The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rockpaper123
That would be great, I have mine on Wednesday :smile: Good luck!!!

Hey, the burges salmon ac was fine, everyone was really friendly, you get put into groups at the start of the day so when you do the group exercise you already know the people,

the group exercise is a presentation advising a client, but keep an eye on the time as it goes really quickly,

The interview is short and informal, the questions are based on your application

the Watson glazer is just like any of the practice ones you can find online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vwalters94
Hey, the burges salmon ac was fine, everyone was really friendly, you get put into groups at the start of the day so when you do the group exercise you already know the people,

the group exercise is a presentation advising a client, but keep an eye on the time as it goes really quickly,

The interview is short and informal, the questions are based on your application

the Watson glazer is just like any of the practice ones you can find online

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, thank you for letting me know :smile:
Original post by pp93
For anyone who is still waiting on Mishcon de Reya post-video interview, they sent me this e-mail after I asked about when I might expect to hear back:

Thank you for your email. We have received a large number of applications. We thank you for your patience on this matter and will be in touch in due course.

As helpful as EU Law is interesting (y)

Thanks. I was going to email them tomorrow but no point now. How long have you been waiting can I ask? When did you submit yours?
Reply 1963
Original post by DonnieCA
Thanks. I was going to email them tomorrow but no point now. How long have you been waiting can I ask? When did you submit yours?

I sent mine in early December so it's been around 2 months. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PFO but I think it's really rude of them to say they recruit on a rolling basis and then make people wait this long!
Original post by pp93
I sent mine in early December so it's been around 2 months. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a PFO but I think it's really rude of them to say they recruit on a rolling basis and then make people wait this long!

OMG two months! I don't know how you've waited this long. I sent mine about two weeks ago and I'm going crazy
Original post by Omiclops
Any advice for a King Wood Mallesons video interview?

Hello there! Yes I just finished my video interview. It is a set of competency questions e.g. tell me a situation when you face a challenge.

They flash the question and give you 1 min to compose your thoughts. Your answer gets recorded but there is a time limit! I made the mistake of rambling on too much and got cut off. (Didn't get through the video interview stage unfortunately :frown: but since I can't go on any further might as well help others :smile: )

All the best for yours :smile:
Original post by somuchlaw
Hello everyone,

Have been a long time lurker - was wondering if anyone here was at the Addleshaw AC last Friday?

Do you mean last Thursday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I am a long-time lurker!

I have a video interview with Irwin Mitchell!
First interview and I'm so apprehensive!

Does anyone have any tips on what questions are asked in the video interview?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Chrisjones123
Hi, I am a long-time lurker!

I have a video interview with Irwin Mitchell!
First interview and I'm so apprehensive!

Does anyone have any tips on what questions are asked in the video interview?

Thanks in advance!

Heya,

They ask 4 (probably random) competency questions. Along the lines of 'Describe a time when you have .......'
Reply 1969
Original post by Kate1717
Does anyone know if RPC automatically sends out the verbal reasoning test or does this mean a firm might actually like me for once? :biggrin: ahaha

I don't know the answer but have been wondering the same, the wording of the invitation did make it seem as though it wasn't automatic!
Original post by ULawAJ
Heya,

They ask 4 (probably random) competency questions. Along the lines of 'Describe a time when you have .......'

Thank you!

Yes I guessed so, gonna try and prep some ideas/ answers ready for it.

If anyone has any more specifics it would be greatly appreciated!
Could anybody who was rejected/accepted for A&O post-interview clarify the method of communication?

I was left a voicemail by the graduate recruitment partner whilst I was in my evening lecture (4-6pm) and by that time it was too late to call back, I imagine it will hopefully be good news (haven't heard of anybody being rejected for a VS via telephone generally), but not being able to call back until tomorrow morning is making me fidget!
Heard slaughters have sent out some rejections can anyone confirm
Has anyone heard from DLA or PM (London offices) yet? :confused:
Original post by baldwisl02
Has anyone heard from DLA or PM (London offices) yet? :confused:

DLA is non rolling. Their deadline closed on 31st Jan so they'll take a while. I believe their assessment days are around 14th Feb so you will find out before then.
Reply 1975
Does anybody know whether Irwin Mitchell video is all competency based questions please?
Original post by Fly away very quickly
Heard slaughters have sent out some rejections can anyone confirm

Anticipating mine very soon.

Also note that they are holding interviews until the 5th of February (this Thursday) so I wouldn't expect any decisions to come out before then.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by TheHairyArmenian
Anticipating mine very soon.

Me too. Knew the interview didn't really go well and offers were already given to people who interviewed after me earlier this week :tongue:
Original post by ChoccyWoccy
Me too. Knew the interview didn't really go well and offers were already given to people who interviewed after me earlier this week :tongue:

Mine was pretty terrible. Where did you find that out?
Original post by ChoccyWoccy

You know people with offers from SM after Interview?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending