The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Filbert Village, anyone?

Okay, so I'm looking at DMU as my first choice for adult nursing (I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so I'll be gutted if I don't get in!) and I'm looking at Filbert Village, because it looks lovely, but my only issue is with the kitchen - in the accommodation photos on the website, the kitchen looks tiny!

I was just wondering if I could get any input from anyone that lives there currently or has lived there before, just to see what it's really like? :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by JadeWilson795
Okay, so I'm looking at DMU as my first choice for adult nursing (I'm still waiting to hear back from them, so I'll be gutted if I don't get in!) and I'm looking at Filbert Village, because it looks lovely, but my only issue is with the kitchen - in the accommodation photos on the website, the kitchen looks tiny!

I was just wondering if I could get any input from anyone that lives there currently or has lived there before, just to see what it's really like? :smile:

Hey I go to DMU and i'm currently in my first year and am living at filbert village. The kitchen is a bit on the small side, but there is more than enough room for everyone, you get a cupboard each and a space under the sink - toaster, kettle, microwave, oven, fridge freezer :smile: plus cause it's open plan with the living room it really doesn't seem small. The actual bedrooms are a really nice size, but it isn't worth upgrading to the premium because it's only a slightly bigger bed then the singles and it isn't worth the £15 a week extra (that coming from the girl in the premium room in my flat). I'd personally say filbert village is the best value for money, you're in a great area cause you're close to morrisons and close to tesco (as well as corner shops such as costcutter). Plus, I have visited friends in Liberty park and the rooms are smaller than filbert and the toilets are like portaloos, I wouldn't recommend it! But if you're looking for somewhere really nice CODE is worth looking at for studio flats, they're a reasonable price and you get your own space :smile:

Overall, I'd say go for filbert!
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi,
I'm a first year student at Uni of Leicester.
I live 3 mins away from Filbert Village. My friends also live there.
The kitchens are quite spacious, well at least the one I have seen.
However, I personally would not recommend Filbert Village.
Reason being it is quite expensive, as well as this the view for it isn't very nice
For example the entrance to get on site is really rough and needs doing up.
I would personally advice that you come down and look at it in person.
I am going Filbert just secured a room
Original post by Lucy732
Hey I go to DMU and i'm currently in my first year and am living at filbert village. The kitchen is a bit on the small side, but there is more than enough room for everyone, you get a cupboard each and a space under the sink - toaster, kettle, microwave, oven, fridge freezer :smile: plus cause it's open plan with the living room it really doesn't seem small. The actual bedrooms are a really nice size, but it isn't worth upgrading to the premium because it's only a slightly bigger bed then the singles and it isn't worth the £15 a week extra (that coming from the girl in the premium room in my flat). I'd personally say filbert village is the best value for money, you're in a great area cause you're close to morrisons and close to tesco (as well as corner shops such as costcutter). Plus, I have visited friends in Liberty park and the rooms are smaller than filbert and the toilets are like portaloos, I wouldn't recommend it! But if you're looking for somewhere really nice CODE is worth looking at for studio flats, they're a reasonable price and you get your own space :smile:

Overall, I'd say go for filbert!

Hey I'm looking at Filbert at the minute! What is it like socially and how much is the on site gym?

also, does it have good bus routes?
I'm going with Primus Place for a studio. They're brand new and bigger and nicer than any other ones I've seen. Proper close to DMU Union as well.
Did you find the studios at Primus Place to be a little bit quiet and calm?
Original post by Ben O'Neill
I'm going with Primus Place for a studio. They're brand new and bigger and nicer than any other ones I've seen. Proper close to DMU Union as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending