The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Claros
I know, my brother and my friend heard back from Bath about a month ago (both from a different course and both unsuccessful, unfortunately) so I'm wondering what's taking them so long. Just wondering what grades you achieved at AS and if you're applying to the same course or the BSc?

I've applied for the 3 year BSc (no placement) - I'm not sure if that puts me at more of a disadvantage? Someone at my school applied for the exact same course and received their offer a good few months ago 😰

If Bath gave me an offer I don't even know if I'd firm it - I just want to hear back from them soon!

I got 3 As last year - you?
Original post by sarahelizabeth18
I've applied for the 3 year BSc (no placement) - I'm not sure if that puts me at more of a disadvantage? Someone at my school applied for the exact same course and received their offer a good few months ago ������

If Bath gave me an offer I don't even know if I'd firm it - I just want to hear back from them soon!

I got 3 As last year - you?

I got 2 As 2 Bs (though the Bs were only 1-2 UMS off As)

I don't think you'll be put at a disadvantage and maybe that person managed to send theirs in before a huge influx of applications came in? That might explain why they got an offer so early.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Claros
I got 2 As 2 Bs (though the Bs were only 1-2 UMS off As)

I don't think you'll be put at a disadvantage and maybe that person managed to send theirs in before a huge influx of applications came in? That might explain why they got an offer so early.

That's a good point actually - I've heard that many universities send out offers in batches, so hopefully they'll reply to the next lot of applicants soon and we'll be put out of our misery :tongue:

Your grades are good! Sounds like you stand a good chance of receiving a place :redface:
That's a good point actually - I've heard that many universities send out offers in batches, so hopefully they'll reply to the next lot of applicants soon and we'll be put out of our misery :tongue:

Your grades are good! Sounds like you stand a good chance of receiving a place :redface:

Your grades are good too. Best of luck and I hope you get an offer :smile:
I submitted my application in October and have gotten 2 offers and still waiting on my first choice. It's driving me crazy!!!! They've given out offers to others (who handed it in way later than me) it's just so annoying haha I'm desperate to know :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Claros
Your grades are good too. Best of luck and I hope you get an offer :smile:

You too - good luck!! :biggrin:
I sent off my application in November, have got offers from Exeter, Nottingham and Manchester :smile: Still waiting on Bath and Edinburgh though, it seems they like to take their time with replying to applications hehe :frown:
Ah okay - congrats :smile:
I'm just waiting to hear from Bath now and I'm starting to get impatient, but in that case hopefully I'll find out their decision soon enough...

Thanks!!

I am waiting too! Have you heard back from them yet?
Original post by gutlining
I am waiting too! Have you heard back from them yet?

Nope, still waiting! :/

Which uni are you thinking of firming at the moment?
Reply 949
Any recent Kings college London offers? If so, what are your predicted grades? :smile:
Original post by A-J-
Any recent Kings college London offers? If so, what are your predicted grades? :smile:

Me! :biggrin: predicted A*AA (but still waiting for UCL to reply)
Reply 951
Original post by sabinaraus
Me! :biggrin: predicted A*AA (but still waiting for UCL to reply)

Congrats!!
Original post by bdavies6
Has anyone heard back from Durham for straight c800 psychology??? I know lots have for applied but I'm still waiting for straight psych! Anybody know I'm freaking out!!!

Yep, got an offer this afternoon, as did my boyfriend (although not for psych). Durham seems to have sent out a big chunk today, which is very nice of them! :biggrin:
Original post by A-J-
Congrats!!

Thank youu! :smile:
Just firmed Goldsmith University on UCAS. So exciting!
offer from leeds :eek: never in a million years believed i'd be considered
Original post by Pheebles
Yep, got an offer this afternoon, as did my boyfriend (although not for psych). Durham seems to have sent out a big chunk today, which is very nice of them! :biggrin:

When did you send your application off??
Original post by Pheebles

WELL DONE tho!!!
Original post by 12345tf
Got rejected from UCL
AAB offer from Royal Holloway
Unconditional offer from Queen Marys
Waiting for Kings
AAB offer from Manchester

Hi I'm so sorry to hear about UCL. I wanted to ask you when did UCL send in you're reply. Also I got rejected from royal holloway (my 5th choice) so I'm worried of the others reject me. (UCL, Durham, St andrews, bath)
I studied in india and got the following marks (equivalent to our a-levels)
English:85%
History:88%
Economics:92%
Psychology:93%
Geography:96%

also what grade did you get in GCSE maths.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bdavies6
When did you send your application off??

WELL DONE tho!!!

Haha thanks, so excited :biggrin: Early November, so that doesn't really help you, sorry :frown: Just keep the faith that they will respond soon with good news - when you get your offer really has nothing to do with how strong of an applicant you are, so stay positive! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest