The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Yes they do, I've just put it on my profile to prove it...

It wasn't there when I checked... Thanks though
Original post by ttaylor17
Dr. Yasir Qadhi said that the Prophet prohibited anyone from stopping women from coming to the mosque... That isn't entirely true... The Prophet said do not stop them...

But Omar ra saw the situation... And according to that he said not to come... Probably because of idk... Fitnah...

And Aisha ra backed him up... Said that Rasulullah would have done the same...

Allah knows best

Edit: and thanks for the welcome:smile:

Ok can you find the source for what you're saying? :smile:
Original post by Ankabout
Ok can you find the source for what you're saying? :smile:

Which part?
Which part?

This one. :smile:

But Omar ra saw the situation... And according to that he said not to come... Probably because of idk... Fitnah...

And Aisha ra backed him up... Said that Rasulullah would have done the same...
:naughty:

Copy cat
Eating rat
Day by day
Becoming fat

:lol:

looooool :lol:

My dad said one the other day and said when he was a kid they used to say this one.

Copy cat
Chilli rat
(Just realised I forgot the last line lool )

But anyways it was hilarious :lol:

Off-topic I know :colondollar:
Original post by Tennumbers
looooool :lol:

My dad said one the other day and said when he was a kid they used to say this one.

Copy cat
Chilli rat
(Just realised I forgot the last line lool )

But anyways it was hilarious :lol:

Off-topic I know :colondollar:

Hahaha yeah we are. :tongue:
Original post by Raymat
That's good news masha'allah. I'm planning to study Biotechnology hopefully if I get the grades. I'm guessing my course will have a lot of girls. I want to avoid free mixing or avoid it as much as possible.

What are you studying at Imperial?

My personal view point is you need to be clear what is and what is not free mixing.
In some cases you'll have to work with the opposite sex in groups, etc or where you have to ask for help.

So I'd say make sure you understand the fine line, but also be polite and develop how to interact with the opposite sex correctly and professionally.

I don't go there, just knew the people there and go to events here and there.
Original post by Iqbal007
My personal view point is you need to be clear what is and what is not free mixing.
In some cases you'll have to work with the opposite sex in groups, etc or where you have to ask for help.

So I'd say make sure you understand the fine line, but also be polite and develop how to interact with the opposite sex correctly and professionally.

I don't go there, just knew the people there and go to events here and there.

Oh ok, wasn't keen on working in groups with girls included but oh well there's nothing I can do.

Jazak'allahu Khairun for the advice akhi.
As I said before... The most awesomest speaker is sheikh Suleiman moola... For all ages and topics... Sheikh Anwar Awlaki is pretty good too... For world order stuff and Zionism and dajjal and everything sheikh Imran hossein is pretty cool... Theatrical at times and at times slow... But good

I would disagree with Imran Hossein from what I have noticed some of his opinions are rather strange when it comes to the end of times and zionism and the like.
Original post by beautifulxxx
I've heard weird stuff about him. I even saw a vid where sheikh Fawzan said not to watch him or something.

Would you mind posting it?
Original post by beautifulxxx
Not a big fan of Yasir Qadhi.

Yasir has some faults like all duat but there is immense benefit in a large amount of his talks like his seerah which was immensely detailed and in other issues.
Were you the guy that was banned...
Why were you banned?

Yes I was.
You get in trouble for telling people that :tongue:
Some people need to grow up.
Original post by IdeasForLife
Yes I was.
You get in trouble for telling people that :tongue:

I have a feeling you haven't quite learnt your lesson. :eyeball:
Original post by Raymat
Oh ok, wasn't keen on working in groups with girls included but oh well there's nothing I can do.

Jazak'allahu Khairun for the advice akhi.

You don't have a choice sometimes. Plus you will be in a mixed class. What are you going to do if you need help and only a girl is available.

But also when you're working, etc
Its really important to develop those skills on the etiquettes of interacting with the opposite sex. Otherwise it can affect you.

Imperial ISOC is different to the other London ISOCs, which generally follow stricter opinions, etc. Imperial are very inclusive of others.
Original post by HAnwar
Some people need to grow up.

True but Anwar Awlaki did join AQ didn't he?
True but Anwar Awlaki did join AQ didn't he?

He did. al-Qaida in the Arabian Penninsula. This was truly deplorable.
Hello all,

Just got a quick question to you guys. Since you believe the Koran is the word of God, do you INTERPRET everything it says LITERALLY. For example do you really believe that for example King Solomon communicated LITERALLY with ants or do you take a METAPHORICAL meaning from this story? 18] At length, when they came to a (lowly) valley of ants, one of the ants said: "O ye ants get into your habitations, lest Solomon and his hosts crush you (under foot) without knowing it."
19] So he smiled, amused at its speech; and he said: "O my Lord! so order me that I may be grateful for Thy favors, which Thou hast bestowed on me and on my parents, and that I may work the righteousness that will please Thee: and admit me, by Thy Grace, to the ranks of Thy righteous Servants."

Thanks
Lol, I laughed while reading at some things posted here,
and my friend gave me a weird look :lol:
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
He did. al-Qaida in the Arabian Penninsula. This was truly deplorable.

How unfortunate... but pre-AQ his talks were good?
Original post by Ibn Fulaan
Quite funny how the ex muslim soc has taken him in so amicably I just hope they don't know the full depth of his depravity.

He makes me look like a liberal tbh.
Original post by HSafirah
Lol, I laughed while reading at some things posted here,
and my friend gave me a weird look :lol:

Really? I was more like 'yikes!'. :eek:

Latest