The Student Room Group

Who is your inspiration?

Scroll to see replies

Brian May. Guitarist for one of the most well known bands of all time in Queen and a PhD in astrophysics as well.
Stephen Hawking - Despite having a severe physical disability, he's never let his disability hold him back, and he's achieved more than what most people will ever achieve in life. When I see people like Stephen Hawking, it makes me appreciate how fortunate I truly am, but it also leaves me in awe of just how powerful the human spirit can be.
Comte, Ataturk, pretty much everyone from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Academia_Brasileira_de_Letras
My sister.
The group spirit of Bombay Bicycle Club
Maverick Sabre.
My parents
Heath Ledger :rip:
Original post by Nuclear Ghost
Richard Feynman. An inspiring, charismatic, world-changing physicist who influenced me immensely. He's the main reason I got so far academically.

How about Walter Lewin?
I love Feynman lectures by the way,but Walter stills my inspiration.
I don't have an inspiration really, although certain films have inspired me such as Dead Poets Society & Forrest Gump :tongue:
Arnold.
My mother, coz she's a grafter. My sisters coz they are also grafters and are doing things that directly impact upon the world. My priest (well, he's not actually my priest but I've claimed him as my own :tongue: ) coz he cracks me up :jebus:
Original post by Powpowpowpowpow
I haven't felt inspired by anybody.

Dunno who up-voted me but it's not something to be proud of. I'd love to know what it feels like to be inspired.
Original post by Oumaima1
How about Walter Lewin?
I love Feynman lectures by the way,but Walter stills my inspiration.

Also a fine choice. I also love Sean Carroll!
Also a fine choice. I also love Sean Carroll!

Have you read Feynman's book?
I always use this book as a reference when i don't understand the concept of a principle,he
Makes it so simple..For Walter,his lectures are a piece of art,you can bring anyone at any age and may understand physics quiet well.This man changed my perception towards physics.
Which Feynman book? Be specific.
Which Feynman book? Be specific.

It s called ''Feynman lectures on physics'' ! :smile:
Brian Molko (lead singer of Placebo)
Richard Feynman. An inspiring, charismatic, world-changing physicist who influenced me immensely. He's the main reason I got so far academically.

Besides Richard Feynman, I would say probably Paul Dirac.
He was arguably the best British theoretical physicist since Newton.
Original post by Oumaima1
It s called ''Feynman lectures on physics'' ! :smile:

I love those. :smile: As you said, he explained even the most complex of ideas so acutely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love those. :smile: As you said, he explained even the most complex of ideas so acutely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Art !I am always amazed by Walter ,sometimes he does experiments across his audience in which he risks his life..have you ever watched that? It's crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest