The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I am in a terrible mood right now. I got my D1 and M3 exams back and got 58 and 75 UMS respectively. ****'s sake, I knew I screwed up D1 but I thought M3 went decently :frown:

Please say FP1, 2 and S2 went better :cry:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Bristol is awesome!

But yeah, no motivation here either :lol:

Yeah it is a great city tbf but I haven't seen the uni yet nor do I have an offer.

How are your A-Levels going?
Original post by Red Fox
Yeah it is a great city tbf but I haven't seen the uni yet nor do I have an offer.

How are your A-Levels going?

Wait for an offer then go visit maybe :biggrin:

They're good, not had to start working yet which is nice. Although might have to learn the astronomy because I don't know it even though I've been taught it.

How about you?
Wait for an offer then go visit maybe :biggrin:

They're good, not had to start working yet which is nice. Although might have to learn the astronomy because I don't know it even though I've been taught it.

How about you?

Getting towards the end of all the content and nothing really feels that hard. It'll be fine once I start going through all the papers. Doubt I'll get an A* in chem though.

Haven't looked at astronomy yet but I've heard it's a pretty dull section:tongue:.
Original post by Red Fox
Getting towards the end of all the content and nothing really feels that hard. It'll be fine once I start going through all the papers. Doubt I'll get an A* in chem though.

Haven't looked at astronomy yet but I've heard it's a pretty dull section:tongue:.

Awesome! What you got left to do?

Chemistry will be fun :colonhash:

It's horrible. G485 is all ****. Like such random bull**** facts to just memorise. It's like biology again :frown:
Awesome! What you got left to do?

Chemistry will be fun :colonhash:

It's horrible. G485 is all ****. Like such random bull**** facts to just memorise. It's like biology again :frown:

Astronomy for physics and some energy stuff and redox titrations for chem. Unit 5 chem is actually quite interesting but the unit 4 organic stuff I just find boring now:redface:. Medical physics is the worst part of G485, I just can't be bothered to learn it myself and I can't understand my teacher's accent half the time in lessons:rolleyes:.
Original post by Red Fox
Astronomy for physics and some energy stuff and redox titrations for chem. Unit 5 chem is actually quite interesting but the unit 4 organic stuff I just find boring now:redface:. Medical physics is the worst part of G485, I just can't be bothered to learn it myself and I can't understand my teacher's accent half the time in lessons:rolleyes:.

Ooh, we just have enthalpy and entropy left for F325. And then some bits on isomerism and analysis for F324.
I have that to come :frown:

Lol what accent does he have
Ooh, we just have enthalpy and entropy left for F325. And then some bits on isomerism and analysis for F324.

Analysis is so boring but it's easy.

Eastern European (Slovakian to be precise:tongue:).
Original post by Red Fox

gizzeh bitter that

Am I the only one who hates lenses in physics?
Original post by Bude8
gizzeh bitter that

We have absolutely no optics wooooo
Original post by Bude8
gizzeh bitter that

I'm not saying it's the teacher's fault I can't understand him so don't get cheeky m8:lol:
Do you ever go on threads for "____ university 2015 applicants" or w/e and wonder why people go on there purposely to argue why other universities are better
Take
A
Chill
Pill

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Do you ever go on threads for "____ university 2015 applicants" or w/e and wonder why people go on there purposely to argue why other universities are better
Take
A
Chill
Pill

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that what people do?! I've only been on the Bath ones and I've been asking about the nearest kebabs to campus etc. :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Is that what people do?! I've only been on the Bath ones and I've been asking about the nearest kebabs to campus etc. :lol:

Yeah a lot, I've noticed it mostly on the Edinburgh thread

Lmao yeah I ask stuff like "where's the nearest wetherspoons" "how much for a pint in the student bar"

Not " well how does its average graduate score weigh up with other degrees ??? Where is it in the league tables????" Like omg seriously stop as long as you like it there then go there, especially now that everybody has applied anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
I enjoy markschemes which are so brilliantly clear and not vague at all and explain everything perfectly
Yeah a lot, I've noticed it mostly on the Edinburgh thread

Lmao yeah I ask stuff like "where's the nearest wetherspoons" "how much for a pint in the student bar"

Not " well how does its average graduate score weigh up with other degrees ??? Where is it in the league tables????" Like omg seriously stop as long as you like it there then go there, especially now that everybody has applied anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never been to Spoons, really need to try it at some point :moon:

I enjoy markschemes which are so brilliantly clear and not vague at all and explain everything perfectly

If you wrote any 7 of those, ad verbatim, would you get 7 marks?
Original post by Bude8
I've never been to Spoons, really need to try it at some point :moon:

If you wrote any 7 of those, ad verbatim, would you get 7 marks?

Oh my god I love spoons at my local it's £2.50 for a pint of carling

Sorry to sound so working class but what does ad verbatim mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my god I love spoons at my local it's £2.50 for a pint of carling

Sorry to sound so working class but what does ad verbatim mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm all about cider, beer is yuck :frown:

Haha no need to apologise, I'm sorry for being a snob :colondollar: it basically means word for word, so if you wrote down just 'vacuum' would you get one mark?
Original post by Bude8
I'm all about cider, beer is yuck :frown:

Haha no need to apologise, I'm sorry for being a snob :colondollar: it basically means word for word, so if you wrote down just 'vacuum' would you get one mark?

Cider is too sweet for me
Ohhhh I see! Sorry haha
Hmmmm well this was my point about it being clear as mud, I have no idea, as I understand it the candidate has to briefly explain each point but contain those words to get the mark if that makes sense
G485 & D1 mock tomorrow :lol: :lol: c3 went good today but fp1 was a weirdly horrendous paper so no doubt college will stop me retaking it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cider is too sweet for me
Ohhhh I see! Sorry haha
Hmmmm well this was my point about it being clear as mud, I have no idea, as I understand it the candidate has to briefly explain each point but contain those words to get the mark if that makes sense
G485 & D1 mock tomorrow :lol: :lol: c3 went good today but fp1 was a weirdly horrendous paper so no doubt college will stop me retaking it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Beer just has this bitter taste that I can't seem to like :redface:

Ah, our mark schemes are a bit more specific...

I love the Economics mark schemes we have, they're so liberal :biggrin: For a 15 mark essay (highest mark question)

Spoiler

You don't get 15 marks for writing 15 of those points; if you want a high mark you need to be doing effective evaluation. The best bit is 'Examiners should be aware that candidates may take a different approach which if appropriate, should be rewarded.' and this is how education should be :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest