The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MattEconomics
Got 8A* at GCSE and all As in AS (maths, economics, history, English literature) and currently have offers from
Bristol & Nottingham - Economics (A*AA)
LSE - Economics and Economic History (AAB)

I don't know what to firm/insure

Starting to regret not applying for straight econ at UCL and Warwick :frown:

Congrats on LSE! :smile:
I might be wrong, but could you not still add choices on UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234

I might be wrong, but could you not still add choices on UCAS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Deadline's gone mate.
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Deadline's gone mate.

Hmm, that's a shame. If he hasn't used all of his five choices, he could still add some through track right? (Although he may not get equal consideration)
Original post by sr234
Hmm, that's a shame. If he hasn't used all of his five choices, he could still add some through track right? (Although he may not get equal consideration)

Fair shout, not sure how it works though.

Original post by MattEconomics

If you really want straight Econ, you could perhaps email the admissions tutor at LSE on the possibility of a transfer?
(edited 9 years ago)
Just got an offer from LSE :smile: :smile: :smile:
I just got an offer from LSE too!! So pleased!
Lse l101 offer!!!!!! Whaaaaat!!!??!
STILL waiting on Bristol Warwick and LSE
Original post by PeteMez
STILL waiting on Bristol Warwick and LSE

Waiting from Bristol and Warwick too :frown:
Ofer holder at bristol, made huge error not doing UCL. Imminent rejection from Lse about to happen.
on ucls site it says anyone cannot transfer into 2nd yr, does anyone know any other of the top 5 who let 2nd yr entries?
Hello ! I am a student from Greece and I have received offers from Bath,Birmingham and Lancaster.
I am still waiting for responses from Warwick and St Andrews.
Hi guys. I'm still waiting on offers from Bath and Warwick. Got offers from Nottingham, York and UEA. Currently I am thinking of putting Nottingham as my firm and York as my insurance. If I don't get an offer from Warwick (hopefully I will though, so scared :frown: ), and I get an offer from Bath, shall I, in your opinion put Bath or Nottingham as my firm? Thanks :smile:
and congratulations to all who have received offers from their firm choices! and those who are still waiting, don't worry, there is still a lot of time for unis to reply back :smile:
Original post by doublecc123
Hi guys. I'm still waiting on offers from Bath and Warwick. Got offers from Nottingham, York and UEA. Currently I am thinking of putting Nottingham as my firm and York as my insurance. If I don't get an offer from Warwick (hopefully I will though, so scared :frown: ), and I get an offer from Bath, shall I, in your opinion put Bath or Nottingham as my firm? Thanks :smile:

I've got offers from both too, and I've decided on Bath, as it has a placement year (oh, why didn't I apply to UCL :frown:)
Original post by H0PEL3SS
I've got offers from both too, and I've decided on Bath, as it has a placement year (oh, why didn't I apply to UCL :frown:)

Bath is on the cards for me too :biggrin: , any of you going to the visit day on the 11th?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer for economics at Warwick! 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by abccba120
Bath is on the cards for me too :biggrin: , any of you going to the visit day on the 11th?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Currently haven't booked anything, as I want to minimize days not at school so I don't miss lessons.
Also, I'm waiting on Warwick, but I probably should book an open day at Bath..
Original post by H0PEL3SS
Currently haven't booked anything, as I want to minimize days not at school so I don't miss lessons.
Also, I'm waiting on Warwick, but I probably should book an open day at Bath..

Fair enough & yeah you should if you're considering Bath. I'm also waiting on UCL and LSE.
Reply 2758
Original post by G.Hailstone
Offer for economics at Warwick!

Posted from TSR Mobile

congrats! stats plse?
Original post by ndhala
congrats! stats plse?

Thanks! I got 11 A*s at GCSE and at AS I got 4 A's in maths, f maths, economics and physics, predicted 3 A*s and an A in physics. How about you, are you still waiting to hear?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending