The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kadak
So while it is important for women to wear it, they don't necessarily have to?Cool thanks for clarify 😎.

Ash gave you a good answer. At the end of the day, we all have freedom of choice. Not wearing hijab doesn't take you of the fold of Islam, there is a sin however, and the individual will endure the punishment unless Allah decides not to punish her.

Posted from TSR Mobile

First and foremost, we must wear hijab because Allah has commanded us to do so: "O Prophet! Tell your wives and daughters and the believing women that they should caste their outer garments over their persons (in abroad). That is most convenient, that they should be known and not molested. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." [Qur'an, 33:59].

" And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and their ornaments except what appear thereof; that they should draw their veils over their bosoms and not display their beauty..." [Qur'an 24:31].

We must obey Allah because He created us to obey Him: "I have only created jinn and man that they obey Me." [Qur'an 56:51]. Therefore, being Muslim means to obey Allah whatever He commanded us to do. We know that whatever Allah has commanded us to do is for our own benefit and it does not profit nor harm Him.

Original post by What_is_life
Ok brother

Looks like they arent legit

What would be your rebuttal to that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Quantum. I would probably give them Quran 33:59 with the tafsir. Follow through with some fatwas.

Sorry for the lame reply. Never really needed to refute it in the past.
(edited 9 years ago)
Man! In one day they're like 15 pages to go through.. Anyone know if Azhar University in Egypt teach qirat?
We get so scared sometimes. Afraid of all that can go wrong. All that can be lost. But in our debilitating fear, we lose focus. We see the sickness, but not the cure. The storm, but not the shelter. Yes, there are armies and Red Seas. Yes, there are flames. But remember, the sickness, the storm, the fire, the armies and the Sea, are all creations in the hands of the Sovereign. He saved Ayyoub (AS) from the sickness, Nuh (AS) from the storm, Musa (AS) from the armies and the Sea, Ibrahim (AS) from the flames. It wasn't that they didn't face these hardships. They did. They were surrounded by them. But Allah kept them safe, even while in the belly of the calamity. Our focus is wrong. We fear the storm, because we don't see the Shelter. We fear the Red Sea, because we don't see the One who can split it in two. It is not the storm we should fear--but the distance from Shelter
Original post by beautifulxxx
Coincidinc lol. No prob x

"short"...lol. Very well worded jazakAllahu khayran. With proof as well:yy::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you havnt already I advise to read The Fundamentals of Tawheed:

https://archive.org/details/FundamentalsOfTawheed

http://idci.co.uk/The-Fundamentals-Of-Tawheed-Islamic-Monotheism-1582-d

Also:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dftetMyBbDQ

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dMn_EymUwuo

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
"Muslim scholars". My foot.
Dr Zaki Badawi :

http://berkleycenter.georgetown.edu/people/zaki-badawi

Shaikh Zaki Badawi, who died in 2006, was a prominent Egyptian Islamic scholar, community activist, and promoter of interfaith dialogue. After studies at al-Azhar University, Badawi received his PhD in modern Muslim thought from the University of London and went on to teach in Egypt, Malaysia, Singapore, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, and Britain. He served as director of the Islamic Cultural Centre and Chief Imam of the London Central Mosque; Badawi also co-founded the Three Faiths Forum and was vice chairman of the World Congress of Faiths. He was the Principal of the Muslim College in London, a frequent writer and broadcaster on Islamic affairs, and an honorary Knight Commander of the British Empire.

As indicated above, Badawi considered that it is not compulsory for Muslim women to cover their hair.

And that's all.
Reply 2768
Original post by ttaylor17
Man! In one day they're like 15 pages to go through.. Anyone know if Azhar University in Egypt teach qirat?

yep i'm sure they do, sheikhs from Egypt who studied in Al-Azhar came to Mosque and each read in different styles was Awesome!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by mariachi
Dr Zaki Badawi :

And that's all.

did you read my subsequent post?

Don't matter. This is a rejected opinion
Original post by Al-farhan
Unknown Micky Mouse scholars from random corners of the net.
Dr Zaki Badawi is far from being unknown

in any case, read what he said, or don't read it if you prefer

all the best
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
This is a rejected opinion
as you prefer

all the best
Original post by ko111
yep i'm sure they do, sheikhs from Egypt who studied in Al-Azhar came to Mosque and each read in different styles was Awesome!

What do you do if you want to study there?
Original post by mariachi
as you prefer

all the best

Not a preference.
Reply 2774
What do you do if you want to study there?

..need contacts i think who can get you in i know some people who studied there through Imams.. it's really hard to get into bro... you also need to speak arabic fluently. Speak to your Imam, more info also see this link: http://www.studyinegypt.org/tiki-index.php?page=Overview+of+Entering+Al-Azhar
(edited 9 years ago)
A deep insight and analogy by Ibn al-Qayyim on "The Problem of Evil"

Ibn Qayim states, "…the father, who is compassionate towards his son and knowing what is good for him, sees that some blood has to be removed from his son for his own good, even though his son will incur severe pain by cutting the skin and cutting the veins. If the father knows that the cure for his son lies in cutting off one of his limbs, he does so, and does this all of this out of compassion and mercy to his son. If he sees that it is better for his son to withhold something from him, he withholds it and is not lavish towards him, because he knows that this causes his corruption and destruction. So the father often withholds from his son what his son desires for his own good and to protect him, not out of miserliness towards him.

So, if the wisest of all judges, the Most Merciful, the Most Knowledgeable, who is more merciful towards His servants than they are to themselves or their parents are to them, sends down upon them that which they dislike, then it is better for them than Him not sending it upon them at all; rather, it is a benevolence and kindness to them. For if they were left to choose for themselves, they would be incapable of knowing, intending or doing that which benefits them. But He - how perfect He is - has taken charge of managing their affairs according to His knowledge, wisdom and mercy, whether they like or dislike it."

al-Fawaaid - (174)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ko111
..need contacts i think who can get you in i know some people who studied there through Imams.. it's really hard to get into bro... you also need to speak arabic fluently. Speak to your Imam, more info also see this link: http://www.studyinegypt.org/tiki-index.php?page=home%20page

Oh right my brother has a contact... Actually told him to come whenever he wants...
I'll check your link after ia.. Meant to be studying :-P
I know how you guys feel. I've been debating with a non Muslim on another thread, who thinks it isn't compulsory for Muslim women to cover their heads. I've repeated myself over and over. It's doing my head in.
Reply 2778
Oh right my brother has a contact... Actually told him to come whenever he wants...
I'll check your link after ia.. Meant to be studying :-P

that's good, speak to Imams as well as much as you can they'll help you out.. i think it's a five year course some underestimate the workload!
Indeed, Allah is full of bounty to the people, but most of the people are not grateful. (40:61) Lets not be those kind of people.

Latest

Trending

Trending