The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

so went to sleep at 7:30, woke up at 8:50... have GP appointment at 9:10 so raced there. GP was really nice today :erm: so hit and miss. im super relieved cause was genuinely dreading it all weekend. shes given me more mirtazapine and sleeping tablets. and she noticed that my skin was really bad (didn't have time for makeup) so shes given me stuff for that. feel so relieved, honestly. also managed to do my report which im proud of myself for. isn't great cause I was pretty ill but the main thing is ive done it without extension. feel exhausted and ill and its annoying that have a lecture 12-1 and 5-6. but I feel like some of the stress is off now so pretty happy about that.
Sorry to see so many people up last night :eek: :grouphugs:

Thought I was getting one last night, and now pretty sure I do have a cold :frown: Hope it isn't too bad :s-smilie: *sigh* Just tired and bleh now :/

Hope everyone's okay
Original post by ScaryScience
so went to sleep at 7:30, woke up at 8:50... have GP appointment at 9:10 so raced there. GP was really nice today :erm: so hit and miss. im super relieved cause was genuinely dreading it all weekend. shes given me more mirtazapine and sleeping tablets. and she noticed that my skin was really bad (didn't have time for makeup) so shes given me stuff for that. feel so relieved, honestly. also managed to do my report which im proud of myself for. isn't great cause I was pretty ill but the main thing is ive done it without extension. feel exhausted and ill and its annoying that have a lecture 12-1 and 5-6. but I feel like some of the stress is off now so pretty happy about that.

Glad some things have gone ok for you. :smile: Well done on getting that report done too!
Original post by superwolf
Glad some things have gone ok for you. :smile: Well done on getting that report done too!

thanks! how are you? :hugs:
thanks! how are you? :hugs:

I'm good thanks - got a house inspection in an hour though, hoping it's the 'don't give a crap' person and not the really judgemental one we had before. :afraid: :tongue:
I'm good thanks - got a house inspection in an hour though, hoping it's the 'don't give a crap' person and not the really judgemental one we had before. :afraid: :tongue:

ah okay, good luck with it. :smile: I remember last year when I was moving out, our cleaner had to inspect the room. by mum went all out and we took ages to make it spotless. the guy didn't even properly come into the room and said it was fine. we felt a bit cheated that we'd put so much work into it, ha. hope yours is nice :hugs:
Job interview was alrightish! The guy doing it was more nervous than me :tongue: Made a bit of a fool out of myself and it was one of those moments where words wouldn't stop coming out of my mouth. He asked me if I was a brand what would I be and I panicked and Starbucks because I'm everywhere I need to be, high energy (caffeine :sexface:) and can adapt myself to suit a new situation i.e hot drink or frappuccino :facepalm: All 3 are also massive lies :ninja:

Food

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous #2
Job interview was alrightish! The guy doing it was more nervous than me :tongue: Made a bit of a fool out of myself and it was one of those moments where words wouldn't stop coming out of my mouth. He asked me if I was a brand what would I be and I panicked and Starbucks because I'm everywhere I need to be, high energy (caffeine :sexface:) and can adapt myself to suit a new situation i.e hot drink or frappuccino :facepalm: All 3 are also massive lies :ninja:

Food

Spoiler

Glad it went ok. :smile:
*tickles the valvopus's tentacles to try and cheer her up*

Also have a supervision tonight that I completely forgot about so haven't done any work for. So looking forward to tomorrow. Should be a massive improvement on today at least.

Glad GP was better today :smile: and well done for report!! :eek: :woo: That's really good :smile: Glad you're less stressed now - the only redeeming thing about deadlines is that once they're over they're over :colondollar: Sort of :s-smilie:

Original post by Anonymous #2

Food

Spoiler

Well done! :eek: :smile:

Spoiler

------------------------------

How can I spend so long just doing *nothing* :/ Off to campus now, I think, hopefully can get something done :s-smilie:

Super proud of you for having done it hun :lovehug:
Hi everyone, I've been on 10mg citalopram for 3 weeks now - side effects haven't been too bad (although I keep waking up stupidly early which is annoying) but over the past week or so I've noticed I've gone from being actively upset about things to being completely numb and empty most of the time, with slight wobbles here and there where I do get upset. I don't feel anything most of the time - happy or sad. I feel like I could lose a limb and I wouldn't even react, I'm just like a zombie to everything. I was wondering if this was a side effect of the medication, or just another stage of depression? Having no feelings often sounded appealing, but I still have no motivation or energy so it hasn't really made any difference overall.

That's really positive well done :smile:
I meant to add, I'm going back to the doctor next week, would increasing the dosage help get rid of this numbness or make it worse?
Gonna try and book an appointment with my GP for today so nervous
Original post by Pathway
Gonna try and book an appointment with my GP for today so nervous

You can do it :hugs:
Original post by Noodlzzz
You can do it :hugs:

Thank you :hugs:

Just hoping they can book me in for today or I might chicken out
Original post by Pathway
Thank you :hugs:

Just hoping they can book me in for today or I might chicken out

Is this your first visit for MH issues?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Is this your first visit for MH issues?

No, going to be asking about a second opinion. My CMHT assessor basically sent me back to my GP saying it was only anxiety.

Just nervous she will agree? I dunno :frown:
Original post by purple-duck
Glad GP was better today :smile: and well done for report!! :eek: :woo: That's really good :smile: Glad you're less stressed now - the only redeeming thing about deadlines is that once they're over they're over :colondollar: Sort of :s-smilie:

Well done! :eek: :smile:

Spoiler

------------------------------

How can I spend so long just doing *nothing* :/ Off to campus now, I think, hopefully can get something done :s-smilie:

Thank you. Yes, its a weight off my mind now thankfully. They got back to me about accommodation too, basically just told me it was my fault because I didn't get anyone to contact them :/ but that's ridiculous cause it didn't state that you *had* to, and it was only open for 5 days, so hard to get evidence in that time :/ meh. anyway, hope youre okay, and you manage to get stuff done. :hugs:

Latest