Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham offer holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gj12
Well Done!!! I got mine in November... which college did you put down? x

I asked for St Cuths as I want to be self catered :smile: you?? And congratulations!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Poppy 38
Congratulations - was it BSc or MChem - Industrial? Can I ask your stats please?

Thank you ^^
It was for MChem (4 years)
I have 4A* and 6A's at GCSE and 4As at AS and predicted 4A*s (unlikely :') ) for Chemistry, Physics, Biology and Maths c:
Original post by laishley1
has anyone got offers for econ and politics yet?

I wouldn't worry, I also applied for Economics and Politics at Durham but haven't heard back yet and neither have many of my friends who applied to Durham. Good luck and I hope you hear from them soon
Original post by J3SS742
Hey! So Ive applied to Durham as well for Biology but I live in York so I can tell you a bit about that too! :smile:
Im not sure but I think York might have better rankings for Biological Sciences than Durham so it might be better academically, but Durham is a lot more collegiate and traditional as far as Im aware if that is something you like/dislike :smile:
Personally I think York is the most beautiful city on earth but I might be bit biased :biggrin: Durhams also really nice, but overall I think York might be the better uni for sciences if that helps at all :smile:

Thank you very much, I appreciate your input! Have you not applied to York then? And what do you wish to study in the up coming months?
Original post by J3SS742
Hey! So Ive applied to Durham as well for Biology but I live in York so I can tell you a bit about that too! :smile:
Im not sure but I think York might have better rankings for Biological Sciences than Durham so it might be better academically, but Durham is a lot more collegiate and traditional as far as Im aware if that is something you like/dislike :smile:
Personally I think York is the most beautiful city on earth but I might be bit biased :biggrin: Durhams also really nice, but overall I think York might be the better uni for sciences if that helps at all :smile:

No wait you want to study biology too. My bad:wink:
Received an offer at 5.40 today for psychology, as did my boyfriend for Philosophy, and I've applied for StMary's :biggrin: It seemed from the offer that people who received an offer will be considered within the first group for college allocation which is awesome!

SO EXCITED
Original post by Pheebles
Received an offer at 5.40 today for psychology, as did my boyfriend for Philosophy, and I've applied for StMary's :biggrin: It seemed from the offer that people who received an offer will be considered within the first group for college allocation which is awesome!

SO EXCITED

Congrats to both of you:congrats:
Original post by trubadur
Congrats to both of you:congrats:

Thank you very much! It's going to be a bit stressful relying on each other to get the grades, but it will be worth it to go to such an amazing place together :biggrin:

What position are you at in the Durham application process? (presumably an offer holder from the thread title! :tongue:)
Thank you very much! It's going to be a bit stressful relying on each other to get the grades, but it will be worth it to go to such an amazing place together :biggrin:

What position are you at in the Durham application process? (presumably an offer holder from the thread title! :tongue:)

Good luck in getting the grades:yy:
I am waiting for almost 3 months, but as an EU applicant I know,I need more patience:mad:
Good luck in getting the grades:yy:
I am waiting for almost 3 months, but as an EU applicant I know,I need more patience:mad:

I'm sure your offer will come :smile: they probably send out international offers in different blocks than national offers. My friend, currently at Durham, who nearly got into Oxford only got his offer in March, so don't lose hope with it!
I'm sure your offer will come :smile: they probably send out international offers in different blocks than national offers. My friend, currently at Durham, who nearly got into Oxford only got his offer in March, so don't lose hope with it!

Thanks:smile: I already got 2 good offers from York and Nott and still wait from Durham,StA and Edi.
Thanks:smile: I already got 2 good offers from York and Nott and still wait from Durham,StA and Edi.

Congrats on those, and good luck with the rest!
Congrats on those, and good luck with the rest!

Thank you and may all your dreams come true:smile:
Reply 513

Aw, thankyou :smile: yours too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 514

Hahah I though this was the other thread *embarrassed*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BitWindy
Just got A*AA offer for PPE :biggrin:

Still waiting on St Andrews before making any decisions but I think Durham could well be my firm!

Anyone else apply for St John's?

Congrats! May i ask what your grades were?
Original post by s081096
Congrats! May i ask what your grades were?

GCSE: 5A*, 5A, 1B
AS: History A, English Lit A, Maths A, Physics D
A2 (Predicted): A*A*A respectively (dropped physics :biggrin:)

Not mind-blowing but apparently adequate. I think my PS was pretty good.

Are you waiting for an offer?
GCSE: 5A*, 5A, 1B
AS: History A, English Lit A, Maths A, Physics D
A2 (Predicted): A*A*A respectively (dropped physics :biggrin:)

Not mind-blowing but apparently adequate. I think my PS was pretty good.

Are you waiting for an offer?

Yes i am! i've applied in mid-november :/ i've got 9 A*s and 2 As at igcse and 5 A's in my AS units. im predicted A*A*AA
Original post by s081096
Yes i am! i've applied in mid-november :/ i've got 9 A*s and 2 As at igcse and 5 A's in my AS units. im predicted A*A*AA

I applied in mid-October.

What did you apply for?

Your grades look great, good luck :smile:
I applied in mid-October.

What did you apply for?

Your grades look great, good luck :smile:

Thanks! PPE! And the wait is killing me cause it seems that they have already given out a lot of PPE offers!

My A levels were als History, English Lit, Maths as well as Modern Greek and French :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest