The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shannon_1997
Yeah i think post graduate you have to pay but undergraduate you don't :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PGDIP Nursing is NHS funded course aslong as you haven't gotten NHS funding for your previous undergraduate degree you should qualify for the funding.
Do you have to sit a test for dmu uni?
Reply 1542
Original post by Navpreet75

I didn't have to sit for mine, Mental Health Nursing.
Original post by Awujo

How long did it take dmu to get back to you? :smile:
Original post by Awujo

Really how was the interview what questions did they ask if u dont mind me asking?
Reply 1545
Original post by janec1
How long did it take dmu to get back to you? :smile:

After the interview, it took 2 days. I applied in September and got an interview in November. Good luck. X
Reply 1546
Really how was the interview what questions did they ask if u dont mind me asking?

The day was fun, I had an amazing time, actually the best interview I went to. It was quite personal and just normal questions like: why mental health nursing and also nursing news I heard of, they also give you a scenario,just be yourself and interact with other people. X
Original post by Awujo
The day was fun, I had an amazing time, actually the best interview I went to. It was quite personal and just normal questions like: why mental health nursing and also nursing news I heard of, they also give you a scenario,just be yourself and interact with other people. X

Aww that sounds really good mines tomorrow for ld nursing.
Original post by j_flower3
I've got an interview from Canterbury soon for child nursing. Hopefully you will hear soon as they are responding to applications now. When did you submit your application?

I applied in November, and still haven't heard back from them.. when did you apply? :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by jade97x
I have not heard from Canterbury have you and yeah Greenwhich is good very basic maths and then need to write an essay x

what do you have to write an essay on?
Original post by sophieporteous
hi has anybody applied for children's nursing at Worcester? Have interview Wednesday and have been told to take an object (not a photo) to show my passion for nursing and I'm so stuck :/ i am currently working for birmingham childrens hospital and going to uni to complete my foundation degree but what can i take, like to take something personal that shows a bit of my personality but just don't know? any help please xx

Hi, I'm applying for children's nursing at Worcester uni and I have an interview tomorrow. I'm still stuck on the object too, it's hard to try and think of something to take. Lots are taking watches and shoes etc. Where else have you applied to?
Reply 1551
Aww that sounds really good mines tomorrow for ld nursing.

Good luck, just be calm and chat to other applicants, it ll help. X

I didn't for children's nursing x
Hi I'm applying for adult nursing at Christchurch. Have got an interview Monday :smile:. Does anyone else have one that day there? :smile: x
Original post by CharlotteFoulcer
Hi I'm applying for adult nursing at Christchurch. Have got an interview Monday :smile:. Does anyone else have one that day there? :smile: x

How long did it take for them to get back to you? I applied in November for nursing and haven't heard anything
Reply 1555
anybody heard back from bournemouth yet regarding january interviews? anyone been declined or offered a place?
Hi I have an interview for Manchester for childrens on the 25th of February anyone got one on that day? Also anyone have an offer for Brighton for childrens?
Original post by Awujo
Good luck, just be calm and chat to other applicants, it ll help. X

Thanks for the advice and help x :smile:
Hi I applied in December, think there's quite a few interviews though so they probably haven't finished getting back to people yet :smile: x
Mixed outcomes today! Rejected from the University of Edinburgh as they don't accept my qualification but an offer from Southampton which I'm delighted with :smile:

Quick Reply