The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VS2015TC2017
Anyone heard back from Weil post interview? Or any insight on what the timeline would be like?

(Or heard from Gibson Dunn, Cleary, White & Case at all?)

Thanks!

Gibson Dunn's deadline hasn't passed yet so I doubt you'll hear until after that. I've not heard from Cleary but they did have an assessment centre on Monday, so I'm fairly certain I've been PFO'd. Nothing from White & Case yet.
Original post by theminimg
Offer from Freshfields and Norton Rose! :smile:

Quite a day you must be having - congrats!
Original post by footchemllab
Yep, I did mine on 26th but still not heard anything either.

Also, Bristows TC interview :smile:

Can I ask when you applied? And did you apply direct for a TC? congrats :smile:
Reply 2083
Irwin Mitchell video interview was terrible, had to stop most of them! Does anybody know if you can replay your own video ? Would be an interesting watch!
So, I have offers from CC, S&M, Links and HSF. Can probably only do three schemes max. Any advice on which to pick?
Original post by Laz_LeBaz
So, I have offers from CC, S&M, Links and HSF. Can probably only do three schemes max. Any advice on which to pick?

Very well done! May I ask how the HSF ac was

Depends how set you are on going to the magic circle, I'd say. HSF might be good for the sake of variety.
Original post by TrainingChopeful
Can I ask when you applied? And did you apply direct for a TC? congrats :smile:

Of course!

I am a bit of a different case. So I already interviewed for the Winter Workshop and got on that, so to apply for a TC I just had to send a letter of intent. They then said they'd sort our interviews out first (not as a preference but because it was faster as they'd already seen us), so this is for the TC and it's a face-to-face interview but I certainly wouldn't worry if you've applied direct because they'll sort them very soon I'm sure :smile:
Original post by baldwisl02
Very well done! May I ask how the HSF ac was

It was fine. There's a group discussion in front of some partners, which is all very relaxed. Then a competency interview, although the partner used up about 60% of our time talking about football so it was also very relaxed. Then a study interview, which you have 45 minutes to prepare for (you'll only need 30 minutes max in reality). That interview was a bit more challenging as they have set answers that they want to get out of you. If they ask you about taking bribe, say no!
Reply 2089
Original post by Rick.N
Anyone else waiting still for feedback from Nabarro post-video interview?
Did mine on 22nd and still haven heard back...

still waiting and i did mine on 26th i have been told by them that they are still reviewing apps and will contact us next week at latest
Original post by almvp
still waiting and i did mine on 26th i have been told by them that they are still reviewing apps and will contact us next week at latest

Fingers-crossed for us all then! Good luck :smile:
It was fine. There's a group discussion in front of some partners, which is all very relaxed. Then a competency interview, although the partner used up about 60% of our time talking about football so it was also very relaxed. Then a study interview, which you have 45 minutes to prepare for (you'll only need 30 minutes max in reality). That interview was a bit more challenging as they have set answers that they want to get out of you. If they ask you about taking bribe, say no!

Hi, do you mind me asking more about ur SM offer? as in are you law/non law, when u interviewed and when u received the offer? thanks!
Of course!

I am a bit of a different case. So I already interviewed for the Winter Workshop and got on that, so to apply for a TC I just had to send a letter of intent. They then said they'd sort our interviews out first (not as a preference but because it was faster as they'd already seen us), so this is for the TC and it's a face-to-face interview but I certainly wouldn't worry if you've applied direct because they'll sort them very soon I'm sure :smile:

Thank you! I applied for the Spring workshop :smile: so I wasn't sure if they had started looking at applications or not! But good luck for the TC interview! When is it?
Original post by That Was So Funny!
Hi, do you mind me asking more about ur SM offer? as in are you law/non law, when u interviewed and when u received the offer? thanks!

I'm law. I interviewed around 14 January and got an email two weeks later with an offer.
Thank you! I applied for the Spring workshop :smile: so I wasn't sure if they had started looking at applications or not! But good luck for the TC interview! When is it?

My interview is a week on Monday. The workshop was really good fun and the people at the firm are lovely, so great choice by choosing to apply! :smile:
Original post by Sian.
Irwin Mitchell video interview was terrible, had to stop most of them! Does anybody know if you can replay your own video ? Would be an interesting watch!

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, sure it isn't as bad as you think! If you don't mind me asking, do you get a practice question before every question and how long do you get to answer, does it automatically cut off? Thanks:smile:
Reply 2096
Fingers-crossed for us all then! Good luck :smile:

Yes, good luck to you too
My interview is a week on Monday. The workshop was really good fun and the people at the firm are lovely, so great choice by choosing to apply! :smile:

Thanks :P do they interview you for the workshop? Or are you just given a place based on your application? If I'm successful, do you mind if I message you to find out a bit more about the workshop itself?

I'm sure you'll do great at your interview!
Thanks :P do they interview you for the workshop? Or are you just given a place based on your application? If I'm successful, do you mind if I message you to find out a bit more about the workshop itself?

I'm sure you'll do great at your interview!

Following the application I had to do a video interview, which was just motivation based. Yep of course you can PM me :smile:
Reply 2099
Original post by NotMikeRoss
My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection :frown:
CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
Weil - Waiting
Skadden - Waiting
Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
White and Case - Waiting
DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask

Hi, I recently completed my app for mishcon, but generally wanted to ask what they assessment day consisted of?

Quick Reply

Latest