The Student Room Group

Cineworld- Age rating strictness help.

Right, me and my mates are gonna go and watch Woman In Black 2 tonight but they dont have any ID to say they are 15 even tho they are, do they care at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

no, who has id to show they are 15 anyway? apart from a passport obvs. cinemas arent that strict
Majority of the time they won't bother questioning you so just say yes if you are asked if you are 15 and over. It's only really 18 films where they are strict
Do they look really young? Some people can get away with it, some people can't.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
no, who has id to show they are 15 anyway? apart from a passport obvs. cinemas arent that strict

I was 15/16 when 300 came out. I got ID'd and didn't have it. The cashier then let me in anyway after being able to give me date of birth. Person on the entrance also then ID'd me and wouldn't let me in. Had to get a refund and go home. Left me most upset especially when I later looked at my money and discovered that I'd been shortchanged.

I later went back with my passport and had it in my hand ready to show and they didn't ask for ID. Might be because they could see I was prepared to show it.
it depends how old they look and how much the person serving you cares

I got IDed for 15s until I was about 20 at times... some of my friends watched them at 12
Original post by SirMasterKey
I was 15/16 when 300 came out. I got ID'd and didn't have it. The cashier then let me in anyway after being able to give me date of birth. Person on the entrance also then ID'd me and wouldn't let me in. Had to get a refund and go home. Left me most upset especially when I later looked at my money and discovered that I'd been shortchanged.

I later went back with my passport and had it in my hand ready to show and they didn't ask for ID. Might be because they could see I was prepared to show it.

I do find it odd that one perdon ID'd you and then another person tried. I've had that before too.
Original post by OU Student
I do find it odd that one perdon ID'd you and then another person tried. I've had that before too.

I can understand in a bar with one at entry and then at the bar because I still ID people when they come up. Especially early in the night when people could have been in before they started IDing at the door. At the end of the day if someone does sneak through, I'll be the one deep in trouble and not the doorman. He just complied with company policy. I have to comply with the law.

Perhaps it is just something similar. Extra insurance to prevent the individual and company getting into trouble.
Reply 8
This is one of the most annoying and irritating things ever to happen to me. I just think it makes no sense what so ever. Why on earth would a 15 year old have any form of ID on them? Its infuriating. Back when I was 15, they ID'd me and I was so shocked because I basically had a beard. I had a huge rant at them about why would I have ID, and has any other 15 year old you have asked had ID.

Suffice to say, I was still not let in.
You can always bring a photocopy of your passport
Original post by lxbsly
This is one of the most annoying and irritating things ever to happen to me. I just think it makes no sense what so ever. Why on earth would a 15 year old have any form of ID on them? Its infuriating. Back when I was 15, they ID'd me and I was so shocked because I basically had a beard. I had a huge rant at them about why would I have ID, and has any other 15 year old you have asked had ID.

Suffice to say, I was still not let in.

My cousins friend had the same problem instead she apparently flashed her boobs and said "would I have these if I was 15" .. Apparently she got let in :')
I know someone who was 15 and went with a parent and got questioned still and turned away because of no ID but I think it will just depend on the specific cinema

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I am a supervisor at a cinema and we are very strict when it comes to ID, we have to be otherwise we could be fined, lose our jobs and the site could have its licence revoked. I don't know about other sites, but we accept a photocopy of photographic ID or a picture on a phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qat1992
I am a supervisor at a cinema and we are very strict when it comes to ID, we have to be otherwise we could be fined, lose our jobs and the site could have its licence revoked. I don't know about other sites, but we accept a photocopy of photographic ID or a picture on a phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Shouldn't do that to be fair.
Original post by qat1992

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not a very good supervisor :/ a picture on a phone? Seriously? How is that taking id strict but then allowing a picture?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Yes, we allow a photograph of the whole passport as we know that not many parents are willing to let their 15 year old child be responsible for carrying such an important item around with them. No photograph of their ID or actual ID, then no entry. Every kid needs it, not just one proof of ID between a group of 6 of them, which is what a lot of kids think is okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest

I still get ID'd when going to see films and buying alcohol and I am considerably older than 18..
Reply 17
Original post by A5ko
I still get ID'd when going to see films and buying alcohol and I am considerably older than 18..

I'm mid-20's now and still also get ID'd. Tried to buy a scratchcard from my local supermarket a while ago and because I didn't have my ID with me, got refused. Also got ID'd when I went to watch an 18 at a different cinema to the one I work at last summer

Posted from TSR Mobile
I never really got ID'd but I was told I couldn't buy a student ticket even though I was wearing my school uniform... Before I got my driving licence I used to carry a photocopy of my passport in my purse just in case

Posted from TSR Mobile
My local cinema asked me for ID for a 15 until I was about 17. I had a very hard time once trying to buy a ticket for a 15 or 16 year old friend who didn't have ID on her, won out in the end but the guy clearly didn't believe she was old enough.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending