The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ko111
I'm assuming Qirat will be part of Islamic course, i don't think you can just do qirat there..

Seriously... I just want to do qirat... You know any other institution where you can do just qirat...
Original post by Al-farhan
Welcome to tsr:colone:

Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just realised... Its Jazakillahu khayran when saying it to a female.. JazakAllahu khayran for males. I need to start using it correctly myself too!
Original post by DarkMystryXxX
What do you mean, in what aspects are you referring to?:smile:
well, if you prefer not to read why an Islamic scholar would conclude that it is not compulsory for women to cover their hair, then so be it
Original post by HAnwar
I know how you guys feel. I've been debating with a non Muslim on another thread, who thinks it isn't compulsory for Muslim women to cover their heads. I've repeated myself over and over. It's doing my head in.

Best to leave it tbh.
Original post by Tennumbers
I just realised... Its Jazakillahu khayran when saying it to a female.. JazakAllahu khayran for males. I need to start using it correctly myself too!

Lol...
Original post by mariachi
x

You didn't answer my question earlier. I'd love to get the answer.
Original post by IdeasForLife
You didn't answer my question earlier. I'd love to get the answer.
what question ?
Let's not argue. :h: Or take it to PM's. :biggrin:
Original post by mariachi
what question ?

Nvm lol..
Original post by IdeasForLife
Best to leave it tbh.

I have to win lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
When our sisters are deprived from the right to come to the mosques, or given sub-standard accommodations and treated disrespectfully, it is only natural that some of them will take matters into their own hands and counter-react.

Some of that counter-reaction will be legitimate, and some illegitimate.

Rather than worry about what various counter-reactions have been and how legal they are, I believe we need to concentrate on the root cause of the problem. It is an undeniable reality that women's prayer spaces (in those masjids that actually have them - for quite a few masjids still don't even have such spaces) are less accessible, less clean, and less maintained than the men's sections. Women have to deal with crying children, bad microphones, no visual access to the Imam/khatib, dank hallways to get in and out, and many other issues. Perhaps the worst issue of all: too many of our brothers comment on what they assume is inappropriate clothing when our sisters come to the masjid. This makes many sisters feel uncomfortable simply coming to the masjid.

In a day and age where our sisters are going everywhere, visible everywhere, active everywhere, the BEST place for them to be is in the masjid, praying to Allah, and being with fellow Muslims, and learning about their faith. Rather than believe that they should stay home, we need to contextualize our environment and ENCOURAGE our sisters to come to the most blessed places in their cities: their mosques. We need to make sister's facilities as neat and clean and well-lit and accessible as the brothers. We either put them in the same hall as the men (as was the case in the time of the Prophet (SAW), behind the men), or provide state of the art AV access to the lectures/khutbah. We need separate rooms (also with AV) for sisters with young infants so that others can also pray and listen in peace. And most importantly, we need to tell our men that it is not THEIR business (unless a family man is dealing with his own wife/daughter) how other women dress. Let the people in charge of the masjid deal with dress codes.

Frankly, in this day and age, if a sister actually comes to the masjid (rather than going shopping or watching a movie or doing any other activity), we should WELCOME her, have the sisters get to know her, and make her feel special. Her priority is not the scarf on her head but her attachment to Allah. Once she feels that attachment, the rest will follow.

Our sisters in faith are our mothers, wives, and daughters. How can we treat them any less than we expect to be treated ourselves in this regard? And how can we deprive them of coming to the masjid when our Prophet (SAW) explicitly forbade it in his own time, and our time requires even more spirituality and education for them?!

- Dr Yasir Qadhi
Anyone know any du'as for headaches? Or just pain relief in general? :redface:

May Allah cure all your pains, ameen
Put your hand on the place where you feel pain and say:

Bismillaah (3 times) بِسْمِ اللهِ

Then say the following dua 7 times " A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa 'ajidu wa 'uhaathiru"

Translation:
In the Name of Allah (three times).
I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard against.

This dua is provides instant relief for all sorts of pain e.g backache, headache,stomach-ache, arthritis,pain in your joints etc.

https://www.facebook.com/IamMuslimAndProud/posts/10151928426473122
(edited 9 years ago)

Paracetamol.
Original post by somemightsay888
Paracetamol.

Prsommm :lol:
Original post by Incredible97
May Allah cure all our pains, ameen
Put your hand on the place where you feel pain and say:

Bismillaah (3 times) بِسْمِ اللهِ

Then say the following dua 7 times " A'oothu billaahi wa qudratihi min sharri maa 'ajidu wa 'uhaathiru"

Translation:
In the Name of Allah (three times).
I seek refuge in Allah and in His Power from the evil of what I find and of what I guard against.

This dua is provides instant relief for all sorts of pain e.g backache, headache,stomach-ache, arthritis,pain in your joints etc.

https://www.facebook.com/IamMuslimAndProud/posts/10151928426473122

Ameen!
Jazakillahu khayran! :smile:
Paracetamol.

Let me know how it feels to have a continuous headache for over a week even after taking paracetamols every four hours. I'm not stupid.
Let me know how it feels to have a continuous headache for over a week even after taking paracetamols every four hours. I'm not stupid.

I have had a continuous headache for a good few days. Know what I did? I went to a GP. You um...been to your GP yet?
I have had a continuous headache for a good few days. Know what I did? I went to a GP. You um...been to your GP yet?

Yes I have been. Thanks for your concern. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending