The Student Room Group

Fashion Journalism CSM and LCF 2015 apllicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abRochyy
Congrats! What time was your interview today? Was it a skype interview because you posted quite early. What kind of questions did they ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! It was at 10am and it was face to face. They mainly asked about why I chose the university and why that specific course and they mainly asked you things based of your personal statement so definitely read through it a few times before going in. Good luck to you for the future! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 221
Original post by Anishask
Thank you! They mainly just asked my why I chose CSM and not LCF and why that course. They also really wanted to know what spectrum of fashion I was interested in and stuff and how my current skill set would help me with the course. She didn't say what type of person CSM wanted but she did say they were looking for specific types who didn't just blab on about fashion, I think they wanted more artsy creative people as she said "it may be a fashion journalism course but we don't want to see just fashion" I was quite confused actually hahaa but it went well and I got a place at LCF instead so I'm glad. Hope this helped, let me know how it goes for you and good luck! Oh side note I'm 17 so that may have also been another reason why she thought LCF was a better fit cause she did say it'll help me further develop my writing skills and stuff. xx
Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations!! What did you answer about what part of fashion you're most interested in? :smile: was it a long interview?
Reply 222
Anyone else heard about their interview dates? I'm getting so worried having not heard anything!!
Hey! I just found this website but I've also applied for Fashion journalism and I'm nervous about the process! Is anyone the same?
Original post by Amelia0011
Hey! I just found this website but I've also applied for Fashion journalism and I'm nervous about the process! Is anyone the same?

What unis have you applied to? And have you submitted any written pieces ?
Original post by Amelia0011
I applied to Lcf, Csm, Uca, London met and Southampton Solent! Yeah I have! What about you?

I just applied to 3 universities London Met, LCF and CSM.. We have all been discussing about our 800 word articles for CSM what did you write about? I wrote a piece about androgyny and also submitted a 200 word article to London Met regarding a local event.. No news so far lol
Original post by pinkylicious
I just applied to 3 universities London Met, LCF and CSM.. We have all been discussing about our 800 word articles for CSM what did you write about? I wrote a piece about androgyny and also submitted a 200 word article to London Met regarding a local event.. No news so far lol

Ohh ok cool! Yeah I wrote about fashion ageing and stuff but i don't know now! Yeah I wrote about the local event too and I think I did that better! It's so scary tho! I haven't heard and it seems a couple people have so now I'm getting nervous!
Refreshing my inbox every 30 minutes is becoming an unhealthy obsession of mine
Reply 228
Original post by withlove
Refreshing my inbox every 30 minutes is becoming an unhealthy obsession of mine

agreed.
Original post by lccy
agreed.

Haha me too!! But I try going on ucas track just to double check lol! I had a dream about getting an offer yesterday!😂😂
Haha me too!! But I try going on ucas track just to double check lol! I had a dream about getting an offer yesterday!������������

haha me tooooo!None of you have heard about lcf yet right?:s-smilie:
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
haha me tooooo!None of you have heard about lcf yet right?:s-smilie:
ugh noooo :frown:
ugh noooo :frown:

Do you know when the LCF interviews start? I heard it was the last week on February onwards but Im not sure lol?!?
Mutual feelings to the guys who haven't received replies, we can get through this!

Just a thought, my predicted grades don't add up to the amount of UCAS points required for LCF. I was just wondering if they wouldn't/would consider my application and maybe the reason why I haven't received an interview (pessimistic view but I'm starting to believe it)
Original post by lozzaxharris
Mutual feelings to the guys who haven't received replies, we can get through this!

Just a thought, my predicted grades don't add up to the amount of UCAS points required for LCF. I was just wondering if they wouldn't/would consider my application and maybe the reason why I haven't received an interview (pessimistic view but I'm starting to believe it)

Predicted grades aren't the grades your gonna get, so if you work hard you can achieve them! I don't think tye worry much about that. I think they go more on your personal statement and who you are because letters can't really decide why sort of a person you are! Just my opinion tbh!! Lol
Reply 235
Original post by lozzaxharris

I can't say for LCF... but I've applied for East London and they gave me a conditional offer that is for different grades to what I am predicted, so uni's do still make offers even if your predicted grades don't quite match up.
Has anyone else been offered a place at uca??
Original post by collettebeckett
Has anyone else been offered a place at uca??

I got the offer the day after the interview ������������
me too! my uca interview was so weird, it was meant to be a big group but it was just me and one other person so we got to have one on one interviews which i think i prefer. nothing still from lcf but interviews start 23rd of feb.
Original post by kjasmine
me too! my uca interview was so weird, it was meant to be a big group but it was just me and one other person so we got to have one on one interviews which i think i prefer. nothing still from lcf but interviews start 23rd of feb.

There was about 10 of us at ours but all the interviews were done in private and one on one which I think was better however was given a chance to speak to the other girls there while people were getting interviewed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending