The Student Room Group

Exeter medical school applicants 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ea1997
My offer is for cardiff, do you have any offers?

p.s. I should add that last year she had 3 interviews and 4 rejections so has been on the steepest learning curve of her life...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr Gin
p.s. I should add that last year she had 3 interviews and 4 rejections so has been on the steepest learning curve of her life...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've gone in reverse :tongue:

Seems like I can only do MMI...so far I have 3/3 offers for MMI and 0/2 for panel style :/ doesn't bode well for Liverpool next week!!

Congrats to your daughter, that's really something to be proud of :smile:
Man got offer still. Shout out to all the mandem who got one and those waiting too

Peace

And keep it 1hunna

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dr. Django
I think I've gone in reverse :tongue:

Seems like I can only do MMI...so far I have 3/3 offers for MMI and 0/2 for panel style :/ doesn't bode well for Liverpool next week!!

Congrats to your daughter, that's really something to be proud of :smile:

Thanks Django! She's the same but opposite: she got 0/3 from MMI and 2/2 from panel! Good luck for Liverpool :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Dr Gin
Thanks Django! She's the same but opposite: she got 0/3 from MMI and 2/2 from panel! Good luck for Liverpool :smile:

Its crazy how we can be so suited to certain types of interviews compared to others! Thanks, hopefully I can buck my trend of poor panel performance :smile:
All those left to hear post-interview, could today finally be the day when we hear something...?

Here's hoping...
All those left to hear post-interview, could today finally be the day when we hear something...?

Here's hoping...

Fingers crossed that there might be a few offers still lurking. There must be a reason why they are being so slow with the last few decisions; if they weren't interested you'd have thought they'd have told you by now…
Best of luck to everyone still waiting :smile:
Reply 1667
Just phoned medical admissions up and they said they're still in the process of sending decisions out, so to keep an eye on our inboxes!
Original post by *mimi*
Just phoned medical admissions up and they said they're still in the process of sending decisions out, so to keep an eye on our inboxes!

Thanks so much for clarifying :smile: I'm still not particularly optimistic but at least we know they haven't forgotten us :tongue:
Reply 1669
Just received an offer on track!!!
Reply 1670
Good luck to all those still waiting to hear!
Original post by *mimi*

Congrats :smile: that's awesome!! What time did it come through?

Can't believe there are actually still a few offers left...here's hoping I can sneak one :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
The worst thing is a now have hope for the first time since last Wednesday :tongue: if I'm honest I thought it was just gonna be rejections after that. I was wrong!
Reply 1673
Congrats :smile: that's awesome!! What time did it come through?

Can't believe there are actually still a few offers left...here's hoping I can sneak one :s-smilie:

Thank you! It came through on track at 16:50. No email from Exeter.. Got an email from UCAS saying something had changed on my track but that took at least 30 minutes or more to come through!

Fingers crossed! Good luck - there's hope yet!
Original post by *mimi*

Congratulations! What a relief :smile:

The worst thing is a now have hope for the first time since last Wednesday :tongue: if I'm honest I thought it was just gonna be rejections after that. I was wrong!

Fingers are still firmly crossed here...:smile:
Reply 1675
They really ought to just do it in one hit. This keeping everyone hanging about is rubbish. It isn't like we aren't used to life altering news on one day see A levels..
Original post by Troyca
They really ought to just do it in one hit. This keeping everyone hanging about is rubbish. It isn't like we aren't used to life altering news on one day see A levels..

:tongue: I reckon those of us left to hear are borderline applicants, so they might be using other things to separate us which is why it's taking longer?

That's my only explanation given that there were loads of offers on one day and then this week it seems they might be dribbling out? I agree with you though, it would be a lot less nerve wracking if it was over all at once!!

To be honest though, if I got an offer I wouldn't care if it was 3 months after everyone else:redface:
:tongue: I reckon those of us left to hear are borderline applicants, so they might be using other things to separate us which is why it's taking longer?

That's my only explanation given that there were loads of offers on one day and then this week it seems they might be dribbling out? I agree with you though, it would be a lot less nerve wracking if it was over all at once!!

To be honest though, if I got an offer I wouldn't care if it was 3 months after everyone else:redface:

I think you're right. Fingers crossed that you hear some good news today...
Maybe they are waiting to see how the others perform at interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Morvi906
Maybe they are waiting to see how the others perform at interview...

Posted from TSR Mobile

very annoying if they are... they said end of January at the latest we would hear SOMETHING. Even if it was 'we are interviewing more people and will email you end of Feb' it would be better than nothing. Really hope we hear something today!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending