The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pathway
Second! I can try and help you out if you want? :hugs: It gets better when you figure out how to deal with the transition between A-Level psychology and Uni level. I might not be a massive help either, but I'm still around if you need to talk/rant to someone about anything (including statistics. :mob:

I think I need to try and find a balance, but at the moment I'm struggling even to get to lectures. :s-smilie: Hopefully when this flare up calms down I'll be able to join a soc. :dontknow:

Spoiler

Hmmmm, how much are they??

Omg, that is AMAZING, lol! I love penguins! :penguinhug:

-----

Really should be studying right now, but I can't concentrate ahhhhh. Seeing a friend tomorrow, so that'll be nice. Kinda worried I'll be too tired to do anything, though. :frown: Damn you, Insomnia!

:penguinhug: :tongue: Think there's a :tongue:ingu: one too but might be making that up and can't see on the app? Completely understand the last bit, insomnia sucks :redface:

Original post by ScaryScience
:hugs: exciting about interview, well done. Promise they're all human and don't bite, too - you'll be great. and you know where I am if you need a tour guide :tongue:

Thanks :hugs: Working on the basis that it can't possibly go worse than last year and they gave me an offer then, although not sure as I want to go anyway so at least if they didn't it'd make my decision a bit easier. Will see what happens, anyway.

------
Gone hyper now again and really need to calm down, actually need to get stuff done tomorrow and that's not going to happen if I let myself carry on again now :s-smilie: Argh I hate this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pathway
What's the lab about??

I hope so, she's coming to see me because I had a mini breakdown on the phone to her, and her uni is only 30ish mins away...I dunno I'm just really struggling lately. :s-smilie:
I am the exact same! I wake up so often during the night for one reason or another/don't go to sleep at all, and it's just not fun for studying/doing anything really. Maybe give gym a pass? It's best not to overwork yourself. :hugs:

It's basically about short and long term memory and the different understandings of how they work. We've got loads of data which we collected and just need to do ANOVA and the rest of the write up. I think so anyway, that's what I understand of it. :s-smilie:

Hopefully seeing her will help you :hugs: Sorry to hear you're struggling, let me know if I can help you in any way.

I really want to but I'll be letting her down and

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Meaty_man
Currently enjoying center parcs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love Center Parcs. I have been to three of them and love them all. CP is my happy place. Just being allowed to "be" with no pressure of what you have to do. I never have phone or Internet signal, obviously don't use the car, so it's just me and beautiful walks in the forest. I went a few weeks back myself, and had wonderful moments sitting in the outdoor pool watching the snow come down, and then looking at the stars in the evening. It just strips life back to its simplicity and I adore it.

:biggrin:

Enjoy!
Original post by furryface12
:penguinhug: :tongue: Think there's a :pingu: one too but might be making that up and can't see on the app? Completely understand the last bit, insomnia sucks :redface:

------
Gone hyper now again and really need to calm down, actually need to get stuff done tomorrow and that's not going to happen if I let myself carry on again now :s-smilie: Argh I hate this :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awwwww, Pingu was my favourite show as a child. Whenever I missed it I was devastated. haha

Can I help? :hugs:

Original post by Anonymous #2
It's basically about short and long term memory and the different understandings of how they work. We've got loads of data which we collected and just need to do ANOVA and the rest of the write up. I think so anyway, that's what I understand of it. :s-smilie:

Hopefully seeing her will help you :hugs: Sorry to hear you're struggling, let me know if I can help you in any way.

I really want to but I'll be letting her down and

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ohh, ANOVA, we didn't really learn much about ANOVA in first year. Though we did just have a whole exam/test dedicated to it. PM me if you need to talk through it? I might not be of much use though, generally speaking I get the worst grades in my reports and my essays are a lot better. lol...

Thank you. :hugs: Not sure if anybody can help me at this point.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by Pathway

Ohh, ANOVA, we didn't really learn much about ANOVA in first year. Though we did just have a whole exam/test dedicated to it. PM me if you need to talk through it? I might not be of much use though, generally speaking I get the worst grades in my reports and my essays are a lot better. lol...

Thank you. :hugs: Not sure if anybody can help me at this point.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I might do, thanks :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous #2
I might do, thanks :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Original post by purple-duck
:hugs: Not stupid! :nah: So strong and clever and awesome! :jumphug: Ah okay :s-smilie: yes, I wondered if they just sort of ignored it, then :frown: that's stupid of them :frown:

Thanks, am okay, just physical-ill and mind worrying about stuff :colondollar: Hope you get some good sleep again! (?) :redface:

Yeah - ah okay - yeah see how things go once stuff calms down more, and just take things slowly? I've decided recently to just try focussing on the basics - as that really helps me, I think (or hope!) But getting a schedule/balance is so difficult, think it's something we all struggle with :s-smilie: :hugs:

http://imgur.com/a/IOkts They're £28 :eek: Which apparently is quite good for books, and nice books, but then I'm used to spending £2 or less in charity shops per book :colondollar: They're really cute, though :colondollar: sorry, anyway, yes :colondollar: :hide:
Hope you're okay tonight and manage some sleep soon/whenever you'd like to! :redface: :hugs: (oops, just saw the end of your last post - sorry about insomnia and concentration :frown: hope meeting friend goes okay!)

----------------------------------

Good night all! :eek: :grouphugs:

thanks :penguinhug: really sorry to hear about physical ills :frown: hope you feel much better tomorrow :hugs:
Original post by Anonymous
thanks :penguinhug: really sorry to hear about physical ills :frown: hope you feel much better tomorrow :hugs:

ffs this is annoying me now :emo: this was me.
Original post by Pathway

Spoiler

You didn't, don't worry :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
:penguinhug: :tongue: Think there's a :pingu: one too but might be making that up and can't see on the app? Completely understand the last bit, insomnia sucks :redface:

Thanks :hugs: Working on the basis that it can't possibly go worse than last year and they gave me an offer then, although not sure as I want to go anyway so at least if they didn't it'd make my decision a bit easier. Will see what happens, anyway.

------

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good way of thinking :yep: Definitely don't worry about it, you have other (probably better) offers :hugs:
panicking quite a lot about a million things. I want things to go away :emo: also have a real aversion to taking my meds and I don't even know why. ideally I want to take them an hour before bed so I sleep but keep putting it off and off. bleh. :emo:
Reply 411
Have a happy clean kitchen now, but feel so drained.
Got back from my boyfriends mums and hid in bed because i dont even know why!
Mood is deffinately at an all time low. I just want a cuddle from my mummy :colondollar:

Dr said shed phone me after shed phoned EIT but she hasnt and its been nearly a month since i saw her :s-smilie:

Just gahhhh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Trying to update the address on my driving license, but realised I have no idea where the paper part of my license is, it's probably in my parents house somewhere but not sure where abouts :s-smilie:
Reply 413
Original post by Odd socks
Trying to update the address on my driving license, but realised I have no idea where the paper part of my license is, it's probably in my parents house somewhere but not sure where abouts :s-smilie:

Dunno if its different between provisional and normal but when i changed my address i dont think i actually needed or sent anything back :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
That's a good way of thinking :yep: Definitely don't worry about it, you have other (probably better) offers :hugs:

I like the uni just the courses are all different and I don't know what I want. I'll work it out eventually, thanks :hugs:

--------
Struggling :frown: Also really dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out, part of me's saying bag's a good thing but probably really not :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by PandaWho
Dunno if its different between provisional and normal but when i changed my address i dont think i actually needed or sent anything back :ninja:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing it online and it says I need a code from the paper part, and if I don't have it then I have to pay a fee :/ I'll call my mum tomorrow and see if she knows where it might be.. If I was at home I could just look for it myself but I'm so far away :frown:
Reply 416
I'm doing it online and it says I need a code from the paper part, and if I don't have it then I have to pay a fee :/ I'll call my mum tomorrow and see if she knows where it might be.. If I was at home I could just look for it myself but I'm so far away :frown:

I dont remember doing that, did do it like a year ago though.
Hopefully your mum knows where it is :smile:

How much is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
I dont remember doing that, did do it like a year ago though.
Hopefully your mum knows where it is :smile:

How much is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's just £20 but Id rather not pay it if I don't have to

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 418
I think it's just £20 but Id rather not pay it if I don't have to

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully you can find it!

I was cheeky and didnt send all mine back so i have spare ID :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ugh can't sleep, feeling kinda sad and lonely :/ realised I've not been on a date in months but even if I did I'll probably never meet anyone as suited to me as Ash was :frown: im completely undatable and im sick of hearing about valentines day

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest