The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2040
Also got the Bird & Bird invite to do the WG test. I didn't think it was bad. It's split into a lot of small sections, two of which I thought were pretty easy. I panicked about the timer a lot at the start but then I had 10 minutes left over at the end. It's nice because it lets you go back and review your answers.
Original post by Chrisjones123
Irwin Mitchell video interview went so badly :frown:

Join the club haha hope for the best and just forget about it. :smile: you did your best and I'm site next video interview would go a lot better for everyone. Good luck
Irwin Mitchell video interview went so badly :frown:

What do you feel went badly about it? I'm finding it really difficult to judge how I did. I have heard though that it's more about the quality of your verbal communication than the content of your answers
Original post by Able star
Just got a message from Bird & Bird saying I've been invited to do the Watson Glazer test. Does anyone known whether this is similar to the verbal reasoning test SHL put out or is it completely different? I'm only familiar with the latter since this is my first foray into vac schemes.

Watson Glazers are pretty different to the standard verbal reasoning test; there's a lot more asked of you imo.

This is a really good resource to use to practice for them:

http://graduates.hoganlovells.com/apply_now/critical_thinking_test/
Reply 2044
Original post by mkhan12
Yes the Strengths Based Test. Have you completed it yet? If you have done so, is it quite similar to a Situational Judgement Test?

Yes I completed it, it's very much like a situational judgement test!
Original post by TC39
Yes I completed it, it's very much like a situational judgement test!

Awesome :smile: thank you!
Reply 2046
Any idea what the Pinsent Masons psychometric test is like?
(Verbal / logical / critical thinking)
Reply 2047
EDIT: Oh clearly didn't read the Two Birds website fully

So, following the WG - any idea how hard it is to progress to video interview?
(edited 9 years ago)
I've just read the Bird & Bird site again and it says that non-law students should apply in their final year. I am a non law undergraduate in my penultimate year.

Bit of a weird situation (not sure how I missed that). I guess I'll have to let them know as they review summer students for their training contracts which I couldn't start for another 3 years.
Just felt it was so hard to be engaging and answer the questions properly because there's no one there to interact with.

Cut off early on 2 of the questions :frown:
Original post by TheHairyArmenian
Same here. Oh well, onwards and upwards. The Open Day is probably because vac scheme applications far outweigh TC applications, and they want to give insights for applicants who may have a shot at the TC. SM only give 46% of vac schemers a TC.

Do you mind me asking when your interview was?
Original post by ULawAJ
What do you feel went badly about it? I'm finding it really difficult to judge how I did. I have heard though that it's more about the quality of your verbal communication than the content of your answers

Just felt it was so hard to be engaging and answer the questions properly because there's no one there to interact with.

I cut off early on all of them haha.. I think it's better to do that than start rambling or grasping at straws. Oh well, you live and you learn!
Has anybody here done a kennedys phone interview? I'm thinking it'll be competency based but any insights would be so so welcome.
Original post by Palmtreebackpack
I cut off early on all of them haha.. I think it's better to do that than start rambling or grasping at straws. Oh well, you live and you learn!

I cut off early on all of them too. I was definitely told it's better to do that then try and say things just to fill the time because you don't think you've said enough.
Original post by Able star
Got a rejection from BLP to go with my offer to do the test for 2Birds, literally 10 minutes apart. These vac scheme applications are turning into something of a rollercoaster of emotions.

I'm sorry to hear that. When did you submit BLP if you don't mind me asking
Original post by helphelphelphelp
Has anyone heard back from Baker & McKenzie?

and any experience with a Simmons' AC?

I haven't heard back from Baker either and I applied ages ago!
Has anyone got any tips/ experience / advice with eversheds telephone interview?
Hey, does anyone know of any firms with March deadlines?
Original post by somuchlaw
Yes apologies, I do mean Thursday....

Then, yup I was there. Did you get through?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending