The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths applicants 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Has anyone applied for Education, Culture & Society? I can't seem to find anyone lol
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Hi!!! Anyone applied to journalism at Goldsmiths?? Got an offer a few weeks ago!:smile::smile:
Reply 62
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
Hi!!! Anyone applied to journalism at Goldsmiths?? Got an offer a few weeks ago!:smile::smile:

Happy for you! :-)

How long did you wait for an offer? I applied for Media and Communications (same department of Journalism) almost 3 weeks ago and still no reply :-(
Original post by RaffaB
Happy for you! :-)

How long did you wait for an offer? I applied for Media and Communications (same department of Journalism) almost 3 weeks ago and still no reply :-(

I applied around 3 weeks before christmas so don´t worry!! They take their time.. Im sure they´ll offer you a place:smile:
Reply 64
Original post by blancadeorbaneja
I applied around 3 weeks before christmas so don´t worry!! They take their time.. Im sure they´ll offer you a place:smile:

It looks like Goldsmiths makes everybody wait a month / a month and a half before sending a reply :biggrin: fingers crossed for me!

see you next year hopefully!
Reply 65
Any other postgrad applicants around? Golds finally released their postgrad fees for 15/16 last week so I've just submitted my application. :smile: Have applied for an MSc in games design (it's a programming course). Gonna need lots of luck since my undergrad computing modules were pretty sparse, lmao.
Reply 66
Hello! Just firmed my offer for MA in Gender, Media and Culture at Goldsmiths. :smile:
Reply 67
Any design applicants? I just got my offer :smile:
I have, I have an interview at the end of Feb, anyone else had an interview? what should I expect?
Original post by Lukas870
Just made Goldsmiths my firm! Anyone else applied for Media and Sociology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have, I have an interview at the end of Feb, anyone else had an interview? what should I expect?
Reply 70
Original post by jamesajefferson

Yeah I had an interview, went fine though. It was only like 20 minutes and quite informal. They asked a few questions about current issues in sociology and media and then we basically had a chat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by atxya
yepp

What did you think?
Reply 72
Original post by SophF_rth
What did you think?

i really enjoyed the lectures and it was very helpful and easy to understand, i also liked the debates that was going on (even though i was too shy to join in) and i felt like an actual politics student haha. but one thing i didn't like was the area :/ what about you?
Original post by atxya
i really enjoyed the lectures and it was very helpful and easy to understand, i also liked the debates that was going on (even though i was too shy to join in) and i felt like an actual politics student haha. but one thing i didn't like was the area :/ what about you?

I totally agree, nor was I brave enough. I'm the same in my class, although I do sometimes input if I am very passionate. Ah, you didn't know New Cross? I personally quite liked it, I felt Goldsmiths had a campus feel even being in London. The area just felt like a usual area in London with some extra coffee shops around :tongue:
Are you thinking of Firming/Insuring?
Reply 74
Original post by SophF_rth
I totally agree, nor was I brave enough. I'm the same in my class, although I do sometimes input if I am very passionate. Ah, you didn't know New Cross? I personally quite liked it, I felt Goldsmiths had a campus feel even being in London. The area just felt like a usual area in London with some extra coffee shops around :tongue:
Are you thinking of Firming/Insuring?

well i've never been there before so i was unfamiliar with the area. i'm thinking of insuring it, what about you?
Original post by atxya
well i've never been there before so i was unfamiliar with the area. i'm thinking of insuring it, what about you?

Ah, me neither which was interesting! I've firmed it actually :smile:
I applied on the 25th of February and got an unconditional offer on the 27th so I was quite surprised how quick was it! Especially that I applied quite late. Anyone studying or applied for Computer Science?
Hi all!

I've just received an offer from Goldsmiths for the MSc in Forensic Psychology. I'm beyond excited! Of course now I'm trying to figure out what to do from here as I am an American student. I did my undergrad in the UK, in London as well, but it was a much easier transition because I initially used the uni's accomodation. It's a lot to figure out in a short amount of time.

Any other psych postgrad applicants?
Reply 78
Hey! :smile:

I've gotten an interview for History with foundation year really soon as well as an interview for History and History of Ideas first. I was feeling ok but I'm now feeling incredibly nervous. Has anyone had interviews for history? How did they go and what were they looking for?

See some of you around on the offer day this week?!
Hey guys! Theres a group on FB set up for all those hoping to start at Goldsmiths in 2015!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/895379247186802/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending