The Student Room Group

I thought this was a compliment...she didn't.

Scroll to see replies

Considering she thought it was creepy the first time mate I probably wouldn't say it again at work :wink:

If you cross paths just drop in a "sorry if I said then wrong thing on Friday, didn't mean to offend you" and leave it at that. If you're a cheeky type of guy this is an occupational hazard. :P
Original post by CuddlyViking
Considering she thought it was creepy the first time mate I probably wouldn't say it again at work :wink:

If you cross paths just drop in a "sorry if I said then wrong thing on Friday, didn't mean to offend you" and leave it at that. If you're a cheeky type of guy this is an occupational hazard. :P

Hmm yeah. A part of me is a bit annoyed that she overreacted so much though.

Its not like she has to talk to me at work.

If she approaches me, then I am not going to dignify her reaction to this by saying sorry or even letting it go. If she can't take such a small joke, then I don't really want much to do with her anyway. Its not about BJs, its not about her performing some act on me, its just a little comment about her lips.

If she says nothing, ill just say nothing.
Reply 62
That's the sort of line you may say, if you ever dare to a girl you are friends with in a very obvious comedic manner. However, it sounds like here you actually used it as a chat up line, not only could it offend the intended subject because lets face it as much as you may try and deny it, this line is hinting at the idea of sex. Also it's just so cheesy, not a thing you would say to a girl you are trying to get with from work or anywhere else. Best thing to do is give it time and you will probably be fine with her, however, if you think she felt insulted by it you could have apologised before. Since its been a while I would just say let it pass naturally.
Original post by Anonymous
My plan for tomorrow, I dunno, how to play it.

Half of you think ive said something reasonable given the cirsumtances, the other half think im totally out of line...

I might just go with 'Nice lips' + BIG grin. Leave it at that. May be she was having a bad day on Friday and now she'll see the funny side!

Please don't. She'll think you're some kind of lip rapist or something.
My plan for tomorrow, I dunno, how to play it.

Half of you think ive said something reasonable given the cirsumtances, the other half think im totally out of line...

I might just go with 'Nice lips' + BIG grin. Leave it at that. May be she was having a bad day on Friday and now she'll see the funny side!

Seriously do not do this.

Not at work.

If she has already felt creeped out by you, this is not going to make her feel the funny side at all. Whether she is right or wrong in your mind to be annoyed, the fact is she is annoyed and now by delivering this follow up you will confirm in her mind that you are being creepy and suggestive (the big grin makes it worse) and to be honest that will probably make her feel very uncomfortable.

I have girls that I work with that I talk about some pretty racy and inappropriate topics with and I have said some sexual things to them but the difference is I do that outside the office and I know them very well and know they like that kind of banter. I'd never say anything remotely suggestive at work.
I think she massively overreacted, personally.

However, please do not comment on her lips again (even in an obvious light hearted manner)... she'll string you up for sexual harrassment at work or something. You need to be careful about this.

IF you care about her, dont want her to have the wrong impression of u, and if she is acting weird, you could possibly try to pull her aside and explain that she got the wrong end of what u were saying.

Even then, im not so sure. Just try to act normal (as awkward as that may be).
Hmm, didnt talk to her today. Probably never will. Oh well. Ive moved on.
So I'm out at this after-work social at a bar in Oxford and I was talking to a girl I work with. We've been working together for a few months now. I think she's single but I've never really asked; no ring anyways.

After a few drinks I'm picking up some seriously good vibes from her. I tell her that she has 'eyes like an angel but lips for sin' with a bit of a grin on my face.

She then proceeds to say 'how dare you' and walks off and actually goes home.

I don't understand what I said wrong. It's hardly like saying 'nice tits'...

I am am not looking forward to Monday morning :/

What's wrong is the fact you said "for sin" rather than 'of sin'... Tut tut OP.
Original post by Clip

It's all contingent on the rather inconvenient prerequisite that she fancies the person saying it to her in the first place, in which case, you could just turn up to a date with last week's Metro as a present and say"tits wibble fish" and she'd be all over you.

Yeah but that's the whole point. You would only say something so openly flirtacious to someone who you think you've a mutual attraction with. Otherwise it'll obviously be awkward.

Common sense people.
Original post by tehFrance
What's wrong is the fact you said "for sin" rather than 'of sin'... Tut tut OP.

This is true!
What you said: 'Eyes like an angel but lips for sin'.

What she heard: 'Nice eyes, wanna suck my dick?'
Original post by Twinpeaks
Yeah but that's the whole point. You would only say something so openly flirtacious to someone who you think you've a mutual attraction with. Otherwise it'll obviously be awkward.

Common sense people.

Exactly!

I would rep you. But I can't.
Original post by Good Call
What you said: 'Eyes like an angel but lips for sin'.

What she heard: 'Nice eyes, wanna suck my dick?'

Lmao

I hope people don't copy me.
Did today go well OP, I'm curious to know? :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
That would have made me feel really uncomfortable, but I'm a pretty reserved person and I just wouldn't have known how to respond to that. I know you probably didn't mean to suggest as much as you did but that's how it sounded. I'd suggest maybe saying "sorry if I offended you I didn't mean to...etc."
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Did today go well OP, I'm curious to know? :smile:

Well we didn't speak to each other. She acted a bit cold towards me so i didn't make the effort. Ive decided that I haven't said anything that bad so im not going to make the effort to go up to her to talk again. She didn't tell anyone either. So it will just be forgotten I guess. Ive moved on anyway.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending