The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ibn Fulaan
"Muslim scholars". My foot.

Actually this may not have been the best response.

Rather this opinion is rejected.
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
Lol, I have a phase test at uni in 2 days times :eek:

Oh yeah you're at uni. loool my bad. :colondollar: thought you were in college.

Good Luck with it. InshaAllah it goes really well. :smile:
Original post by cupcakes87
how do you mean different from non- Muslim girls? like modesty wise?

I knew you'd quote me for some reason. If a woman comes out dressed with Islamic clothing you know she's Muslim, that's what I mean. It's how you distinguish a Muslim girl from a non Muslim girl. And modesty doesn't just apply to clothing by the way. You can be clothed head to toe yet still be called 'immodest' because of a bad behaviour for example.
Original post by Tennumbers
Oh yeah you're at uni. loool my bad. :colondollar: thought you were in college.

Good Luck with it. InshaAllah it goes really well. :smile:

Lol thanks sis, I wish I was still in college lol, insha allah :smile::smile:
I asked a question on here a few days ago which but didn't get an accurate response. Insha'Allah I'll ask again as this is crucial knowledge.
What is Tawheed? Then what is tawheed ar rooboobiyah? Tawheed al eebadah and Tawheed al asmaa wa sifat?
JazakAllahu khayran.
Original post by beautifulxxx
I knew you'd quote me for some reason. If a woman comes out dressed with Islamic clothing you know she's Muslim, that's what I mean. It's how you distinguish a Muslim girl from a non Muslim girl. And modesty doesn't just apply to clothing by the way. You can be clothed head to toe yet still be called 'immodest' because of a bad behaviour for example.

:lol: that's some connection cus this is the first time ive looked on this thread in days! cool! just wondering! thanks :smile:
I asked a question on here a few days ago which but didn't get an accurate response. Insha'Allah I'll ask again as this is crucial knowledge.
What is Tawheed? Then what is tawheed ar rooboobiyah? Tawheed al eebadah and Tawheed al asmaa wa sifat?
JazakAllahu khayran.

Ideas defo did post some good stuff from a book

Posted from TSR Mobile

33:59to top

Sahih International
O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

JazakAllahu khayran.

Tawheed linguistically means to make something one. In Islam it means the oneness of Allah.

Tawheed Ar-Rububiyah - Oneness of Allahs Lordship. To believe that Allah is the only lord, creator, sustainer, provider etc

1:2to top

Sahih International
[All] praise is [due] to Allah , Lord of the worlds -

Tawheed Al Ibaadah or Uluhiyah - Oneness in the worship of Allah. That only Allah should be worshipped alone.

1:5to top

Muhsin Khan
You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

Tawheed Al-Asma Wa Sifat - The Oneness in Allah's attributes. That only Allah has the names and attributed he has described himself with. No one else does. That they are free from imperfection and comparison with the creation. That only Allah should be described with how he described himself.

1:3to top

Sahih International
The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,

All three in one ayat:

19:65to top

Sahih International
Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them - so worship Him and have patience for His worship. Do you know of any similarity to Him?"

Thats a short overview.
It is compulsory for Muslim women to cover themselves no excuse. So called Muslim 'scholars' have lost the plot if they say something else. Pft. It's what makes us different from non Muslim girls.

Christian nuns and orthodox Jewish women also cover their hair (no one complains about their dress hmmm). :h:
Original post by Ankabout
Christian nuns and orthodox Jewish women also cover their hair (no one complains about their dress hmmm). :h:

I guess that's different because nuns make up a tiny proportion of the Christian population. The majority of Christian women don't cover their hair, if they did then I'm sure people would comment on it just as much as hijabis.

Have you started to wear a headscarf, anka?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
I guess that's different because nuns make up a tiny proportion of the Christian population. The majority of Christian women don't cover their hair, if they did then I'm sure people would comment on it just as much as hijabis.

I disagree. People just like getting angry over things that aren't native to their lands.

Posted from TSR Mobile
JazakAllahu khayran.

I quote:

"Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah (Oneness of Divine Lordship): means believing in Allaah as One and Unique with regard to His actions such as creation, sovereignty, control, giving life and death, and so on."

"Tawheed al-Uloohiyyah means devoting all acts of worship, both inward and outward, in word and deed, to Allaah Alone, and not worshipping anything or anyone other than Allaah, no matter who he is."

"With regard to Tawheed al-Asma’ wa’l-Sifaat (Oneness of the Divine Names and Attributes), this means affirming the names and attributes of Allaah and believing that there is none like unto Allaah in His names and attributes."

See here for the full article:
http://islamqa.info/en/49030
Original post by ash92:)
I quote:

"Tawheed al-Ruboobiyyah (Oneness of Divine Lordship): means believing in Allaah as One and Unique with regard to His actions such as creation, sovereignty, control, giving life and death, and so on."

"Tawheed al-Uloohiyyah means devoting all acts of worship, both inward and outward, in word and deed, to Allaah Alone, and not worshipping anything or anyone other than Allaah, no matter who he is."

"With regard to Tawheed al-Asma’ wa’l-Sifaat (Oneness of the Divine Names and Attributes), this means affirming the names and attributes of Allaah and believing that there is none like unto Allaah in His names and attributes."

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the general purpose of Tawheeds?

What if a girl is muslim but she doesn't cover her hair, does that make her not muslim and if so why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cupcakes87
:lol: that's some connection cus this is the first time ive looked on this thread in days! cool! just wondering! thanks :smile:

Coincidinc lol. No prob x

Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
33:59to top

Sahih International
O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to bring down over themselves [part] of their outer garments. That is more suitable that they will be known and not be abused. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.

Tawheed linguistically means to make something one. In Islam it means the oneness of Allah.

Tawheed Ar-Rububiyah - Oneness of Allahs Lordship. To believe that Allah is the only lord, creator, sustainer, provider etc

1:2to top

Sahih International
[All] praise is [due] to Allah , Lord of the worlds -

Tawheed Al Ibaadah or Uluhiyah - Oneness in the worship of Allah. That only Allah should be worshipped alone.

1:5to top

Muhsin Khan
You (Alone) we worship, and you (Alone) we ask for help (for each and everything).

Tawheed Al-Asma Wa Sifat - The Oneness in Allah's attributes. That only Allah has the names and attributed he has described himself with. No one else does. That they are free from imperfection and comparison with the creation. That only Allah should be described with how he described himself.

1:3to top

Sahih International
The Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful,

All three in one ayat:

19:65to top

Sahih International
Lord of the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them - so worship Him and have patience for His worship. Do you know of any similarity to Him?"

Thats a short overview.

"short"...lol. Very well worded jazakAllahu khayran. With proof as well:yy::yy:

Western hypocrisy.

Original post by ash92:)
I quote:

JazakAllahu khayran:yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
What if a girl is muslim but she doesn't cover her hair, does that make her not muslim and if so why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"There is no God worthy of woship but Allah and Muhummad peace be upon him is the final messenger of Allah." This statement is what makes someone a Muslim. Of course they must accept the statement and abide by it too. Not wearing hijab doesn't make someone a non Muslim; however it is very important for women to wear it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
"There is no God worthy of woship but Allah and Muhummad peace be upon him is the final messenger of Allah." This statement is what makes someone a Muslim. Of course they must accept the statement and abide by it too. Not wearing hijab doesn't make someone a non Muslim; however it is very important for women to wear it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So while it is important for women to wear it, they don't necessarily have to?Cool thanks for clarify 😎.
Original post by Kadak
Posted from TSR Mobile
What are the general purpose of Tawheeds?

Absolute monotheism.
Original post by Kadak
So while it is important for women to wear it, they don't necessarily have to?Cool thanks for clarify 😎.

For something to be an obligation is not equivalent for the abandoning of that act to cause one to leave the fold of Islam. Certain things cause one to no longer remain Muslim. Certain things are prohibited but one remains a Muslim despite doing it. Of course, these are sins bearing their own weight, but they don't invalidate one's religion.

Latest

Trending

Trending