The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
The "Monday Night War" Episodes from the Network are pretty good! Just watched 4. Hooked.

Original post by AR_95
[video="youtube;mr8mfBRsD2s"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mr8mfBRsD2s[/video]

I miss CM punk :frown:

We all do dude.
It was Rock's return in '11 in that got me tuning in again, but it was Punk who kept me watching. He's in my top 5 of all time.
Reply 642
Vince has balls though. To just let guys go like that. Hogan in the 90's. Savage. Lex. Hall / Nash. Brock. Austin. Bobby Lashley. CM Punk.

GOAT.
Reply 643
Original post by Bubzeh
Vince has balls though. To just let guys go like that. Hogan in the 90's. Savage. Lex. Hall / Nash. Brock. Austin. Bobby Lashley. CM Punk.

GOAT.

Could be argued that Punk left Vince
Reply 644
Original post by Kenan and Kel
It was Rock's return in '11 in that got me tuning in again, but it was Punk who kept me watching. He's in my top 5 of all time.

The Nexus got me interested again, tbh, but Punk got me hooked - you're spot on.
While it would take a major overhaul for me to watch WWE again, it was Bryan and Lesnar as champ that had me closest (but still very far) from watching more regularly, I guess I knew I would most often be entertained with them as the focus and their quality of matches.

I gave TNA a go and that lasted about 3 episodes.

Original post by Bubzeh

GOAT.

Several of those weren't Vince's choice. With all the control and manipulation that comes with classifying his employees as 'independent contractors', it gives guys like Punk and Austin the power to just say "**** you" and leave abruptly.

Hogan is a tough example, as there's many reasons he may have left WWF. A lot of people don't know that Hogan ended up getting booed often, I remember seeing a random YouTube video of a WWF title match with Hogan as champ and he was getting booed like Cena. 'Cena heat' should really be called 'Hogan heat', and I expect WWE will wipe Cena's boos from history and present him as a universally loved megastar.

Don't know what Lashley and Luger are doing in that list.
The end of the streak got me interested again surprisingly as I'm a Undertaker fan. I kinda stop following it in late 2010 and only got back into it this year.
I tuned in for the Nexus story because it went viral and I thought "Wow, they're on to something here, this could be great". After 2 episodes you could tell most of em were gonna be buried after the PPV and it was another " Superman Cena" situation :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 648
It was Rock vs Cena for me. Lesnar returning just made everything that much better
I wouldnt say anything in particular got me into ti, I got back into it around the time of Battleground/after it

I remember seeing Daniel Bryan and getting goosebumps. Ive never seen anything like it before. I still do.

And the Wyatt Family, I was like WTF is this.

In all honesty I think this isnt the best time to get back into WWE.

BTW got the Network. Its awesome. Loving Stone Cold and HHH interview. HHH being 100% honest and genuine.

Good to hear his comments after seeing him in the story as the guy calling the shots and knows whats going in.
Reply 650
Original post by ozzyoscy

Don't know what Lashley and Luger are doing in that list.

Hahaha.

Original post by somemightsay888
I tuned in for the Nexus story because it went viral and I thought "Wow, they're on to something here, this could be great". After 2 episodes you could tell most of em were gonna be buried after the PPV and it was another " Superman Cena" situation :sigh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

This. Biggest mistake of WWE this century imo.
Reply 651
Reigns vs. Bryan vs. Rollins announced for Fast Lane, with the winner going on to face Lesnar.

Massively risky from WWE - when Bryan loses, they risk alienating his entire fanbase even more. They undoubtedly won't be shoehorning him into the WM main event for a second year running, so it's likely that Reigns will pin Rollins and Bryan will give his support to Reigns' push via a handshake post-match, or promo on the following RAW or something.
Original post by Mackay
Reigns vs. Bryan vs. Rollins announced for Fast Lane, with the winner going on to face Lesnar.

Massively risky from WWE - when Bryan loses, they risk alienating his entire fanbase even more. They undoubtedly won't be shoehorning him into the WM main event for a second year running, so it's likely that Reigns will pin Rollins and Bryan will give his support to Reigns' push via a handshake post-match, or promo on the following RAW or something.

thought it was on raw last night the winner of Rollins V Bryan went to face Reigns at FL then winner of that faces Lesnar?

I would like to see a winner besides DB somewhere but the universe will want Bryan Bryan Bryan.

Bryan V Lesnar isnt a good set up for me, Lesnar needs another powerhouse like he is, not a submission running knee kinda guy.

As much as I like DB he aint the man to face Lesnar.
Reply 653
Scott is right It's Reigns vs Bryan...

WWE really putting them selves in a corner here but by making Bryan lose clean it's suicide. I think a certain some one will interfere to set his feud up for WM

I'm ten minutes in. Haitch is a lot more nervous than I thought he'd be. Or at least, he sounds nervous. Obviously starstruck with the Rattlesnake opposite him.

I'm ten minutes in. Haitch is a lot more nervous than I thought he'd be. Or at least, he sounds nervous. Obviously starstruck with the Rattlesnake opposite him.

i watched it this morning on the network? that had video too
Reply 656
Original post by AR_95

WWE really putting them selves in a corner here but by making Bryan lose clean it's suicide. I think a certain some one will interfere to set his feud up for WM

Bryan should face either Ziggler in a face vs. face respect match at WM31, or Lesnar. There's nobody else there for him.

Rollins will face Orton, Reigns should go on to face Lesnar. WWE can't do everything to appease Bryan's fanbase - he was given a shot last year. He's a remarkable wrestler, and the company's top babyface, but Reigns vs. Lesnar is a natural fit.

After that, have Reigns turn heel and align with Heyman once Lesnar departs for UFC. Then, have Bryan feud with him, eventually winning the title, only for Rollins to cash in - and who should be there to feud with Rollins for the summer once he wins the title? Dean Ambrose.
Looks like Ambrose is being pushed for the IC. Looks like if he wins he will be on another loose streak
Original post by heavyhandscott
i watched it this morning on the network? that had video too

Keep forgetting the Network's in the UK too! I don't have it.
Keep forgetting the Network's in the UK too! I don't have it.

Should get your free February man. Worth it. Just cancel your account before 1st march (it ends 28th) so you arent charged for march unless you want it.

Quick Reply

Latest