The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Mmm 64 points which will probably be average.

Shame I had Fabianski on the bench who got 9 points and Clyne got sent off.

Capped off an embarrassing week for me, barely past 40 points.
Hurts when it could've turned out amazing had I not bottled out of my transfers and captaincy like a little bitch.

Did my 2 FT changes to bring in Sturridge after the Liverpool game so now with Bertrand suspended, nothing I can do.

Probably gonna wildcard after the GW coming up - there's a lot of little changes I'd like to do, especially in defence.
Sturridge, Aguero and Kane up front seems like the best pick right now.
With Liverpools upcoming fixtures I'm currently more tempted to do 5.5 mid to sterling than giroud to sturridge. Hmm decisions.
Original post by ..DT..
With Liverpools upcoming fixtures I'm currently more tempted to do 5.5 mid to sterling than giroud to sturridge. Hmm decisions.

Yeah the mids this year are proving to be better value than strikers hence why alot go 3-5-2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ..DT..

Yea I was going to bring Sturridge in but it's not the greatest set of fixtures..
Sturridge is complete big game player. How many big games has he started and scored in?
Original post by jam277
Sturridge is complete big game player. How many big games has he started and scored in?

http://www.lfchistory.net/Players/Player/GoalsPerCompetition/1207-12
Original post by ..DT..

sterling is a pretty consistent influence, however i would say that you're best off having either sterling or sturridge, not both.
coutinho is a decent option for assists but his finishing is poor so i wouldn't count on him scoring many goals.

Original post by Zerforax
Yea I was going to bring Sturridge in but it's not the greatest set of fixtures..

Original post by jam277

we don't have great fixtures but jam is right.
sturridge will want to get back and show people what the league has been missing.
not to mention we're in our best form of the season.

would you be surprised if he got a brace against everton?
i wouldn't be.
Original post by Lúcio
sterling is a pretty consistent influence, however i would say that you're best off having either sterling or sturridge, not both.
coutinho is a decent option for assists but his finishing is poor so i wouldn't count on him scoring many goals.

we don't have great fixtures but jam is right.
sturridge will want to get back and show people what the league has been missing.
not to mention we're in our best form of the season.

would you be surprised if he got a brace against everton?
i wouldn't be.

I wouldn't be surprised if he only plays 20-30 mins against Everton.
I wouldn't be surprised if he only plays 20-30 mins against Everton.

it will entirely depend on whether he is needed against bolton and whether or not we're raping Everton during the match.

i'd play him towards the end of the bolton match and start him against everton and spurs (bringing him off early if we're comfortable).
Original post by sr90
He's fixture proof

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea I can't decide. Playing my wildcard this week so going to play around with it.
Cuadrado to be 8.5M. Maybe a bit too expensive.
Original post by fallen_acorns
kane comes from the arsenal academy.. got rejected.. will have a point to prove

I love the whole point to prove cliche

The guy is playing out of his skin. it's not like he's been chilling it to the max and is going to wake up on saturday and tell himself to pull his socks up.
Yea I can't decide. Playing my wildcard this week so going to play around with it.

yeah, i wildcarded too - there was nothing majorly wrong with my side but the deadline for it was coming up and there were 4 or 5 "minor" changes i wanted to make.
i've decided to start having 2 first team keepers now so i can swap one out if he has a terrible fixture.
my team is worth well over 105.2m now so the extra bit of money gives me scope to mess around a little.

he's just being cautious.
sturridge always hits the ground running coming back from injury - rodgers is making it seem like it'll be a while before sturridge starts games but with out tough fixture list coming up, i don't see him being kept out for much longer.

not to mention sturridge is similar to aguero with how he can only play 20 minutes in a match and still get a goal (or two).

Original post by Mister Dead
I love the whole point to prove cliche

The guy is playing out of his skin. it's not like he's been chilling it to the max and is going to wake up on saturday and tell himself to pull his socks up.

the sad thing is that i want both spurs and arsenal to get absolutely battered :/
spurs have been pissing me off with luck/late goals but in fairness they have upped the game from last season.
arsenal are just arsenal; always hilarious to see the fan meltdown when they lose.

wenger won 5-0; best manager in the league.
wenger loses to spurs; get the old man out.
It's hard to see Cuadrado being anything but a source of immense frustration. He may well have a lot to offer but Willian and Oscar (I figure these are the two could make way) are well established and even if Cuadrado gets regular time Mour will surely stick with tried and tested in half the games at least.
Original post by Mister Dead
It's hard to see Cuadrado being anything but a source of immense frustration. He may well have a lot to offer but Willian and Oscar (I figure these are the two could make way) are well established and even if Cuadrado gets regular time Mour will surely stick with tried and tested in half the games at least.

He's a rubbish pick at that price with all the value in players around him. If he hits the ground running it's only feasible after three games tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Used my free transfer this week swapping Bertrand for Clyne. They have decent fixtures over the next 3 weeks so I don't really want to leave him on the bench.

Touch wood, aguero with stick 10 past hull this weekend and it won't matter who else I play where anyway.
Who's team to copy.. :colondollar:
Original post by ..DT..
Used my free transfer this week swapping Bertrand for Clyne. They have decent fixtures over the next 3 weeks so I don't really want to leave him on the bench.

Touch wood, aguero with stick 10 past hull this weekend and it won't matter who else I play where anyway.

I used my wildcard but did the same with the Soton defenders.

As for aguero, against a very poor team like Hull he's the obvious captain choice.
Sturridge is unlikely to get a full game and the Merseyside derby is always unpredictable (see: jagielkaaaa...)
Kane could well destroy arsenal, but equally could be completely nullified.

Quick Reply

Latest