The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Course: Law
College: Don't know yet, open offer
Outcome: Unconditional
How you feel: :eek: <-- That smiley sums it up

By the way any one else with an open offer?? Really curious to know which college I will get. :smile:
Reply 981
Original post by Cyduck

By the way any one else with an open offer?? Really curious to know which college I will get. :smile:

I have an open offer for psychology, it feels really strange doesn't it! Where did you interview? I was at Brasenose, I feel kind of sad that I probably won't go there as I've now lost all sense of familiarity, but also excited as it's like waiting for a big surprise!
Original post by Cyduck

Yes! I have an open offer for Medicine. I applied to Brasenose which I just love, and also got interviewed at Exeter, but my open offer is from Queens! Weird right?!
Congrats though!! I'm still in shock a month later :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 983
Original post by procrastibaker
Yes! I have an open offer for Medicine. I applied to Brasenose which I just love, and also got interviewed at Exeter, but my open offer is from Queens! Weird right?!

Congratulations to you too!
Hahahaha I got interviewed at Queens, obviously getting another college now. :P
How did you find out your open offer was from Queens? I was told I'd find out near August.
Reply 984
Original post by Yaz97
I have an open offer for psychology, it feels really strange doesn't it! Where did you interview? I was at Brasenose, I feel kind of sad that I probably won't go there as I've now lost all sense of familiarity, but also excited as it's like waiting for a big surprise!

It does feel strange yes, kinda like waiting for a birthday present.
You know its going to be good, just don't know what degree of good-ness. :P
I was at Queens.
Reply 985

What dates were you at Brasenose? I was there 14th - 16th and I think there may have been medics there, although I spent most of my time in my room so I probably didn't speak to you even if you were there :') still nice to hear from another Brasenose applicant though, there aren't many on here!
Reply 986
Original post by Cyduck
It does feel strange yes, kinda like waiting for a birthday present.
You know its going to be good, just don't know what degree of good-ness. :P
I was at Queens.

Are you disappointed at all that your offer isn't from Queen's or were you not too fussy in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 987
Original post by Yaz97
Are you disappointed at all that your offer isn't from Queen's or were you not too fussy in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't too fussed, had applied to Queen's because I had a friend in the year above, heard the food was good, and its centrally located.
Reply 988
Original post by Cyduck
Wasn't too fussed, had applied to Queen's because I had a friend in the year above, heard the food was good, and its centrally located.

Ahh, so was it nice there? When I went for the open day the atmosphere at Queen's seemed really cold to me, I didn't like it at all :/ although the lawns were impeccably mown.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 989
Original post by Yaz97
Ahh, so was it nice there? When I went for the open day the atmosphere at Queen's seemed really cold to me, I didn't like it at all :/ although the lawns were impeccably mown.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was really great there, can't speak for the open day but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
The seniors helping out were super nice and so were the other applicants, thought it was a really fun atmosphere. Maybe that is just interview time though.
Reply 990
Original post by Cyduck
It was really great there, can't speak for the open day but I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
The seniors helping out were super nice and so were the other applicants, thought it was a really fun atmosphere. Maybe that is just interview time though.

Aww I'm glad you had such a good time! It was probably just a one off at the open day, I think it was later on so people were tired and most visitors had left, plus the tutor I spoke to was a bit intimidating, which probably made it seem worse on reflection. There did seem to be a recurring theme of everyone thinking their college is the best, which is good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by J3SS742
Oooh, hi fellow Pembroke offer holder! Congrats on your offer :smile: I got an offer for Biochemistry at Pembroke and completely feel the same way, it really hasnt sunk in yet that hopefully in October I'll be going to Oxford :biggrin:

Hi - congrats on your offer! I haven't seen anyone else with an offer from Pembroke; apparently it's quite a small college?
Just got an invite to a post offer open day at my college, hopefully should help me figure out whether to firm it or Durham :smile:
Original post by Naomi12
Just got an invite to a post offer open day at my college, hopefully should help me figure out whether to firm it or Durham :smile:

which college might u be going to?:smile:
Original post by personage
which college might u be going to?:smile:

Regent's Park - it gets quite a few reallocated students, so I think they're doing the open day as quite a few might not have seen the college or been there for interview :smile:
Reply 995
Original post by mercurien
Hi - congrats on your offer! I haven't seen anyone else with an offer from Pembroke; apparently it's quite a small college?

Aww thanks! :biggrin: Yeah Ive only seen a couple of people with offers from Pembroke, but yeah I think its nice that its quite small cause hopefully we'll get to know everyone :smile: was Pembroke your first choice?
Original post by Yaz97
What dates were you at Brasenose? I was there 14th - 16th and I think there may have been medics there, although I spent most of my time in my room so I probably didn't speak to you even if you were there :') still nice to hear from another Brasenose applicant though, there aren't many on here!

Yeah I was there from the 13th to the 15th! I may have seen you around the JCR who knows :wink: I totally love Brasenose, I stayed there for a week on the UNIQ summer school too plus the people are lovely :biggrin: Of course I'm over the moon/ amazed I have an offer from any college in Oxford (I'm actually very thankful just to have an offer for Medicine :colondollar:)
What did you apply for? :smile:
Original post by Cyduck
Congratulations to you too!
Hahahaha I got interviewed at Queens, obviously getting another college now. :P
How did you find out your open offer was from Queens? I was told I'd find out near August.

I mean it's been underwritten by Queens - I have no idea how I ended up receiving it from Queens considering I didn't have an interview there, haha, but I'm still insanely happy of course and it's still an open offer - so I can end up anywhere! Exciting :biggrin:
Reply 998
I mean it's been underwritten by Queens - I have no idea how I ended up receiving it from Queens considering I didn't have an interview there, haha, but I'm still insanely happy of course and it's still an open offer - so I can end up anywhere! Exciting :biggrin:

How did you find out it is underwritten by Queens though?
Reply 999
Yeah I was there from the 13th to the 15th! I may have seen you around the JCR who knows :wink: I totally love Brasenose, I stayed there for a week on the UNIQ summer school too plus the people are lovely :biggrin: Of course I'm over the moon/ amazed I have an offer from any college in Oxford (I'm actually very thankful just to have an offer for Medicine :colondollar:)
What did you apply for? :smile:

It's a strange thought! The people were definitely my favourite aspect of Brasenose - very friendly and down to earth :smile: where else have you had offers from? I applied for psychology and got an open offer :biggrin: and to answer what you said about how your offer could be underwritten by Queen's, I would imagine it's simply because they have the capacity... although that is just a guess, there may be another reason but that's probably the most likely.

Latest