own."
Reply 11
Original post by zippity.doodah

I don't think that's fair tbh. Specifying something to do rather than just "out" seems more natural to me.
Three words,
"I want you"
You're welcome
Original post by Anonymous
Do girls dislike it when guys say this? Because I know it's associated with being a childish way of I guess asking someone to a date or to be in a relationship.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it but if you're gonna ask a girl on a date somewhere I'd use: 'do you want to go out for dinner/for a drink/to see a movie sometime?' and if you're asking to be in a relationship then 'do you want to make it official?' seems to be the done thing these days. Or at least that's how my ex asked me.
Sorry, but that's a terrible analogy. As a girl, I can vouch that it's far more attractive when a guy specifies a place to go on a date as it shows he can make plans and has put some thought into asking you out. Nothing worse than:
"Hey, want to go out sometimes?"
"Yeah, okay. Where?"
"I dunno. You choose."

it just seems like something sheldon cooper (or someone who doesn't understand social situations) would say back to "do you wanna go out"; clearly, the plan will be made, but insisting they make that plan then and there on the spot when there may be a insignificant chance of her even saying yes just seems crazy - what if he doesn't know what kind of place she likes? what if he doesn't know when she's free? etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending