The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Psychology at Surrey

I was just wondering if there are any current psychology students studying at Surrey on here and if so how would you describe the course overall? :biggrin: Were there any aspects of studying the subject at degree level which you were not expecting?
Original post by EllG
I was just wondering if there are any current psychology students studying at Surrey on here and if so how would you describe the course overall? :biggrin: Were there any aspects of studying the subject at degree level which you were not expecting?

Hi :smile: I might be able to help a little with this as I studied Psychology at Surrey myself, graduating in 2013.

I really enjoyed the course, it covers a wide range of areas of Psychology in a lot more depth than at A Level - I particularly liked being able to choose my own options in my final year. I found the very first year repeated a lot of what i'd done at A Level, but that was just by chance (I'd sat a different exam board to most of my friends). Although I think that's also the case with a lot of Psychology degrees. The lecturers were always really helpful - there are some particularly good ones that you can tell are passionate about their subject area (which rubs off on you too!).

I also undertook a placement year at a market research company, the year in industry I know was a highlight for many as it showed how Psychology could be used in a real-world setting (the range of placements people went on was amazing!).

Does this help at all? :smile:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Thank you very much that is super helpful.:biggrin:

Surrey is literally my dream uni and although I've been given an offer for the psychology course my predicted is only AAB and it is a very long shot (if at all) that I'd achieve AAA:frown:
Original post by EllG

Surrey is literally my dream uni and although I've been given an offer for the psychology course my predicted is only AAB and it is a very long shot (if at all) that I'd achieve AAA:frown:

Glad I could help - if you've got any questions just drop me a message :smile:

Just keep the faith and don't worry - remember that the admissions tutors must have thought you were capable of studying at Surrey and that you'd be a good fit - or they wouldn't have made you an offer :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by EllG

Same... But I do know someone who's in her second year who got AAB and still got in... Some hope? :/
Original post by izzipark96
Same... But I do know someone who's in her second year who got AAB and still got in... Some hope? :/

Original post by EllG

We do try to where possible accommodate for 'near-miss' candidates (so AAB rather than AAA), but would be unable to guarantee anything at this stage. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by University of Surrey
We do try to where possible accommodate for 'near-miss' candidates (so AAB rather than AAA), but would be unable to guarantee anything at this stage. :smile:

So does that mean if it was my firm and I missed the offer narrowly there is the possibility I wouldn't be automatically rejected?
Original post by EllG
So does that mean if it was my firm and I missed the offer narrowly there is the possibility I wouldn't be automatically rejected?

It's a possibility, but it definitely isn't something we could guarantee. It'll depend on lots of factors such as how many spaces there are still available on the course once accounting for everyone who met their offer.

Sorry I can't be more clear with this one!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending