The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Anyone else have an interview for Fashion communications with business studies?

Hello just wondering if anyone else here has an interview for this course as well :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Yes please!!! And if anyone has done it already and has suggestions or tips about it! I've got mine on Tuesday, and it's on Skype too, so that's an extra dose of anxiousness to add to the mix >.< I'm pretty nervous! Never had an interview before.
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
I have an interview on the 13th. Strangely they told me I could skip the online submission and just come to interview with my work
Original post by TamaraMonique
I have an interview on the 13th. Strangely they told me I could skip the online submission and just come to interview with my work

Yes but I got the impression that if you didn't submit your online one, you'd have to take more work to the interview, rather than a small selection... And for me, being a Skype interview I don't think it would have worked anyway haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I live in London so it's easy enough for me. 😅 where are you from Betty? (If that's your name)
Well I live in London so it's easy enough for me. 😅 where are you from Betty? (If that's your name)

Ah that's quite good! Well my name's Benedetta but Betty works just fine :wink: I'm from Italy! And gonna have my Skype interview in abooout 1h45min haha oh god I'm quite nervous! But one of the heads of the department emailed me to arrange the times etc and said they liked my work, so that was at least a tiny bit reassuring 😅 wish me luck!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck! I hope it went well :smile:

Thank you! It went surprisingly well!! The interview was very relaxed - though obviously a little unusual as it was on skype. The lady was really nice, she started off by asking me how I found out about this course (because apparently it's a very new course, only just started last year) and why I am interested in a Fashion communication + business studies degree. Then she talked to me at length about other non-UK students (since I am one). Talked a bit about my portfolio, asked me for example if I had done any courses or where I'd gotten inspiration from. She also asked me a bit about things I had written on my statement, such as my exchange year in London and my gap year which I'm currently on. And that's pretty much it! Didn't ask me about designers or current affairs as I thought she might. Overall very relaxed and easy-going, more of a chat than an interview, so for anyone who's gonna have it - I wouldn't worry too much!

Also make sure you've got a few questions about the course that you can ask at the end. She told me I will get an unconditional, but that it will take a couple weeks before it shows on Track! So anyway, good luck to everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by bettysroses
Thank you! It went surprisingly well!! The interview was very relaxed - though obviously a little unusual as it was on skype. The lady was really nice, she started off by asking me how I found out about this course (because apparently it's a very new course, only just started last year) and why I am interested in a Fashion communication + business studies degree. Then she talked to me at length about other non-UK students (since I am one). Talked a bit about my portfolio, asked me for example if I had done any courses or where I'd gotten inspiration from. She also asked me a bit about things I had written on my statement, such as my exchange year in London and my gap year which I'm currently on. And that's pretty much it! Didn't ask me about designers or current affairs as I thought she might. Overall very relaxed and easy-going, more of a chat than an interview, so for anyone who's gonna have it - I wouldn't worry too much!

Also make sure you've got a few questions about the course that you can ask at the end. She told me I will get an unconditional, but that it will take a couple weeks before it shows on Track! So anyway, good luck to everyone :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm so happy for you!! Well done :biggrin:
Original post by Penny96
I'm so happy for you!! Well done :biggrin:

Thank you so much! I'm sure it will go great for you too :smile: if you have other questions about the interview you can ask ahead :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Thank you so much! I'm sure it will go great for you too :smile: if you have other questions about the interview you can ask ahead :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, I hope so!! :biggrin:
Reply 11

What are you going to wear for your interview? Have you decided yet? :smile:
Original post by Penny96
What are you going to wear for your interview? Have you decided yet? :smile:

Still deciding lol probably smart cas. Blouse, latex pencil skirt. Just stay true to yourself but look well presented. What about you? And do you think the tell you on the spot?
Reply 13
Still deciding lol probably smart cas. Blouse, latex pencil skirt. Just stay true to yourself but look well presented. What about you? And do you think the tell you on the spot?

Same I was thinking something trendy but smart maybe like a shirt and leather skirt combo. I'm going shopping tomorrow as I'm in need of new clothes anyway so might pick out something then. I hope so, I'll be so nervous waiting!
I had an interview at UWE and they told me there and then which was surprising. When's your interview?
Reply 15
Mine's the 9th, this Monday! I'm getting nervous.
Good luck sweetie 😊
Original post by Penny96
Mine's the 9th, this Monday! I'm getting nervous.

Good luck!! Tell us how it went :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Good luck sweetie

You too!

Good luck!! Tell us how it went :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you guys. I ended up being very ill that day and got really panicky in case I had messed up my chances but I rang in and explained. They were nice and understanding and gave me another interview date :smile:
Original post by Penny96
Hello just wondering if anyone else here has an interview for this course as well :tongue:

Yes please!!! And if anyone has done it already and has suggestions or tips about it! I've got mine on Tuesday, and it's on Skype too, so that's an extra dose of anxiousness to add to the mix >.< I'm pretty nervous! Never had an interview before.

did any of you take the course?!? How did you find it because I'm planning on going this year but haven't heard very good things!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending