The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

The rights of a muslim upon a fellow muslim

The prophet pbuh said:
حق المسلم على المسلم ست: إذا لقيته فسلِّم عليه , وإذا دعاك فأجبه , وإذا استنصحك فانصح له , وإذا عطس فحَمِد الله فشمِّته , وإذا مرض فعُدْه , وإذا مات فاتبعه
The right of a muslim upon a muslim are six:
- If you meet him then you must greet him
-If he calls you over to visit then you must accept
-If he asks for your aid and advice then you must offer him advice (not say how much will you give me for this piece of advice)
-If he sneezes and says alhamdulilah you should say to him yarhamuka Allahu
-If he gets ill you must visit him
-And if he dies you must follow in his janazah

That is the true brotherhood, brotherhood in life and even after death.
Original post by ThatMuslimGuy
When our sisters are deprived from the right to come to the mosques, or given sub-standard accommodations and treated disrespectfully, it is only natural that some of them will take matters into their own hands and counter-react.

Some of that counter-reaction will be legitimate, and some illegitimate.

Rather than worry about what various counter-reactions have been and how legal they are, I believe we need to concentrate on the root cause of the problem. It is an undeniable reality that women's prayer spaces (in those masjids that actually have them - for quite a few masjids still don't even have such spaces) are less accessible, less clean, and less maintained than the men's sections. Women have to deal with crying children, bad microphones, no visual access to the Imam/khatib, dank hallways to get in and out, and many other issues. Perhaps the worst issue of all: too many of our brothers comment on what they assume is inappropriate clothing when our sisters come to the masjid. This makes many sisters feel uncomfortable simply coming to the masjid.

In a day and age where our sisters are going everywhere, visible everywhere, active everywhere, the BEST place for them to be is in the masjid, praying to Allah, and being with fellow Muslims, and learning about their faith. Rather than believe that they should stay home, we need to contextualize our environment and ENCOURAGE our sisters to come to the most blessed places in their cities: their mosques. We need to make sister's facilities as neat and clean and well-lit and accessible as the brothers. We either put them in the same hall as the men (as was the case in the time of the Prophet (SAW), behind the men), or provide state of the art AV access to the lectures/khutbah. We need separate rooms (also with AV) for sisters with young infants so that others can also pray and listen in peace. And most importantly, we need to tell our men that it is not THEIR business (unless a family man is dealing with his own wife/daughter) how other women dress. Let the people in charge of the masjid deal with dress codes.

Frankly, in this day and age, if a sister actually comes to the masjid (rather than going shopping or watching a movie or doing any other activity), we should WELCOME her, have the sisters get to know her, and make her feel special. Her priority is not the scarf on her head but her attachment to Allah. Once she feels that attachment, the rest will follow.

Our sisters in faith are our mothers, wives, and daughters. How can we treat them any less than we expect to be treated ourselves in this regard? And how can we deprive them of coming to the masjid when our Prophet (SAW) explicitly forbade it in his own time, and our time requires even more spirituality and education for them?!

- Dr Yasir Qadhi

Yes the Prophet SAW said do not stop them from coming to the mosques...
But in the time of Omar ra, he did not allow women to come to the mosque... And Aisha ra agreed with him and said that if the Prophet SAW would have done the same if he was here... And that was the time of sahaabah...a time about which the Prophet SAW said that if a man were to fail to uphold a tenth of his religion... he will be punished for it...
What we can say about the situation now... That is strife with so much vice... A time about which the Prophet SAW said that if someone were to uphold even a tenth of his religion he will be rewarded...

( the hadith goes to the nearest meaning that the time is such that if one were to fail to uphold a tenth of his religion he will be punished for it... And a time will come where if a man were to uphold even a tenth of his religion he will be rewarded... Taken from a speech by sheikh anwar awlaki.... We can only assume that time is near or already upon us)
Mutilating the dead:
كسر عظم الميت ككسره حياً
the prophet pbuh said:
Breaking the bone(s) of the dead is as forbidden as breaking the bones of the living.
(sunan Abu-dawud, sunan ibn-majah)
Does anyone know good vids where I can study the seerah of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam? Not books as I'm finding it hard to get my hands on English books these days.
Yasir Qadhris seerah series on youtube.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by beautifulxxx
Does anyone know good vids where I can study the seerah of the Prophet sallallahu alayhi wasalam? Not books as I'm finding it hard to get my hands on English books these days.

Check out Yasir Qadhi's series on youtube.
(edited 9 years ago)

Awesome! :cool: Dr. Yasir Qadhi is starting to become a fav Islamic speaker of mine. :biggrin:
Original post by Ankabout
Awesome! :cool: Dr. Yasir Qadhi is starting to become a fav Islamic speaker of mine. :biggrin:

Yeah same here :smile:
Not a big fan of Yasir Qadhi.

Why?!

lol
I've heard weird stuff about him. I even saw a vid where sheikh Fawzan said not to watch him or something.
Don't you guys start having a fit please; if I'm wrong just correct me. I know some of you might blow a fuse.

Thanks to me! Iirc, it was me who recommended him to you when you asked me what speakers i liked. :biggrin:

Someome posted a question like this a few weeks ago. You can read online if you want? Go on to kalamullah and search for i think the sealed nectar. I've only read a few pages but it's really informative

Posted from TSR Mobile
Asalaamulaykum all

Giving people our most precious asset; our time, our kindness & sharing our knowledge in an altruistic manner is really something noble.
Original post by accretion disk
Thanks to me! Iirc, it was me who recommended him to you when you asked me what speakers i liked. :biggrin:

No there was someone else who recommended him to me too. :h:

Why? :frown:
Why? :frown:

It's okay to prefer others ya know. I'm excited to hear reasons as to why Yasir is fine though. Maybe it will change my mindset insha'Allah.
It's okay to prefer others ya know. I'm excited to hear reasons as to why Yasir is fine though. Maybe it will change my mindset insha'Allah.

Lol ok. :h:

Latest

Trending

Trending