The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Hi all, help is needed urgently!!...LSB uni test day!

Hi all,

My name is nabs. My first time on here! I'm an Access-health & social care student. I have an invitation to attend a test day next week for LSB university. Course applied child nursing. So was wondering wether anyone has already been to sit the test already and can share some light on what you have to do. What is the essay topic? Can I take calculator or is it provided? Was the test straight forward or difficult? What revision material do I need, to revise on, (Sorry I'm asking too much info). LSB is my first choice and ironically the first uni that get back to me first. Therefore, I can't afford to mess this chance up!! If u know anything please write back to me and I appreciate all ur help. Thanks to all in advance.
@Nabz8219

Hi :smile: I've got the LSBU test day coming up soon too, good luck to you. I know u've got to take a Maths & Literacy test which is quite basic and similar to the sample tests found on their website, I don't think a calculator is allowed :/ (that's what it says on the front page of the sample tests) regarding the essay I know it gets changed everytime so I guess we gotta be prepared for anything :tongue:
I too want to go to LSBU :biggrin: Good luck (When's ur test day?)
(edited 9 years ago)
London
Reply 2
On Wednesday at 5pm. I managed to find few other threads where people are saying essay topic is on obesity in health care/NHS. The math practice test on their website I got 9/10 but haven't tried the literacy sample test yet. It's such big with so many topics in health care! diversity, equity, equality, social policy & health, safeguarding children, health: mass media. Do u know the word limit for the essay by any chance? (150-200 mentioned on sample)
Original post by nabz8219
On Wednesday at 5pm. I managed to find few other threads where people are saying essay topic is on obesity in health care/NHS. The math practice test on their website I got 9/10 but haven't tried the literacy sample test yet. It's such big with so many topics in health care! diversity, equity, equality, social policy & health, safeguarding children, health: mass media. Do u know the word limit for the essay by any chance? (150-200 mentioned on sample)

Hi
Ooh that's good :smile: I think the maths test isn't too bad (hopefully we get something similar to the sample tests) yeah the essay could be about anything healthcare related. I think the word limit is the same as stated on the sample test although they cud change it.
What I don't know is if the interview is on the same day, (some ppl have said on other threads it's after the marking of the tests whilst some have been called 4 an interview within 7 days)
Reply 4
Original post by Crystaldiamond
Hi
Ooh that's good :smile: I think the maths test isn't too bad (hopefully we get something similar to the sample tests) yeah the essay could be about anything healthcare related. I think the word limit is the same as stated on the sample test although they cud change it.
What I don't know is if the interview is on the same day, (some ppl have said on other threads it's after the marking of the tests whilst some have been called 4 an interview within 7 days)

Hi,
My email and ucas letter states it will only be a test and (not an interview) I will be 😧 if they tell us we will be doing an interview too! At the moment I'm only concentrating on revising for these tests. On their websites there's only seems to be one of each sample tests. Do u know if they're any others we can practice on? ... n wat day is ur test on?
Mine's tomorrow 😥 my UCAS letter says the same thing however it does say " you have been invited for a test day, which is the first stage of the selection process " and I know that you have to pass the tests first to be called for the interview.
Sorry I don't know about others tests but maybe googling simple numeracy tests might come up with something & bitesize is good 4 going over things 😊
Reply 6
Mine's tomorrow 😥 my UCAS letter says the same thing however it does say " you have been invited for a test day, which is the first stage of the selection process " and I know that you have to pass the tests first to be called for the interview.
Sorry I don't know about others tests but maybe googling simple numeracy tests might come up with something & bitesize is good 4 going over things 😊

Will try that tonight. Thanks n I hope it goes well tomorrow, n let us how it goes. Do u also live in London? I leave u to concentrate on ur revision now. Good luck!
Reply 7
Will try that tonight. Thanks n I hope it goes well tomorrow, n let us how it goes. Do u also live in London? I leave u to concentrate on ur revision now. Good luck!

Hi,

How r u n how did ur test go?
Reply 8

Hi,

How r u n how did ur test go?
Reply 9
Did it yesterday, maths pretty hard - only approx 50% passed. Practice your fractions is all I will say! My essay was not obesity but don't want to get in trouble by saying any more. Good luck!
Reply 10
Congrats for passing ur maths. U almost there!! Thanks for the advise. I know u can't discuss any chance u can direct me on wat to do literacy revision incase I missed something out. Been doing on 4 topics so far and the nerves are starting to kick in now.
Reply 11
Just keep calm and read all the questions thoroughly, go back and double check if you have time. They give you an extra piece of paper if you want one, I used this for listing a few things I wanted to include in my essay before I started writing it. Remember they look at spelling,grammar and punctuation and not just the content. It needs to be 150-200 words long. You're not allowed a calculator in the maths test by the way.
Reply 12
Original post by Tussy
Just keep calm and read all the questions thoroughly, go back and double check if you have time. They give you an extra piece of paper if you want one, I used this for listing a few things I wanted to include in my essay before I started writing it. Remember they look at spelling,grammar and punctuation and not just the content. It needs to be 150-200 words long. You're not allowed a calculator in the maths test by the way.

Thank u so much for ur help. How many questions and were there near similar to practice ones? I'm lit ok with maths but just worried with literacy side! Worried might be clueless on the subject they might hand it to me.
Reply 13
5 questions on the text, very easy so plenty of time for the essay. You'll be fine!!
@Tussy Well done and congratulations for passing :smile: Hope you get called for an Interview

Hi, How r u n how did ur test go?. . . Do u also live in london ?

@Nabz8219
Hi, sorry I replied late,I'm good thanks you ? Yes I also live in London, so I didn't have to travel much :tongue: but it was still a long and tiring day.
My test went alright but I didn't pass,(which means I couldn't take the literacy test)I missed it by 1 mark which is a bit upsetting and disappointing :frown:

Good luck to you and don't panic and stay calm; I think you'll have plenty of time,I did, so make sure you keep checking your answers and what the question is asking !! (I kept checking my answers but I didn't proof-read the questions properly).
Once again Good Luck, You'll be fine :smile:

P.s. Do let us know how it went for you
Reply 15
@Tussy Well done and congratulations for passing :smile: Hope you get called for an Interview

@Nabz8219
Hi, sorry I replied late,I'm good thanks you ? Yes I also live in London, so I didn't have to travel much :tongue: but it was still a long and tiring day.
My test went alright but I didn't pass,(which means I couldn't take the literacy test)I missed it by 1 mark which is a bit upsetting and disappointing :frown:

Good luck to you and don't panic and stay calm; I think you'll have plenty of time,I did, so make sure you keep checking your answers and what the question is asking !! (I kept checking my answers but I didn't proof-read the questions properly).
Once again Good Luck, You'll be fine :smile:

P.s. Do let us know how it went for you

I'm ok thanks for asking. My appoint is now on Friday (long stories). I'm sorry to hear that! Take this for practical experience and do better next time. Was it ur first uni test to attend? Mine will be, so I'm trying to take it as it comes and learn from experience whatever the outcome will be. It's normal coz we all do that under exam pressure with clocking ticking by not reading the questions properly. I had two exams before xmas and we had to write 6-8 pages essay in an 1 hour! Crazy huh!! Teachers complained whole class hand writings were messy on exam papers,...but wat they expected (8 pages in 60 mins) lol
Thank u so much for ur help. How many questions and were there near similar to practice ones? I'm lit ok with maths but just worried with literacy side! Worried might be clueless on the subject they might hand it to me.

Which campus did you have your test at?
Reply 17
Original post by maria2894
Which campus did you have your test at?

South Bank

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending