The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
In fairness I don't think therapy is supposed to be like going to Alton Towers…although that would be amazing :colondollar:

Spoiler

haha! I know :smile:.. it doesn't have to be colourful but maybe a bit brighter.. like TSR.. white and clean..

"How are you feeling today?" the therapist said as she hurtled down the rollercoaster
I see there's been a new thread. I was anon1 on the last one. No idea what I'll be now. I did say I was leaving (and I am) but I had to post one more update.

I mentioned that I was joining a brass band, was terrified, was having second thoughts, was considering pulling out etc etc. Anyhow. Yesterday was my first rehearsal. Yeah I was scared, but I went. I walked into a room full of people and spoke to some. Go me.

And I'm going back :smile:.
Original post by Pathway
Feel so alone on campus. I hate it. :frown:

I know that feeling :sadnod: since I'm resitting I never see the people I went to uni with the last 2 years, and I don't know any of the people who's year im in now

---

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I see there's been a new thread. I was anon1 on the last one. No idea what I'll be now. I did say I was leaving (and I am) but I had to post one more update.

I mentioned that I was joining a brass band, was terrified, was having second thoughts, was considering pulling out etc etc. Anyhow. Yesterday was my first rehearsal. Yeah I was scared, but I went. I walked into a room full of people and spoke to some. Go me.

well done!!:jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Subbing... :ninja:
Original post by Anonymous #2
You have to go in and book an appointment :eek3: :eek3: :eek3: For some reason April/May is my brain's favourite time for a meltdown so if I'm still not feeling great before then I'll definitely go. The :poke: is awesome, could do with somebody following me and prodding me with a stick :colondollar:

Hope you manage sleep :yep: :hugs:

Aww that's a shame they don't have online-y-ness - is it near to your department/easy to get to? :smile: See how this week goes then pop in? :redface: Haha, I love some of the emotes on here :tongue: Wish they were everywhere/on facebook and stuff :colondollar:

Thanks - hope your day's going well today :hugs:

Original post by SweetNothing
Thank you! :hugs: I hope you feel better!

Original post by PandaWho
Not rushing into getting the fish though, going to follow tips and have the tank set up for about a month before getting the fish so its perfect for them :smile:
Proper excited!

:woo:
Got to be a human tomorrow :s-smilie:

Food talk...

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
Well not just the trolls but i'd rather lose the site as a whole rather than face triggering manipulative pricks every day

I hope you're alright man? Good luck with the tests :smile:

Can you block yourself from chat or something? Or the H&R but not mental health? Don't know :s-smilie:
Thanks - test went better than I thought, sort of. Hope you're okay too :hugs:

Slept pretty well I think, feeling exhausted though. Planning on going into the city in a bit and picking up a few things. Thought I'd buy something nice for myself cause of results. Having annoying 'If I'd done X then I could have gotten a 2:1' thoughts which is silly and pointless. blah.

Original post by ScaryScience
Gah, that was me!

Definitely treat yourself :smile: :eek: Ask Rob about the script thing? - is good/handy! :redface:
:hugs:

Original post by Pathway
Feel so alone on campus. I hate it. :frown:

:frown: :hugs:

TW abuse

Spoiler

Anon #5!! :eek: :smile:
Well done for going - that's really good :woo: What instrument? :eek: :redface:

I didn't catch/see the post of you saying you were leaving, but please don't feel as though you need to/you are always welcome back here! :smile: :hugs:

-----------------------------------------------------

Test was better than expected, almost didn't go, but decided I probably *should*, and glad that I did cos were 5/100 marks just for writing down your name and year/dept! :colondollar: Pretty much guessed most of it, but oh well.

Read book during 2nd lecture, then decided I should just go home. Sneezing and bleh everywhere :/ so tired :s-smilie:
Went to charity shop on way back, bought a DVD, but main disc wasn't in there :mad: can't be bothered to go back/was a £1 to charity I suppose, but just a pain :s-smilie:
Sorry, rambling.

Still quite stuck about what to do with society elections, but thinking I'll probably enjoy whatever I get so I suppose slightly more settled.
Hope everyone's okay :hugs:
Treats sound like a really good plan hun :smile:
You honestly did really well, your ill remember, and IIRC you thought youd failed and you far from failed sweetie! Im proud of you and i know you can do this and graduate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks hun... settled for some bath bombs. One of them is a unicorn horn! :eek: prettyyyy :h: I did a bit better than I was anticipated, but just a bit worried cause got some bad modules coming up and I really want a 2:1 :/

also

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck

What instrument?

I didn't catch/see the post of you saying you were leaving, but please don't feel as though you need to/you are always welcome back here! :smile: :hugs:

I play the cornet in a brass band :smile:.

The reason I don't want to post anymore is because I feel as though I was making it part of a self fulfilling prophecy. One of my things is that I need to get up and out - it helps me - and being here made me feel as though I needed to read all of the posts, and I found it a bit triggering when people struggle.. I know it's probably weak of me to just blank it out lol but getting on with things (though I know it's not an option to everybody) seems to work best for me.

This forum was very helpful for me while I was in such a difficult place, but now personal situations have calmed down somewhat, I feel as though I am back to where I was before - not 100% but not particularly low either - and staying on here was almost allowing myself to wallow.. if that makes sense!! No doubt I'll be back at some point though :smile:.

Now that I've spoken to people, started taking my St John's Wort, and learned some coping mechanisms, things are not as bad as they were before and I'm sure they will carry on getting better (particularly as the nights draw out as my mood is always lower when it's darker).
Aww that's a shame they don't have online-y-ness - is it near to your department/easy to get to? :smile: See how this week goes then pop in? :redface: Haha, I love some of the emotes on here :tongue: Wish they were everywhere/on facebook and stuff :colondollar:

:woo:

Spoiler

Can you block yourself from chat or something? Or the H&R but not mental health? Don't know :s-smilie:
Thanks - test went better than I thought, sort of. Hope you're okay too :hugs:

Definitely treat yourself :smile: :eek: Ask Rob about the script thing? - is good/handy! :redface:

Anon #5!! :eek: :smile:
Well done for going - that's really good :woo: What instrument? :eek: :redface:

Test was better than expected, almost didn't go, but decided I probably *should*, and glad that I did cos were 5/100 marks just for writing down your name and year/dept! :colondollar: Pretty much guessed most of it, but oh well.

Read book during 2nd lecture, then decided I should just go home. Sneezing and bleh everywhere :/ so tired :s-smilie:
Went to charity shop on way back, bought a DVD, but main disc wasn't in there :mad: can't be bothered to go back/was a £1 to charity I suppose, but just a pain :s-smilie:
Sorry, rambling.

Still quite stuck about what to do with society elections, but thinking I'll probably enjoy whatever I get so I suppose slightly more settled.

thanks - settled for some bath bombs in the end :h: don't actually have a bath here but just love the smell and saving them for when I go back for easter. yeah think I will have to... so annoying :s-smilie: hope you're okay, well done for exam :hugs:
Feel horrible. Had a lab briefing today that's worth 40% of a module and nothing went into my head. Physically can't concentrate or make sense of anything. I feel so numb and my head doesn't feel right. :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Feel horrible. Had a lab briefing today that's worth 40% of a module and nothing went into my head. Physically can't concentrate or make sense of anything. I feel so numb and my head doesn't feel right. :bawling:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So sorry to hear that hun :hugs: I know how horrible it can be when you don't feel 'right'. Anything I can do to help?
So sorry to hear that hun :hugs: I know how horrible it can be when you don't feel 'right'. Anything I can do to help?

Gah! If anyone sees a post by Anon #4 then it's me!

Yeah, it's just over the road from my main building I think. Might do, thanks :smile:

Glad your test went well.

Original post by ScaryScience
Gah! If anyone sees a post by Anon #4 then it's me!

I don't think so, thanks though :smile: Feel a bit better now I'm at home and in my pyjamas. Was going to start the lab tonight so I can get on with my other assignments but I think I'm just going to leave it because I imagine it'll make me feel worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: Here if you want to talk? Not concentrating/understanding anything is horrible :redface: Hope you're ok :s-smilie::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
:jumphug: Here if you want to talk? Not concentrating/understanding anything is horrible :redface: Hope you're ok :s-smilie::hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might do in a bit if I develop the ability to think again soon :ninja: We were talking about that the other day :tongue: Cheers, hope you're ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed you can. You have to post in AAM and community team (CT) can sort that out for you.
Might do in a bit if I develop the ability to think again soon :ninja: We were talking about that the other day :tongue: Cheers, hope you're ok :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you do, could you tell me how please? Would be kind of helpful :colondollar: Yeah :redface: But anyways, will be on and off for the next couple of hours or so probably so whenever :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I know that feeling :sadnod: since I'm resitting I never see the people I went to uni with the last 2 years, and I don't know any of the people who's year im in now

---

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is my year group, but I just find it so hard to talk to people, I mean I have friends - but they don't really seem to want to meet up outside of lectures and stuff like that. If you need someone to talk to though, you can always message me. :h:

Sorry, rambling.

:hugs: Well done on the test!

-----

Food

Spoiler

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 338

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 339