The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by X_alwayssmiley
Have you done the exam ?

I'm a current student.
Original post by Wesleigh
I assure you there should be no prioritisation.

thanks, id really love to be offered a place at Harris Westminster and I'm totally determined and convinced to attend, however my predicted grades aren't straight A*s or A's. I have already met the conditional by having 6 A*-Bs with my predicted grades including A* for geography and A for English literature which are 2 of my A-level options, but my question is will they take my predicted grades into account when selecting for interviews or will they trust my academic potential till my real GCSEs come July. Also, what will they be expecting for subjects such as politics and economics?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samispector
thanks, id really love to be offered a place at Harris Westminster and I'm totally determined and convinced to attend, however my predicted grades aren't straight A*s or A's. I have already met the conditional by having 6 A*-Bs with my predicted grades including A* for geography and A for English literature which are 2 of my A-level options, but my question is will they take my predicted grades into account when selecting for interviews or will they trust my academic potential till my real GCSEs come July. Also, what will they be expecting for subjects such as politics and economics?

Okay, lots to say I guess!

Don't worry about straight A*'s! Most likely, they'll look at your predicted, and your entrance exam results, and from there offer you a conditional place, in respect to your exam results in August.

I beleive Economics is more of a common sense paper, and I can't ask anyone about Politics - we weren't offered it!
Hey, does anyone know when they'll get back to us about how we did?
Okay, lots to say I guess!

Don't worry about straight A*'s! Most likely, they'll look at your predicted, and your entrance exam results, and from there offer you a conditional place, in respect to your exam results in August.

I beleive Economics is more of a common sense paper, and I can't ask anyone about Politics - we weren't offered it!

thanks! Also, do u have an idea of the fraction of people getting called back for interviews?
forgot to mention ive got ONE terrible anomalous predicted grade in German! Thoughts on that?
Original post by aqsahawan

Shouldn't be long. I'd say either during or just after half term. Don't take my word for it, though.

thanks! Also, do u have an idea of the fraction of people getting called back for interviews?

Tough one to call. Out of 338 applicants last year, ~180 were called for interviews, and 140something were offered a place.

forgot to mention ive got ONE terrible anomalous predicted grade in German! Thoughts on that?

I don't see why it should be much of an issue, if you've still got what they've asked for.

Yeah on the 7th of this month. Which is this Saturday.
Original post by sakshres

Ah, perfect

will this apply to late applicants too?
I'm a current student.

Any tips for the entrace Exam? I'm not sure what materials I should be studying for it ? Please help me.

I'm taking, Bio, Chem and Math !
will this apply to late applicants too?

From the website it says that late applicants will be considered during march but dont take my word for it
(edited 9 years ago)

Thanks!!
Tips guys??????????/
Original post by X_alwayssmiley
Tips guys??????????/

What subjects are you taking?
What subjects are you taking?

Maths, Biology and Chemistry ?
Im so scared for the exammm!
Reply 216
Im also doing the exams this Thursday in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Philosophy.
It might seem like a bit of a trivial question but what are we expected to wear? The e-mail gave no info at all- I cant even remember if those were the subjects I put down!
Will we be recieving more information tomorrow?
From the website it says that late applicants will be considered during march but dont take my word for it

so offers will be made to others before I do or don't ? Wont this lessen my chances of admission?
so offers will be made to others before I do or don't ? Wont this lessen my chances of admission?

Getting offered an interview and a place are very different. Anyway, no. If you meet the criteria of the school, like the rest of the candidates, you'll get offered a place. I'm sure the headmaster wouldn't allow that to lessen your chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Getting offered an interview and a place are very different. Anyway, no. If you meet the criteria of the school, like the rest of the candidates, you'll get offered a place. I'm sure the headmaster wouldn't allow that to lessen your chances.

Posted from TSR Mobile

had i not met the criteria with my predicted grades would i still be able to receive the conditional judging that I achieve the grades needed in July?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending