The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

It might sound like a stupid question but what do we wear on the day? And do we get a formula sheet for physics? Any reply's would be much appreciated! :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ♥Samantha♥
I'm confused..... I was under the impression that for economics we were going to have to complete a test on 'thinking skills' as no previous economic knowledge was required. However I went to print out the sample thinking paper and the HWSF website had changed this to an economics paper. How will I be able to take a paper in economics if I've never studied it???:confused:

Same! The worst thing is I was originally studying geography however, I asked them to change it to economics :s-smilie::s-smilie: Now I am considering asking them to change it back which will be embarrassing! How could they do that? One minute it said thinking skills now they changed it to an actual economics exam paper!!! Very misleading, I'm disappointed. What are we to do now because I researched A-level economics and it actually looks very hard:frown:
Original post by sakshres
Out of curiosity, have you seen the papers which will be given to us this Saturday?

No student has the opportunity to see a paper.
Just want to wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow!!
May the odds be ever in your favour :smile:
Original post by themonalisa
Just want to wish you all the best of luck for tomorrow!!
May the odds be ever in your favour :smile:

thanks, same to you.
does anyone know how to revise for biology and chemistry
Good luck guys!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maths: relatively easy:wink:
Biology: very easy:tongue:
Physics: challenging but doable:smile:
Chemistry: I didn't even finish :frown:

So how did everyone else do?
(edited 9 years ago)
I had my exam today
biology was easy. I didn't finish chemistry. I didn't finish maths. Philosophy was very easy
I Know. maths really took me by surprise
I took the exam yesterday and I did. Politics which was difficult at first but after a little planning was ok, economics which was VERY HARD, Philosophy, theology and ethics which was tricky and geography which was all stuff you could expect to get at GCSE level. I was in the actual 6th form as I used a word processor. I spoke to a girl who wss doing german and apparently that was very easy
Original post by QueenGeek

Maths: relatively easy:wink:
Biology: very easy:tongue:
Physics: challenging but doable:smile:
Chemistry: I didn't even finish :frown:

So how did everyone else do?

I completely agree with you. The Chemistry was so hard and I didn't finish either!!!! I took my Chemistry GCSE last year and got an A!!!! How are you going to prepare for the interview???
Original post by alittlejell
I completely agree with you. The Chemistry was so hard and I didn't finish either!!!! I took my Chemistry GCSE last year and got an A!!!! How are you going to prepare for the interview???

I did get A* in chemistry last year, so didn't expect it to be that hard that I didn't even finish. As for the interview I picked chemistry (how wise), I'm just going to pick a topic within chemistry that is taught at A-level or university level then learn it as well as I can, so that I'm able to have a conversation about it atleast. I probably won't get an interview though... But oh well. Knowledge is power

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by QueenGeek
I did get A* in chemistry last year, so didn't expect it to be that hard that I didn't even finish. As for the interview I picked chemistry (how wise), I'm just going to pick a topic within chemistry that is taught at A-level or university level then learn it as well as I can, so that I'm able to have a conversation about it atleast. I probably won't get an interview though... But oh well. Knowledge is power

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I were you I'd do what Mr Handscombe suggested, and talk about your last lesson.
hey , im one of the late applicants and im looking for guidance and reassurance before taking my following tests in a few days, i've picked geography, economics, english literature and politics
Original post by samispector
hey , im one of the late applicants and im looking for guidance and reassurance before taking my following tests in a few days, i've picked geography, economics, english literature and politics

Me too! I'm so scareddd.. I chose bio chem math and art though?
Original post by X_alwayssmiley
Me too! I'm so scareddd.. I chose bio chem math and art though?

good luck on Thursday, hope we're not prioritised less than others for being late applicants
Original post by samispector
good luck on Thursday, hope we're not prioritised less than others for being late applicants

I assure you there should be no prioritisation.
Original post by Wesleigh
I assure you there should be no prioritisation.

Have you done the exam ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending