The Student Room Group

A-level School League Tables 2014 - How did your school fare?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/leaguetables/11374651/A-level-school-league-tables-2014-compare-your-schools-performance.html

The college I currently attend got a 'C' grade average last year and their average points score was below the national average going by these tables...

% of AAB students who took at least 2 traditional subjects remained at 6%.

All in all, my college seems to have fared much better than the newly opened sixth form of my old high school, which has already been placed under special measures. 👍

Scroll to see replies

37% of students at my old school got at least AAB at A Level, which is really good compared to the comprehensive next door. Apparently no students got at least AAB there :redface:
52% AAB with two facilitating subjects
1115.4 average point score :smile:

Reply 3
Interesting.... 77% AAB with 2 facilitating subjects, 1428 average points :redface:
Original post by Joey...
Interesting.... 77% AAB with 2 facilitating subjects, 1428 average points :redface:

1428?! :zomg: that's more than twice as high as that of my college...709 :rofl: You must go to one of the leading schools in the country. 77% AAB is quite astonishing^^
Original post by super_kawaii
37% of students at my old school got at least AAB at A Level, which is really good compared to the comprehensive next door. Apparently no students got at least AAB there :redface:

Actually, there might have been students who had gotten AAB+ at the comprehensive school you mentioned, but they would not have gotten it with (at least) 2 facilitating subjects at A-level.

Looks like everybody and their dog went to a really good school on TSR... :tongue:
As if the Perse School came 51st my school is the best anyway, we only withdrew from the school rankings because our school felt sorry for the others :yep:
Reply 7
Original post by thatitootoo
1428?! :zomg: that's more than twice as high as that of my college...709 :rofl: You must go to one of the leading schools in the country. 77% AAB is quite astonishing^^

Yeah... but I know what my school is like, so when I saw the stats my first thought was 'how did a whole 23% of people get *less* than AAB?' ...I live in a bubble I guess :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
47%. That seems quite low though :L
727 average point score, 3% AAB.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Format is totally unuseable on an iPhone. Tried looking at the table but couldn't find my sixth form college, probably because it is a sixth form college rather than a secondary school/sixth form
Avg point score (per FT student): 708.4
AAB: 10%
Original post by neal95
Format is totally unuseable on an iPhone. Tried looking at the table but couldn't find my sixth form college, probably because it is a sixth form college rather than a secondary school/sixth form

It worked just fine on mine :redface: And all further education places that offer A-levels with more than at least 10? people enrolled, will be on the list. But apparently some peivate school can choose to opt out^^
Original post by thatitootoo
It worked just fine on mine :redface: And all further education places that offer A-levels with more than at least 10? people enrolled, will be on the list. But apparently some peivate school can choose to opt out^^

Ahh okay thanks I will try again then!
Perhaps these results statistics could provide you guys with some confidence/inspiration during this very hard time 😜
700 point score, 4% AAB + 2 facilitating subjects. Bog standard I guess.
801.8 point score, 16% get AAB+.

In my last school, 0% got AAB+.
0% AAB+, D+ overall.

That being said, the last year wasn't too bright.
Reply 18
26% obtain AAB.

I go to a good comprehensive school/sixth form.
1% AAB+ and average point score of 511.

Not so good then :redface:

Quick Reply