The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tennumbers
Yes I have been. Thanks for your concern. :h:

No problem :h:
I was on the bus today and an elderly man got on. No one bothered to get up and offer their seat, except a middle aged Muslim woman. Isn't that interesting...
Original post by HAnwar
I was on the bus today and an elderly man got on. No one bothered to get up and offer their seat, except a middle aged Muslim woman. Isn't that interesting...

Why would that be interesting?
Everyone, please remember me and the ummah in your du'as.

A du'a can be way more powerful than a paracetamol. :biggrin:
Reply 2824
Original post by childofthesun
Prsommm :lol:

hahaha that was soo funny lololol

im still laughing its sooo funny :toofunny:
(edited 9 years ago)
Everyone, please remember me and the ummah in your du'as.

A du'a can be way more powerful than a paracetamol. :biggrin:

True.
May allah give us all kheir in dunya and akhirah, and keep us steadfast.
And help us become successful in our lives insha Allah.
Original post by ko111
hahaha thay was soo funny lololol :rolleyes:

Lol!
Original post by Al-farhan
True.
May allah give us all kheir in dunya and akhirah, and keep us steadfast.
And help us become successful in our lives insha Allah.

Ameeen!
Reply 2828
AWW to all my brothers and sisters. I know a lot of people have trouble regarding exam revision/ preperation including my self who can`t seem to find the best way to revise. As you all know exams times can be very stressful so all the tips and advices is very beneficial. So I have put a link at the bottom where the Sheikh explains the best way to revise for exams as well as other things. May Allah make it easy for everyone who have exams coming up and who were revising for it. Hope all of you pass inshallah and make dua for me as well.
Jazakallah

http://youtu.be/WvgY8rz_a0Y - How to pass exams
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lostwanderer
Why would that be interesting?

We have more respect for the elderly than others.
It's not the first time I've seen it happen either.
Original post by HAnwar
I have to win lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes you can't, you might be right but you might not win.

Don't end up going in an endless circle of debate. Make one post, add in Qur'an verses, tafsir, fatwas etc... to back your point. And if he still doesn't believe it, then it's best to just end it. Make the most of the your time, giving it to that guy won't help anyone. In the time wasted you could be learning about your religion more, working on your studies etc... :tongue:
Was watching random youtube vids. Came across this one. Reminded me of pretty much every Pakistani marriage that I've fully attended.

[video="youtube;ZzYKxqttFzg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzYKxqttFzg[/video]
Original post by IdeasForLife
Hey Quantum. I would probably give them Quran 33:59 with the tafsir. Follow through with some fatwas.

Sorry for the lame reply. Never really needed to refute it in the past.

It's cool, brother

I just took a look at tafsir ibn kathir and this is what he says:

The Command of Hijab
Here Allah tells His Messenger to command the believing women -- especially his wives and daughters, because of their position of honor -- to draw their Jilbabs over their bodies, so that they will be distinct in their appearance from the women of the Jahiliyyah and from slave women. The Jilbab is a Rida', worn over the Khimar. This was the view of Ibn Mas`ud, `Ubaydah, Qatadah, Al-Hasan Al-Basri, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Ibrahim An-Nakha`i, `Ata' Al-Khurasani and others. It is like the Izar used today. Al-Jawhari said: "The Jilbab is the outer wrapper. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said that Allah commanded the believing women, when they went out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from above their heads with the Jilbab, leaving only one eye showing.

Have you ever heard of the one eye thing? I've never seen anyone practice that :s-smilie:
Original post by IdeasForLife
Sometimes you can't, you might be right but you might not win.

Don't end up going in an endless circle of debate. Make one post, add in Qur'an verses, tafsir, fatwas etc... to back your point. And if he still doesn't believe it, then it's best to just end it. Make the most of the your time, giving it to that guy won't help anyone. In the time wasted you could be learning about your religion more, working on your studies etc... :tongue:

Yeah that's true. Good point.
I've left it now so no worries :smile:
And thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by What_is_life
It's cool, brother

I just took a look at tafsir ibn kathir and this is what he says:

The Command of Hijab
Here Allah tells His Messenger to command the believing women -- especially his wives and daughters, because of their position of honor -- to draw their Jilbabs over their bodies, so that they will be distinct in their appearance from the women of the Jahiliyyah and from slave women. The Jilbab is a Rida', worn over the Khimar. This was the view of Ibn Mas`ud, `Ubaydah, Qatadah, Al-Hasan Al-Basri, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Ibrahim An-Nakha`i, `Ata' Al-Khurasani and others. It is like the Izar used today. Al-Jawhari said: "The Jilbab is the outer wrapper. `Ali bin Abi Talhah reported that Ibn `Abbas said that Allah commanded the believing women, when they went out of their houses for some need, to cover their faces from above their heads with the Jilbab, leaving only one eye showing.

Have you ever heard of the one eye thing? I've never seen anyone practice that :s-smilie:

Hmm

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh, I've seen the one eye thing in pics if that counts?
Let me know how it feels to have a continuous headache for over a week even after taking paracetamols every four hours. I'm not stupid.

Ugh I can't believe how stupid I am. Gonna whatsapp u the dua right now. Sorry marsi pars.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Ugh I can't believe how stupid I am. Gonna whatsapp u the dua right now. Sorry marsi pars.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not a problem. :hugs:

No I hadn't subhanAllah. JazakAllahu khayran. I saw he's doing a new series called 'Don't be sad'...have u seen it?
Dhirk eps are epic btw. Thanks for the upload.

Posted from TSR Mobile
[video="youtube;aptNmgUCD_M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aptNmgUCD_M[/video]

Latest

Trending

Trending