The Student Room Group

The Official TSR Fantasy Football League 2014/15

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
I used my wildcard but did the same with the Soton defenders.

As for aguero, against a very poor team like Hull he's the obvious captain choice.
Sturridge is unlikely to get a full game and the Merseyside derby is always unpredictable (see: jagielkaaaa...)
Kane could well destroy arsenal, but equally could be completely nullified.

Yeah there is no way I'm not captaining a 12.5 mil striker against one of the ****test teams in the league right now at home. Even if he gets 1 point, it's still the right choice.
Hart Krul
Clyne Wisdom Zouma Bellerin Van-Aanholt
Sanchez Hazard Puncheon Larsson Albrighton
Aguero Sturridge Berahino

Any thoughts?

Maybe I should stick with Kane over Berahino though..
Original post by ..DT..
Yeah there is no way I'm not captaining a 12.5 mil striker against one of the ****test teams in the league right now at home. Even if he gets 1 point, it's still the right choice.

please don't jinx it :frown:

Original post by Zerforax
Hart Krul

Any thoughts?

personally i'm not a big fan of city defensively.
they're amazing at times going forward but they always seem to concede, even if they win.
they haven't kept a CS in their last 6 league games.

defensively, a soton and WBA player is always a good choice.
in midfield, sanchez and a chelsea player (fab, oscar, hazard) is a must have - there's a bit more variety now though with players like eriksen, sterling, downing, etc...
up front, i have the same set-up; 2 expensive stars and 1 on form cheaper option (i have kane over berahino)

overall, you have a fairly balanced side however i feel like you could invest more in midfield at the expense of your defence.
sanchez and hazard are the only top consistent players that will regularly get you points whereas the others are certainly hindered by the quality of their respective teams.
Hart Krul

Any thoughts?

Yeah Kane seems fixture proof and his high ownership could hurt you. Zouma has started lately but for how long. Bellerin also seems first choice rb but Wenger does like Chambers. Mid seems a bit weak but guessing that's down to low team value? Also no point having Hart and krul. To much money invested there. Just stick with a 4.5 and 4 keeper. Pants is my choice as the 4.5 keeper.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lúcio
please don't jinx it :frown:

personally i'm not a big fan of city defensively.
they're amazing at times going forward but they always seem to concede, even if they win.
they haven't kept a CS in their last 6 league games.

defensively, a soton and WBA player is always a good choice.
in midfield, sanchez and a chelsea player (fab, oscar, hazard) is a must have - there's a bit more variety now though with players like eriksen, sterling, downing, etc...
up front, i have the same set-up; 2 expensive stars and 1 on form cheaper option (i have kane over berahino)

overall, you have a fairly balanced side however i feel like you could invest more in midfield at the expense of your defence.
sanchez and hazard are the only top consistent players that will regularly get you points whereas the others are certainly hindered by the quality of their respective teams.

Man City just have a very easy run of fixtures now but Hart is the only one who isn't at risk of being rotated out. Chelsea and Southampton are the only ones who are standout for clean sheets. Every other decent team have kept 7-8 clean sheets, including Man City. Usually I would've gone for a fullback like Zabaletta and Clichy but both are expensive and I think will get rotated with Sagna/Kolarov with the CL games returning.

Yea I've basically gone for 4 big hitters from 4 strong teams who are the core for my scoring. The defence is actually pretty cheap. Only Clyne and Hart are expensive at 5.8 and 6.1 but the other defenders are all 4.2, 4.2, 4.4 and 4.6 which is cheap.

To improve to the Oscars/Sterlings/Eriksen, I need around 8.5mil which I can't afford at the moment. The mid 6mil players like Downing, Sidgursson, Chadli, Henderson etc, I don't fancy their run of games or they're not in form so I've gone for slightly left field players who I think can do well in the short term.

Berahino isn't in form whereas Kane is but then Kane has some tough games and then misses a game week whereas Berahino could score in quick succession with his run of games. The only issue is I'm going to have to find 0.5 if I want to then go back to Kane from Berahinho in about 5 games time..
Original post by ArsenalWenger
Yeah Kane seems fixture proof and his high ownership could hurt you. Zouma has started lately but for how long. Bellerin also seems first choice rb but Wenger does like Chambers. Mid seems a bit weak but guessing that's down to low team value? Also no point having Hart and krul. To much money invested there. Just stick with a 4.5 and 4 keeper. Pants is my choice as the 4.5 keeper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have him at the moment but his next 3 games are tough and then he misses a gameweek so tempted to go with a differential for 5 gameweeks and then bring him back in..

Zouma is 5th choice as a punt for now. I think Bellerin will get a run from what the Arsenal fans have been saying.
Yea I don't have enough team value to stretch to a better 3rd and 4th midfield choice since Aguero/Sanchez/Hazard/Sturridge eat up 45.9mil. I have a low team value of 102.5mil.

All the cheap goalkeepers I'd potentially pick, I already have a defender from that team (WBA, Sunderland etc). I'll probably push Hart out eventually but I do think Man City will keep a run of clean sheets. None of the 4mil/4.1mil goalkeepers play. I like to rotate my options personally.
Original post by sr90
Yeh don't ditch Kane especially if you got him cheap. I don't like that defence, Zouma isn't nailed on and Hart isn't worth the money. I'd downgrade him and upgrade Larsson.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bought him in at 5.0 and now he's 6.0 so it would mean selling for 5.5mil and buying back at 6mil.. Dropping for 5 out of 15 is a pretty sizable chunk but 0.5mil is a lot of money.

Well Wisdom + Clyne/Bertrand is what most people have. I think Van Aanhalt is going to start regularly and the other two might get a decent run during an easy fixture list. Don't really see anyone else that I overly like at the moment.

Yea Larsson isn't a great choice but struggling with midfield players. I don't want to double up on Sterling/Sturridge or Eriksen/Kane which doesn't leave a lot of options.
Bought him in at 5.0 and now he's 6.0 so it would mean selling for 5.5mil and buying back at 6mil.. Dropping for 5 out of 15 is a pretty sizable chunk but 0.5mil is a lot of money.

Well Wisdom + Clyne/Bertrand is what most people have. I think Van Aanhalt is going to start regularly and the other two might get a decent run during an easy fixture list. Don't really see anyone else that I overly like at the moment.

Yea Larsson isn't a great choice but struggling with midfield players. I don't want to double up on Sterling/Sturridge or Eriksen/Kane which doesn't leave a lot of options.

Eriksen and Kane have both proved they are very reliable. Eriksen has proved it for 12 months now, and Kane is by far the best value cheap attacker.

Ospina £4.8

Hamer £4.0

van Aanholt £4.2
McAuley £4.8

Terry £6.7

Wisdom £4.4

Baird £3.9

Sánchez £11.3
Hazard £10.5

Eriksen £8.1

Cazorla £8.3

Di María £9.5

Agüero £12.5
Barnes £4.4

Kane £5.5

Very happy with my setup at the moment. 98 points was the highest points total on TSR this week too. That was after a terrible January. But my wildcard was right on the money. Looking for a Southampton defender to get in some point, so thinking Alderweireld when he returns, or maybe Targett if he's in for the next 3.

Original post by Gob Bluth
Eriksen and Kane have both proved they are very reliable. Eriksen has proved it for 12 months now, and Kane is by far the best value cheap attacker.

i agree - doubling up on kane and eriksen isn't actually a bad choice simply because they're cheap compared to doubling up on players from the other big teams (i.e: sturridge/sterling, costa/hazard, silva/aguero, etc..)

this is only my first season doing this, but i'm definitely getting the hang of it.
i'm around the 30s in rank; top 50 was my aim so it's looking decent :biggrin:
Ospina Foster
Clichy Clyne Wisdom Van-Aanholt Zouma
Aguero Sturridge Kane

If I take Clichy out and go for the cheapest defender at 3.8, and then try to upgrade Larsson, I have 7.5mil but I can't find one decent option that I like at that price.
The other option would be to drop one expensive player and split into two decent players instead.
really tempted to double on chelsea defense for this week.. villa are not seeming likely to score againts them.

But then it means taking a hit, because I already need to do a few changes to my midfield, so is it worth a 4pt hit, for a player that will likely only score 6 at best? does not seem worth it.

For my midfield, cazorla is in for sanchez temporarily, as I am not confident he will return next week, on bench at best.. and there will likely be a penality in the darby, (may not go to arsenal.. but there is a good chance)

Sterling is back in my team as well.. not sure if sturridge will start, but I have been really impressed with stirling hitting form again recently.. so he is back in replacing tadic, who did not work out at all as a differencial
also 3-5-2 this week, because there is no chance kane is playing for me, when he is playing arsenal
Might have to take a four point hit now with Alexis ruled out again

Posted from TSR Mobile
How long is Sanchez out for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fallen_acorns
also 3-5-2 this week, because there is no chance kane is playing for me, when he is playing arsenal

Remember what he did against Chelsea, I don't think I'll bench him again after that. I even know a few who benched him vs WBA last week. Don't let your bias get in the way!

Original post by ArsenalWenger
Might have to take a four point hit now with Alexis ruled out again

Posted from TSR Mobile

But for who? Cazorla? I'm tempted just to stick with and save the -4 but unsure..
Original post by Andy Ftw
Remember what he did against Chelsea, I don't think I'll bench him again after that. I even know a few who benched him vs WBA last week. Don't let your bias get in the way!

I always let my bias get in the way..

It costs me so many points each season :colondollar:

But well, I just dont care about doing well at FF enough for me to allow it to in any small way impact on how I feel about an arsenal game.. I dnt want any part of me thinking 'well, I hope kane scores'

Its stupid, but well, im happy to drop points for it
Walcott for Sanchez. Let the games begin...
Original post by fallen_acorns
I always let my bias get in the way..

It costs me so many points each season :colondollar:

But well, I just dont care about doing well at FF enough for me to allow it to in any small way impact on how I feel about an arsenal game.. I dnt want any part of me thinking 'well, I hope kane scores'

Its stupid, but well, im happy to drop points for it

But in the end if he scores then he scores, whether you benched him or not. Don't get me wrong, I feel exactly the same way with my players sometimes but :tongue:

But for who? Cazorla? I'm tempted just to stick with and save the -4 but unsure..

Was thinking theo or Silva since I got cazorla in last week. Thing with Sanchez is we could be sitting here next week and he's ruled out again then that's just losing money in regards to his selling price. He's already dropped by 0.2 aswell :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm keeping him unless he's out long term, I got him when he was 10.3 so it doesn't really bother me if his value falls. They've got an easy home game Tuesday so hopefully he's back for that.

If not then Walcott, Cazorla even Ozil is looking tempting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest