The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Different uni require different things so I'm sure you'll hear from your other choices x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelkoeman
didn't see the note about my statement, it lacked 'key words'. i only applied a few days before the deadline...do you think that makes a difference to be early or not?? surely that isn't very fair!

No! I dont think that makes a difference! I applied November and they back to me the day after I sent it with an interview for the Friday just gone! When I went to the open day the people giving the talk really emphasised the use of keywords in personal statement and ensuring you make clear points as to why you want to be that type of nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pretty please
Mines maths which is part of course entry requirements whereas science isn't. I did phn up afterwards as people are pending alevels etc but nope!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awww!:frown: that's understandable! But you do have to do a math test so it's a bit unfair because they could've just gone on your math test result at the interview?:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shannon_1997
No! I dont think that makes a difference! I applied November and they back to me the day after I sent it with an interview for the Friday just gone! When I went to the open day the people giving the talk really emphasised the use of keywords in personal statement and ensuring you make clear points as to why you want to be that type of nurse

Posted from TSR Mobile

i think i screwed up my statement so!! :frown:
i think i screwed up my statement so!! :frown:

Awww!!:frown: such a shame:frown: sorry to hear it! Have you heard from anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1525
Anyone had an offer from DMU, LJMU, Hull or Sheffield Hallam for Mental Health Nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Had an offer from DMU in November
Awww!!:frown: such a shame:frown: sorry to hear it! Have you heard from anywhere else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not yet no, hopefully something will come out of it...otherwise ill have to wait another year...and I'm already 25 like!!
Original post by Awujo
Had an offer from DMU in November

For which field of nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1528

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mental Health Nursing
Original post by Awujo
Mental Health Nursing

I'm still waiting!!:frown: I applied in November

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1530
I'm still waiting!!:frown: I applied in November

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied in September, and had my interview and offer in November, don't worry, you ll hear soon, they're very quick, had my offer within two days of interview. I know it's very nerve wrecking, just try calm down. Good luck. X

Posted from TSR Mobile

are the fees for DMU covered by NHS?
Original post by Awujo
I applied in September, and had my interview and offer in November, don't worry, you ll hear soon, they're very quick, had my offer within two days of interview. I know it's very nerve wrecking, just try calm down. Good luck. X

Aw that's reassuring! Thank you very much :smile: well done on your offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
are the fees for DMU covered by NHS?

Yeahh I think so! I don't see why not! It's an NHS course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeahh I think so! I don't see why not! It's an NHS course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ya you're right. i was checking the graduate entry and it seems that it has to be paid....i must enquire more!
ya you're right. i was checking the graduate entry and it seems that it has to be paid....i must enquire more!

Yeah i think post graduate you have to pay but undergraduate you don't :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah i think post graduate you have to pay but undergraduate you don't :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

thats the trick so! :wink:
Reply 1537
please take 2 min to fill this in and win £150 on private tuition surveymonkey.com/s/5NPGQF6
thanks!
Any tips on dmu interview I've got one tomorrow for learning disability nursing :smile:
hi has anybody applied for children's nursing at Worcester? Have interview Wednesday and have been told to take an object (not a photo) to show my passion for nursing and I'm so stuck :/ i am currently working for birmingham childrens hospital and going to uni to complete my foundation degree but what can i take, like to take something personal that shows a bit of my personality but just don't know? any help please xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending