The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PandaWho
Iv never had fish, but after a chat with the landlord he has agreed to allow me to have fishies as i really want a pet to look after :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hmm, I wonder if my landlord would allow fish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 261
Original post by Odd socks
hmm, I wonder if my landlord would allow fish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ask! Mine said aslong as its not a massive tank and doesnt cause lots of noise then i can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ask! Mine said aslong as its not a massive tank and doesnt cause lots of noise then i can :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

maybe I shouldn't, I always forget to water my plant, what if I forgot to feed it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I may need time off the internet for lent guys. The trolls have got to me this
Reply 264
maybe I shouldn't, I always forget to water my plant, what if I forgot to feed it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

May be a bad idea :tongue:
Ours is going to be in a place to remind me :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by superwolf
Glad it went ok. :smile:

Original post by purple-duck

Well done! :eek: :smile:

Spoiler

:woo: :eek: I think Cinnie does, too? Possibly someone else too here! :eek: that might've been you, though :colondollar: :biggrin: :tongue:

Is that album any good? I can get the digital copy now as it was through amazon, but tempted to wait for the CD to arrive instead. Also she has a couple of really early ones (before the soviet one or begin to hope) which I've never heard :eek: Looking forward to it, though :biggrin:

Sorry I forgot to reply to this :colondollar: Tbh I haven't heard much of that album. Either Begin to Hope or Soviet Kitsch is my favourite album :love:
Been thinking of maybe seeing somebody from my uni's counselling service. Not sure though, I don't really think of myself as being 'ill' anymore but I really miss having somebody to talk to about how I've been feeling. Of course you're all awesome and MHSS is invaluable sometimes but it can't replace seeing somebody face to face. I still struggle a fair amount sometimes, just not as bad as before so I feel like I'd be wasting their time. Not sure what to do. :s-smilie:
Iv never had fish, but after a chat with the landlord he has agreed to allow me to have fishies as i really want a pet to look after :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well its great that they have agreed to allow you to have them :smile:, and they dont make a mess of the floors :P
Reply 268
Original post by Jay018
well its great that they have agreed to allow you to have them :smile:, and they dont make a mess of the floors :P

Yeah, i tried to go for a cat but he said no :sadpanda:
But fishies will do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, i tried to go for a cat but he said no :sadpanda:
But fishies will do :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, kitties are great, apart from mine XD he's such a jerk sometimes!

But fishies are cool as well, so peaceful to watch too :P
thanks for all the lovely messages guys regarding results :grouphugs:

had a flashback which is really rubbish. been sat crying for a bit and now doing some of my mindfulness colouring book.
Feel so alone. :frown:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, I've been on 10mg citalopram for 3 weeks now - side effects haven't been too bad (although I keep waking up stupidly early which is annoying) but over the past week or so I've noticed I've gone from being actively upset about things to being completely numb and empty most of the time, with slight wobbles here and there where I do get upset. I don't feel anything most of the time - happy or sad. I feel like I could lose a limb and I wouldn't even react, I'm just like a zombie to everything. I was wondering if this was a side effect of the medication, or just another stage of depression? Having no feelings often sounded appealing, but I still have no motivation or energy so it hasn't really made any difference overall.

Original post by Anonymous
I meant to add, I'm going back to the doctor next week, would increasing the dosage help get rid of this numbness or make it worse?

Can't properly say about meds, I think I've heard similar possibly from people on here on some antidepressants? Though don't know about dosage/particular one. At the same time from what I know that also can be a symptom of depression :s-smilie: :dontknow:
I'd say speak to your GP next week, ask what they think?
and also - hey and welcome to the society! :smile: Hope that GP can fix something up :hugs:

Original post by ScaryScience
Thank you. Yes, its a weight off my mind now thankfully. They got back to me about accommodation too, basically just told me it was my fault because I didn't get anyone to contact them :/ but that's ridiculous cause it didn't state that you *had* to, and it was only open for 5 days, so hard to get evidence in that time :/ meh. anyway, hope youre okay, and you manage to get stuff done. :hugs:

That's good :smile: oh no that sucks :frown: so stupid and unfair of them :mad: Could you ask disability office or something? :s-smilie: :dontknow: Super well done on the results :eek: That's amazing!!! :woo: :smile:
Sorry about flashback :frown: Hope colouring is good - about if chatting would help. :hugs:

successfully survived the first day back at uni :biggrin: and even was brave enough to answer a question when the lecturer asked :redface: I have my DSA stuff now so ive got recordings of the lectures I can listen to later when writing up my notes :smile:

:woo: well done! :smile: Need to ask about DSA stuff still... have the form but haven't completed yet.

Gonna get a fish tank on saturday :party: :woo:

ooo :eek: Fresh water? Get neon tetra's :teeth: :biggrin: I remember seeing 'em when we considered getting some.

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I may need time off the internet for lent guys. The trolls have got to me this

:dontknow: Don't listen to the trolls :nah: - they're trolls! Up to you if you do take some time off, I know it's something I sort of semi-wonder about? Or at least reducing internet time. But don't do it just for some dumbos on the internet :nah:

Original post by Anonymous #2

Sorry I forgot to reply to this :colondollar: Tbh I haven't heard much of that album. Either Begin to Hope or Soviet Kitsch is my favourite album :love:

That's okay! :eek: Yeah I like Begin to Hope a lot too :woo: :redface:

Original post by Anonymous #2
Been thinking of maybe seeing somebody from my uni's counselling service. Not sure though, I don't really think of myself as being 'ill' anymore but I really miss having somebody to talk to about how I've been feeling. Of course you're all awesome and MHSS is invaluable sometimes but it can't replace seeing somebody face to face. I still struggle a fair amount sometimes, just not as bad as before so I feel like I'd be wasting their time. Not sure what to do. :s-smilie:

Go for it :hugs: Completely get what you mean about face to face - and if you're still struggling then would be good if you could see someone! :smile: Not wasting their time - you're paying Uni fees, aren't you? They're there to help you when/if you're struggling :smile:

I really need to see someone just to talk to face-to-face, too - been having group therapy the past 2 terms, but then that's a whole group - which is good, but less time to just ramble/splurge a bit at someone :colondollar: but yeah - go for it :hugs: I know that my uni also has a wellbeing "drop-in" session thing, as part of the student support services - just basically a slot anyone can go to and talk to the "wellbeing advisor"/counsellor-y type person :redface:

Original post by Pathway
Feel so alone. :frown:

:frown: :hugs:

---------------------------------------

So exhausted :sad: hate being ill :/ Also well-being drop-in wasn't on for some reason -I think they must have just updated the website late/only changed it last night. Annoying, though :/ but oh well.

Got a test for credit tomorrow, but done no revision yet and haven't a clue :frown: is only 5-10% of this module (which is 10% of the year), but still :s-smilie:

Bleh. Going to have an early night I think either way :colondollar:
(edited 9 years ago)
just got my module results. 63%, 58%, 57%. I can live with that

Well done :smile:
Original post by rmhumphries
Well done :smile:

Thank you :smile: Hope you're well :hugs:
Thank you :smile: Hope you're well :hugs:

Yeah, I am doing ok thanks, hope you are doing ok as well :hugs:
Can't properly say about meds, I think I've heard similar possibly from people on here on some antidepressants? Though don't know about dosage/particular one. At the same time from what I know that also can be a symptom of depression :s-smilie: :dontknow:
I'd say speak to your GP next week, ask what they think?
and also - hey and welcome to the society! :smile: Hope that GP can fix something up :hugs:

That's good :smile: oh no that sucks :frown: so stupid and unfair of them :mad: Could you ask disability office or something? :s-smilie: :dontknow: Super well done on the results :eek: That's amazing!!! :woo: :smile:
Sorry about flashback :frown: Hope colouring is good - about if chatting would help. :hugs:

:woo: well done! :smile: Need to ask about DSA stuff still... have the form but haven't completed yet.

ooo :eek: Fresh water? Get neon tetra's :teeth: :biggrin: I remember seeing 'em when we considered getting some.

:dontknow: Don't listen to the trolls :nah: - they're trolls! Up to you if you do take some time off, I know it's something I sort of semi-wonder about? Or at least reducing internet time. But don't do it just for some dumbos on the internet :nah:

That's okay! :eek: Yeah I like Begin to Hope a lot too :woo: :redface:

Go for it :hugs: Completely get what you mean about face to face - and if you're still struggling then would be good if you could see someone! :smile: Not wasting their time - you're paying Uni fees, aren't you? They're there to help you when/if you're struggling :smile:

I really need to see someone just to talk to face-to-face, too - been having group therapy the past 2 terms, but then that's a whole group - which is good, but less time to just ramble/splurge a bit at someone :colondollar: but yeah - go for it :hugs: I know that my uni also has a wellbeing "drop-in" session thing, as part of the student support services - just basically a slot anyone can go to and talk to the "wellbeing advisor"/counsellor-y type person :redface:

:frown: :hugs:

---------------------------------------

So exhausted :sad: hate being ill :/ Also well-being drop-in wasn't on for some reason -I think they must have just updated the website late/only changed it last night. Annoying, though :/ but oh well.

Got a test for credit tomorrow, but done no revision yet and haven't a clue :frown: is only 5-10% of this module (which is 10% of the year), but still :s-smilie:

Bleh. Going to have an early night I think either way :colondollar:

thanks :hugs: there isn't a disability office here, its just the wellbeing services really. seeing lady on Wednesday though so might ask if I have the chance. feel a bit bad though :/ its not looking likely because they've already given out offers. bleh. I dunno. hope youre doing okay, will be around if you need. good luck with test tomorrow :hugs:
Original post by rmhumphries
Yeah, I am doing ok thanks, hope you are doing ok as well :hugs:

Glad you are okay :smile: :penguinhug: I'm okay thanks, will be once I get some sleep anyway, haha.
Glad you are okay :smile: :penguinhug: I'm okay thanks, will be once I get some sleep anyway, haha.

Likewise, glad you are ok apart from sleep :jumphug: Not too long until it is time to sleep now, hope you manage to get a decent nights sleep
Put in the first part of my application for a summer placement, I doubt I'll get one but I may as well try. If I dont get it its not a disaster since I did a placement in first year but all experience is good for when I'll have to apply for pre-reg

Latest