The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steliata
Everyone around me is revising but I can't bring myself to because I feel it's too early. But I still feel guilty for not working... What should I be doing?

Well..... as I'm in Y10 I can't really advise to an extent because I haven't been in Y11 before. :mmm::tongue: However, if you feel that it's too early for you to be revising and you think that you won't benefit at all... I wouldn't start revising... fully. Maybe looking over things you did at the start of Y10 or topics you found a little difficult or things you just can't remember! That way when you do feel ready to start revising you'll: have a little less to do and you'll already have the mindset in order for you to revise. It is your choice though!

I hope this helps. :h:

Original post by Firenze26
I'm not sure about the others but I'm doing horribly. Classes got harder, specifically english and physics, I'm now being forced to at least get a C in french, my ICT coursework is stressing me out and I have so many homeworks each week. It went from 1-2 to about 5-7. I still haven't heard from any of the schools I've applied to and my teachers have been dropping hints about my grades and have increased my classmates' and my parents' expectation of me. I went from a they-got-a-B-in-almost-everything-and-that's-so-good to they-got-an-A!?-that's-disappointing. I just want to get this over with ������

Sorry for the long rant. :frown:

What about you? How are you doing?

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar :frown:

:eek:

Don't worry! I can 'listen'. :mmm: :hugs: I'm sorry to hear about all the stressful stuff going on with you! :redface: Maybe try to make a plan of what you want to get done this week and maybe talk with your parents and teachers if you feel things have become significantly harder? + Don't frazzle yourself! :tongue: :biggrin:

I'm good, thank you. :h: Doing Year 10 stuff... I feel freer this week because I don't have as much homework! :tongue:

P.S.

Why do you always write this? :tongue: Your grammar is fine! :biggrin:

Original post by LeFeuilly
Currently (metaphorically) dying brb T_T

Aww, why? :tongue: :console:

Original post by TheYearNiner
what year u in im in year 10

Hi! :hi:

If you're in Y10 you might want to take a look at our Year 10 thread? :h:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2936641
Original post by TheYearNiner
nice and goodluck

TY :^_^:
what do you do once you've completed all the past papers you can find online? i've used them all for revision already and now i don't know what to use to practice my exam techniques
Am I the only one that thinks ICT coursework is easy? I'm struggling more with business 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dumb cabbage
Am I the only one that thinks ICT coursework is easy? I'm struggling more with business 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which exam board do you do for ICT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by karmacrunch
Well..... as I'm in Y10 I can't really advise to an extent because I haven't been in Y11 before. :mmm::tongue: However, if you feel that it's too early for you to be revising and you think that you won't benefit at all... I wouldn't start revising... fully. Maybe looking over things you did at the start of Y10 or topics you found a little difficult or things you just can't remember! That way when you do feel ready to start revising you'll: have a little less to do and you'll already have the mindset in order for you to revise. It is your choice though!

I hope this helps. :h:

Oh, I didn't realise you're in year 10 :facepalm: And thanks, that's some good advice.
Original post by karmacrunch

Aww, why? :tongue: :console:

Eighty lines of Virgil, sixteen equations, a paper on the Hapsburgs :P

All jokes aside, We only have forty-something school days until our study leave :s-smilie:
Done my further additional science isa today, has anyone else done theirs yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am so happy I am in year 11 now and no more ****ty year 10. I am so glad it's only 4 and a bit months until we're out of School altogether.
Original post by TheEccentric
I am so happy I am in year 11 now and no more ****ty year 10. I am so glad it's only 4 and a bit months until we're out of School altogether.

:smile: Looking on the positive side.
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
Done my further additional science isa today, has anyone else done theirs yet? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did my final isa a few weeks ago, but I'm doing separate sciences (the last one was physics) :smile:. How did you find it??
Original post by dumb cabbage

Posted from TSR Mobile

I find the coursework and theory pretty easy. But it's proper boring...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pursuedbyabear
I did my final isa a few weeks ago, but I'm doing separate sciences (the last one was physics) :smile:. How did you find it??

It wasn't too bad, feel like I mucked up my method a bit though which I usually get all the marks in, it's paper 2's case study's that worry me! How was yours?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimberlymegsx
It wasn't too bad, feel like I mucked up my method a bit though which I usually get all the marks in, it's paper 2's case study's that worry me! How was yours?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Case studies can be pretty mean :s-smilie:.

One of our papers had a stupidly worded question, but other than that it went well. It was the highest mark I received out of all of them :biggrin:.

I'm probably more excited that science coursework is over, so we can focus on revision now. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by pursuedbyabear
I'm probably more excited that science coursework is over, so we can focus on revision now. :smile:

We still have all the unit 3s to cover... Kill me now. :sigh:
Just to let you guys know - while you're all welcome to talk about how you felt your ISAs went or to ask for general advice, please be careful not to reveal specific topics/questions that may come up in the exams. This is to prevent other's gaining an unfair advantage over you and thus from possibly causing the grade boundaries to inflate :zomg:

If you see any rule breaking posts, be sure to report them via the report function. :yy:

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by usycool1
Just to let you guys know - while you're all welcome to talk about how you felt your ISAs went or to ask for general advice, please be careful not to reveal specific topics/questions that may come up in the exams. This is to prevent other's gaining an unfair advantage over you and thus from possibly causing the grade boundaries to inflate :zomg:

If you see any rule breaking posts, be sure to report them via the report function. :yy:

Thanks. :smile:

Maybe instead of trying to educate and control others you focus on improving the website? I'm sorry, but that post just makes the whole TSR team look like a bunch of people trying to play some kind of moral judges (same thing with not providing answers to questions in subject forums...) and it really puts me off going on to this site.
Original post by frostyy

same thing with not providing answers to questions in subject forums...

We do, you clearly don't look carefully enough.

Original post by frostyy
it really puts me off going on to this site.

Then feel free to leave. :yy:
(edited 9 years ago)
Then feel free to leave, I'm hardly going to care :yy:

If you don't care about me leaving, then why do you care about me cheating?

You do realise that what I'm doing is giving - maybe with a little taste of humour - appropriate criticism on the site that you moderate? If anybody wants to get the answers then they can just open a new tab and type the same thing into google. What you guys are doing is giving a big disadvantage to TSR and making the forum look like this hehe, 'politically correct community', which is literally the opposite of the freedom that the internet is supposed to provide.
Original post by frostyy

Maybe instead of trying to educate and control others you focus on improving the website? I'm sorry, but that post just makes the whole TSR team look like a bunch of people trying to play some kind of moral judges (same thing with not providing answers to questions in subject forums...) and it really puts me off going on to this site.

So you WANT to give other people advantages over yourself and to have inflated grade boundaries? [s]lolwut[/s

:facepalm:

Then feel free to leave, I'm hardly going to care :yy:

:mmm:

Original post by frostyy
If you don't care about me leaving, then why do you care about me cheating?

You do realise that what I'm doing is giving - maybe with a little taste of humour - appropriate criticism on the site that you moderate? If anybody wants to get the answers then they can just open a new tab and type the same thing into google. What you guys are doing is giving a big disadvantage to TSR and making the forum look like this hehe, 'politically correct community', which is literally the opposite of the freedom that the internet is supposed to provide.

O_o

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest